Every time i start to believe in Mitch

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Please feel free to believe in Trubisky.

He is a big reason the Bears are 7-3 and he is improving. The Bears are ahead of schedule because he and the offense are ahead of schedule. Everyone knew the defense was going to be dominant and still had them at 6-7 wins.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Passer rating isn't the only thing. Cousins literally lost his team points (down near the goal line at the end of the first half, and then the pick-six).
I have been told passer rating is the deciding factor on how a QB plays...
Cousins could have near walked into the endzone late in the game but chucked an incompletion due to his lack of willingness to pull it down. Funny how those types of decisions that are game changing decisions just don't make it Remy's evaluation.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not sold on Mitch being one of the top 5 QBs in league...no one here should. I am sold on him still going to improve. I don't think we've seen his ceiling.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am not sold on Mitch being one of the top 5 QBs in league...no one here should. I am sold on him still going to improve. I don't think we've seen his ceiling.

Agreed. He makes plays. He doesn't fall apart after mistakes. He is improving.

I to have doubts he is ever and elite QB, not many guys are, but I think he is trending towards the top 10 with more experience and time with Nagy.

I would not take Stafford or Cousins over him at this point. I have seen those ceilings and neither impresses me.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What I do see in Mitch is a guy that the team wants to follow, a guy that does more than the raw stats say, a guy that can make a mistake and not let it bury him for the game. Sorta anti Cutler or anti- Newton, he has a little punky QB in him. But I see him with that plus elite upside.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What I do see in Mitch is a guy that the team wants to follow, a guy that does more than the raw stats say, a guy that can make a mistake and not let it bury him for the game. Sorta anti Cutler or anti- Newton, he has a little punky QB in him.

His command of the team and the locker room is impressive. It is pretty clear that they believe in him.

It is just a waiting game now. How long does it take for him to take the next big step.

Last night was great experience for him, and really the entire team. That was a huge game, on primetime, with a team that has been on the top, coming off their bye week, and the Bears handled them. In teaching we talk about "Ahah" moments where a student has a moment where things click and come together, to me that is what we saw last night.

We saw a team and a young QB grind out an impressive and needed win.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cousins could have near walked into the endzone late in the game but chucked an incompletion due to his lack of willingness to pull it down. Funny how those types of decisions that are game changing decisions just don't make it Remy's evaluation.

Lol, I never commented on Cousins so not sure your point. Trubs was already credited with being a great runner.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Lol, I never commented on Cousins so not sure your point. Trubs was already credited with being a great runner.
Yet you base the difference of MT's "fucking poor" performance vs Brees' against the same D on one INT, as had Gabriel broken up that INT MT's passer rating would have been 80.7 and you ignore his play under pressure situations,3rd down and fourth quarter has been eclipsed by no one this season. Only Nick Foles and Phil in last season's NFCC had a better 3rd down % vs the Min D in the last 2 seasons and 28 games than Mitch and the Bears.
Your passer rating argument is so myopic you may need these to see your monitor.

4387836665_bc5d8bd97c_b.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yet you base the difference of MT's "fucking poor" performance vs Brees' against the same D on one INT, as had Gabriel broken up that INT MT's passer rating would have been 80.7 and you ignore his play under pressure situations,3rd down and fourth quarter has been eclipsed by no one this season. Only Nick Foles and Phil in last season's NFCC had a better 3rd down % vs the Min D in the last 2 seasons and 28 games than Mitch and the Bears.
Your passer rating argument is so myopic you may need these to see your monitor.

Oh so we doing almost pass break ups from a guy that cries about almost interceptions? Please make up your mind. Do "almost" statistics count or not?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oh so we doing almost pass break ups from a guy that cries about almost interceptions? Please make up your mind. Do "almost" statistics count or not?
No I embrace his passer rating with the rest of his game and think it was a good performance against a great defense and a gutty win. I am just pointing out your whole tissue paper thin argument that it was a "fucking poor" game is based on one pass while ignoring all the other non passer things that he did so extremely well.

You act like a QB is no more than a JUGGS machine, but I guess that meshes with your minimalist, the HC is no more than a red flag thrower argument.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
No I embrace his passer rating with the rest of his game and think it was a good performance against a great defense and a gutty win. I am just pointing out your whole tissue paper thin argument that it was a "fucking poor" game is based on one pass while ignoring all the other non passer things that he did so extremely well.

You act like a QB is no more than a JUGGS machine, but I guess that meshes with your minimalist, the HC is no more than a red flag thrower argument.

remy suggested that the Bears let Trubisky go and replace him with a JUGGS machine to free up cap space to sign Robbie Gould!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Soft bigotry of low expectations I suppose. It was not a good performance. His passer rating sucked and his running was good. Since passing is a larger portion of a QB's play then overall it was a poor performance that was good enough to win given our defensive efforts. Relying on defensive TDs to win the game is not a good offensive performance. But you are free to have lower standards of QB play. No biggie!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
remy suggested that the Bears let Trubisky go and replace him with a JUGGS machine to free up cap space to sign Robbie Gould!
Plus, the JUGGS machine's fundemantals should be super sound having never had the encumbrance of having to play in an actual game

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Soft bigotry of low expectations I suppose. It was not a good performance. His passer rating sucked and his running was good. Since passing is a larger portion of a QB's play then overall it was a poor performance that was good enough to win given our defensive efforts. Relying on defensive TDs to win the game is no a good offensive performance.

Poor Trubisky is playing without a true WR1, tho

Jay Cutler would have lost this game for the Bears.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
What a foolish trolling thread...

One stat shows how well Trubs played last night: 3rd down conversion percentage. He made big time throws (and runs) in big time situations, in a HUGE game.

Minny was the best 3rd down defense in the league...not sure they are anymore after last night...

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Plus, the JUGGS machine's fundemantals should be super sound having never had the encumbrance of having to play in an actual game

JUGGS machine stands tall in the pocket, unflinching to the punishment it's about to receive.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
18 for 23, 120yds, 1 TD 1 INT

Drew Brees against the Vikings on Sunday Night Football.

Just sayin....

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Soft bigotry of low expectations I suppose. It was not a good performance. His passer rating sucked and his running was good. Since passing is a larger portion of a QB's play then overall it was a poor performance that was good enough to win given our defensive efforts. Relying on defensive TDs to win the game is no a good offensive performance.
So now you want to assume that had E Jackson merely got an INT, that the Bears could not have gone 0 yards and still kicked a FG or actually driven taken time off the clock an scored a TD just as Jackson did.

Why does it hurt you so deeply that Trubisky is a good QB with upside to be great?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Poor Trubisky is playing without a true WR1, tho

Jay Cutler would have lost this game for the Bears.

Sure No Effort ARob shit the bed for much of the game last night and Cutty would probably have thrown 4 Ints last night.