ESPN: Nagy and Pace Likely Safe

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously, I am done with Pace. His work on offense is bordering on unprofessional. This is 2020 and he has remade the 2006 Bears with a worse offense and more expensive QB cluster F.

LOL I'm sorry Windy but this cracked me up. Bordering on unprofessional isn't exactly a scathing critique. Farting in the workplace elevator is bordering on unprofessional; Pace's building of this offense is abysmal, putrid, and bordering on felonious.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Someone call 1989

Meh the Seahawks have made it work and until this year their offense has been entirely pedestrian. The legion of boom won one.

Just last year we saw the 49ers do it.

If the bears had even average O line play I think foles could be a guy you could win with. He’s not going to carry a team but with an elite defense like the bears he can do just enough.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Meh the Seahawks have made it work and until this year their offense has been entirely pedestrian. The legion of boom won one.

Just last year we saw the 49ers do it.

If the bears had even average O line play I think foles could be a guy you could win with. He’s not going to carry a team but with an elite defense like the bears he can do just enough.

Yes, you can win with a great defense and a really good rushing attack.

Our OL and rushing attack suck.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Yes, you can win with a great defense and a really good rushing attack.

Our OL and rushing attack suck.

What’s absolutely bonkers is that the Seahawks have never really had a dominant o line. They could run block however.

They also have a very very good coach, even if he hasn’t installed a ‘next generation’ type offense. Until this year it’s just been hey let’s run the ball.

If pace can do what needs to be done and fix the o line then the bears may start looking like a dominant team. They never need to have a top 15 offense. The question is more about what will it take for them to move from bottom of the pack to middle of the road.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
we're talking about a LT that played very well in 2018 and honestly prior to that was good too. and somehow drops off the face of the earth after getting paid ? and its on pace ? Daniels whitehair have been pretty good pickups I wouldn't call them the best... but good enough. Ifedi has played really well and he got him for 1 mill a year ?!?! Massie has played better this season than last too. He fucked up drafting a QB shit happens he is young fell in love with a character to play leader for this team. live and learn I'd give him 1 more chance to find a QB for the future. We need to draft a QB/LT/WR/SS/ILB/OLB/DL/OG

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I know I am in the minority here but I would fire Nagy and keep Pace. Pace has shown he can build a championship defense.

I don't think Nagy has shown us anything.

Fire Nagy and hire the best QB developer possible as new HC. Let him hand pick and develop a QB.

A GM who puts together championship defenses with more than one DC has proven his worth in the league. Yes he blew the QB pick big time. But I can't see firing a GM who can get you to the playoffs.
At this point, I think they are tied together. If one goes, the other will go as well. Especially since Pace will most likely be picking another high round QB which is going to have a lot of Nagy influence. Barring an epic meltdown, this season has likely bought them a few more years.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
At this point, I think they are tied together. If one goes, the other will go as well. Especially since Pace will most likely be picking another high round QB which is going to have a lot of Nagy influence. Barring an epic meltdown, this season has likely bought them a few more years.

if the bears have a first rd playoff exit where we get crushed like 24-3 or something, i could see them wiping the slate clean or at the very least being on a very short leash next season and not being allowed to draft a qb or use future picks

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They would have had to been a disaster this season for the McCaskeys to eat those contracts after losing a ton of revenue playing to an empty Solider Field.

I don't like Pace, but have not completely given up on Nagy yet.

Pace routinely seesaws his way into my ire and good graces. I was neutral on him till he decided to re-sign a worthless gadget back that immediately ate shit afterwards. GG Pace. GG.

I'm still net neutral on both Nagy and Pace. But if Nagy's stubborn ass doesn't relinquish play calling or dramatically change his play calling I'm going to be calling for his head within a year.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
if the bears have a first rd playoff exit where we get crushed like 24-3 or something, i could see them wiping the slate clean or at the very least being on a very short leash next season and not being allowed to draft a qb or use future picks
My thought on that would be what is the point of having a GM you don't believe in and put conditions on the draft? Bears should just move on in that case.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My thought on that would be what is the point of having a GM you don't believe in and put conditions on the draft? Bears should just move on in that case.

Yeah, plus who does make the picks then?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This is the right decision. Nagy and Pace have always been tied together. Luckily for Pace. Sucks for Nagy because he's well over .500 as a coach and making chicken soup out of chicken shit on offense. I doubt they could get rid of Pace and get someone to take on Nagy for more than a year, and Nagy has done enough to not be put in a lame duck situation.

At this point, I'm hoping they can keep up this winning ugly thing and work together (with Nagy leading the way maybe with some help from his old buddy Andy Reid) to get this QB situation right. Oh and put whatever other resources into the OL.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No shit, anyone who thought they were going anywhere minus like a 6 win season were fucking meatballs.

This current regime has been a major improvement over the previous few.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I just do not get how Ryan Pace thinks.

How does mediocre QB + mediocre OL =anything but a bad offense?

IDK about you but I would have bet good money that a couple new coaches, Germain Ifedi and the Jags backup QB wouldn't make this a top 5 offense? I mean that's just a winning formula.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Because he wants you to be able to cunt about something.

He saw you being a good poster a couple years ago, now he's just fucking the bears over to watch the WindyCity cunt showdown.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No shit, anyone who thought they were going anywhere minus like a 6 win season were fucking meatballs.

This current regime has been a major improvement over the previous few.

DuBDNUXU4AUuUJG.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because he wants you to be able to cunt about something.

He saw you being a good poster a couple years ago, now he's just fucking the bears over to watch the WindyCity cunt showdown.

More than likely it is because he is not good at his job and he knows that there is a sad/desperate sub section of this fan base that will continue to slurp up everything that he does because he is better than Phil Emery.

How the offense is designed is idiotic. Give a 14 year old a Maddon franchise and he would not put together this mediocre shit show.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

What better than mediocre QB could they have gotten last year? What move at Oline was available that you would have made?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They would have had to been a disaster this season for the McCaskeys to eat those contracts after losing a ton of revenue playing to an empty Solider Field.

I don't like Pace, but have not completely given up on Nagy yet.
I am the opposite, Pace has done more good as a GM than anyone since Jerry Vainisi or a very brief period of the Jerry Angelo era, not that that is any huge feat.

Nagy, however, just repeats the same mistakes over and over, play calling, cutesy trick plays, clock management, and struggles in player (un)development, play disipline, fundamentals.

How many times have we heard about the need to clean things up the last 2 1/2 seasons? His side of the ball has been a complete disaster.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Would everyone be happier if we were 5-1 with a great offense and a bad defense? Do you have to win with style?

A GM builds a top 5 unit and people want to run him out of town. And we are leading the NFC north. Fucking unbelievable.