Expectations for 21/22 season

Granada

Liked Posts:
Anything less than the playoffs would be a substantial failure, considering all the money Bowman spent this off-season.

If the Hawks reached the second round, I'd call that a decent success. If they made it to the WCF, it would be a roaring success. If they go out in the first round, Bowman will call it a success, if only to save his ass -- but to me, a first round exit wouldn't be a substantial failure, but a failure nonetheless.

So in short, my expectations would be second round. That's what I expect; I'm not predicting that.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
They should be much better my friend and I shoulda been born rich too but I settled for handsome!LOL! I can see a 90pt team if things go right and maybe more if things go real well. PO's are anyone's guess.
Kubs will finish a bunch of JT's sweet dishes this year and I see Hagel as so much more than a grinder but few teams will ice three better forwards than Kane,DeBrincat and Toews if he's 100%.
I see a HUGE year for D-Cat especially if he's left with Kane........40 plus and enough assists to reach 100pts while playing a great all-around game and killing penalties. NOT one of the top 10 LW's in hockey? What a fucking joke!
To comment on the Cat, I don’t think Kaner was even nominated as one of the top 10 guys in the league, but yet all these guys, Marner, Mathews, McDavid, Mackinnon, Draisatel, even the Breadman how many cups do they have between them, big fat zero but yet these guys are the best, these ranking system are ridiculous.
I do agree that the Cat is going to have an explosive season.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Anything less than the playoffs would be a substantial failure, considering all the money Bowman spent this off-season.

If the Hawks reached the second round, I'd call that a decent success. If they made it to the WCF, it would be a roaring success. If they go out in the first round, Bowman will call it a success, if only to save his ass -- but to me, a first round exit wouldn't be a substantial failure, but a failure nonetheless.
Agreed, but I will say it’s going to be a dog fight in the central, besides Nashville it’s anyones call. The odds on favorite are the AVS, but thats not a given, Dallas looks good, Minny is no push over, St.Louis always put up a fight, The Coyotes are junk, but it will be tough from game 1.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To comment on the Cat, I don’t think Kaner was even nominated as one of the top 10 guys in the league, but yet all these guys, Marner, Mathews, McDavid, Mackinnon, Draisatel, even the Breadman how many cups do they have between them, big fat zero but yet these guys are the best, these ranking system are ridiculous.
I do agree that the Cat is going to have an explosive season.
PK was rated 11th recently and has received league honors but probably not his share.
D-Cat potted 119 in his first four years,one FOOLISHLY spent on a checking line and two of those four years were shortened resulting in 286 starts.
The great Patrick Kane potted 103 in his first four years and 317 starts. Kane was without doubt the better assist man but I think it's fair to say he was surrounded by better talent his first four years.
I know it's a lofty comparison but the goal numbers are a comparison and D-Cat's defensive improvement is the thing that has really gotten my attention to be honest. His approach to the game and the constant smile are also enduring......we hit the JACKPOT with this kid in the 2nd round!!!!!!

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
PK was rated 11th recently and has received league honors but probably not his share.
D-Cat potted 119 in his first four years,one FOOLISHLY spent on a checking line and two of those four years were shortened resulting in 286 starts.
The great Patrick Kane potted 103 in his first four years and 317 starts. Kane was without doubt the better assist man but I think it's fair to say he was surrounded by better talent his first four years.
I know it's a lofty comparison but the goal numbers are a comparison and D-Cat's defensive improvement is the thing that has really gotten my attention to be honest. His approach to the game and the constant smile are also enduring......we hit the JACKPOT with this kid in the 2nd round!!!!!!
Bob, here is something to think about, Nick Suzuki just signed a contract extension 8 years/ 63 million. 15 goals, 26 assists for 41 points.
Alex the Cat, 52 games played, 32 goals, 24 assists for 56 points. Now 7.8 for Suzuki, Stan better open that cash vault if he intends on keeping the Cat, he will no doubt cost 9-9.5 for 8 seasons, his agent will be asking for that, and to boot, Kubalik, Toews and Kane are all around the corner for new contracts. How in the world can all this be done without a cap nightmare.
Kubalik 17 goals, 21 assists for 38 points, and to boot playing with a bunch of nobodie, he point will double will Toews back, he will be looking at 8 million per if Suzuki is what we are comparing to.