Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

WearShades

Liked Posts:
It could be a very, very big year. The only team I'm really afraid of in a 7 game series is Orlando. Everyone else I feel we can take down at full strength. Boston is just an injury away, and at their ages and Rondo's ongoing foot issues something will slow them down. The Heat still aren't playing team basketball, and I don't think anyone here really buys the Knicks as an Eastern powerhouse. I'm just a few weeks of continued good play of expecting the Bulls to get to the Eastern Conference Championship.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It could be a very, very big year. The only team I'm really afraid of in a 7 game series is Orlando. Everyone else I feel we can take down at full strength. Boston is just an injury away, and at their ages and Rondo's ongoing foot issues something will slow them down. The Heat still aren't playing team basketball, and I don't think anyone here really buys the Knicks as an Eastern powerhouse. I'm just a few weeks of continued good play of expecting the Bulls to get to the Eastern Conference Championship.
Miami is still tough and Boston has the experience and that cannot be underrated. I hate Boston and I think we can beat them now, but it'll be a tough series.

The Magic have to get hot from three in order to beat us.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that they are #4 on that list is a joke. They are #7 at best.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Boston would rock the Bulls... I'm thinking 4 or 5 games even if KG is out.

You should fear the Heat, as well.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Don't you all love the fact that during this duration of teams with streaks that the Mavs (now broken), Celtics, Heat & Knicks all seemed to get a lot of press & attention but Chicago's current streak of 6 get thrown under the bridge by ESPN & the media. I mean, if it wasn't for the Chicago media & NBAtv......nobody would have as much of a freakin' clue.

:obama:

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad we are doing great without having Booz for so long. Imagine if Miami and Boston had only a 5 game win streak for example. We would probably be in first right now or extremely close.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Wait....wait...wait...

A rookie Rose and a team not nearly as good as this Bulls team can be took the Celtics 7 without KG but this Bulls team can't go any more than 4 or 5? With KG not playing???

C'mon Man!

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait....wait...wait...

A rookie Rose and a team not nearly as good as this Bulls team can be took the Celtics 7 without KG but this Bulls team can't go any more than 4 or 5? With KG not playing???

C'mon Man!

This is what I've been thinking.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Wait....wait...wait...

C'mon Man!

Yeah, I have to say I disagree with you there Rami. Without KG, Boston is a much different team and would probably be on a lower level than us now that we have Boozer. Boozer is the difference there and we end up winning with Boozer if they are missing KG. That said, with KG, I think Boston beats us in probably 6 games.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Yeah this celtics team is getting older. keep in mind that pierce and allen have both gotten older. Yeah, Rondo has gotten better, BUT w/o kg, i dont think they're THAT good. KG, in spite of age, is a decent help defender. None of shaq, JO, and perkins really have good lateral quickness. Big baby is arguably 6'7, and he really doesn't provide much in terms of shot altering.

Also w/o KG i'd argue that Boozer, noah, taj, and asik are all better than JO, Perkins, Shaq, and big baby.

With that said, it coems down to a battle of the pg's, and whether allen and pierce are going to be able to take deng and korver/brewer.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Wait....wait...wait...

C'mon Man!

2jte0z.jpg

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait....wait...wait...

C'mon Man!

2008 Celtics (w/o KG and Powe--who were absent in that Bulls' series):
PG: Rondo, Marbury
SG: Allen, House
SF: Pierce, Tony Allen
PF: Davis, Scalabrine
C: Perkins, Moore

2011 Celtics (w/o KG, as I stated)
PG: Rondo, West
SG: Allen, Robinson
SF: Pierce, Daniels, Von Wafer
PF: Davis, J.O'Neal
C: S. O'Neal, Perkins

I'm liking the 2011 team much more than the 2008 team...

I also wasn't shocked that the Bulls took the Celtics to 7 games that year... I predicted BOS would beat CHI 4-3 before the series.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
though, Houf, I will take back the 4-5 game thing. I said that in haste.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I have to say I disagree with you there Rami. Without KG, Boston is a much different team and would probably be on a lower level than us now that we have Boozer. Boozer is the difference there and we end up winning with Boozer if they are missing KG. That said, with KG, I think Boston beats us in probably 6 games.

I understand that KG is extremely valuable. In fact... I believe KG is their best player. With KG playing the way he is now, the Celtics could honestly sweep the Bulls.

As for the Bulls vs. KG-less Celtics... The Celtics still have a much superior bench than CHI.

Maybe the Bulls could win that series... but I still think Boston would win.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I understand that KG is extremely valuable. In fact... I believe KG is their best player. With KG playing the way he is now, the Celtics could honestly sweep the Bulls.

As for the Bulls vs. KG-less Celtics... The Celtics still have a much superior bench than CHI.

Maybe the Bulls could win that series... but I still think Boston would win.

Maybe. Possibly. Anything can happen. I expect Doc to be resting the Big Three at the end of the year again, which didnt happen as much in 2009. But I think with Boozer now fitting into the lineup the Bulls are a better team and matchup well with the Bulls. The Bulls weakness though is the lack of a shooting guard to create offense like they had in BG.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
4th? Thats awesome!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe. Possibly. Anything can happen. I expect Doc to be resting the Big Three at the end of the year again, which didnt happen as much in 2009. But I think with Boozer now fitting into the lineup the Bulls are a better team and matchup well with the Bulls. The Bulls weakness though is the lack of a shooting guard to create offense like they had in BG.

I actually think it is the Celtics who match up better with the Bulls than vice versa. But oh well...

The thing is, man, I don't like them being ranked 4th in the Power Rankings. Here are 4 teams that they have no business being ahead of: Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Heat. And the Magic are another team that I don't like behind the Bulls either.

Joakim Noah said it best after Barkley picked the Bulls to win the East- he laughed it off as a joke. The Bulls would be much better off with expectations low for them... less of a target on their backs- the better off they'll be. Know what I mean?