Expectations for Justin Fields vs other good rookies.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
1. Insert the exact quote where Mahomes said Smith was more important than Nagy.

2. NFL teams do not evaluate who is the better passer based solely on numbers. Not sure why you still dont understand this. You are free to believe Fields is a better passer. I am simply telling you the mechanism by which you have decided this is moronic.

1) I didn't think u could produce the exact quote where I said "Mahomes said Smith was more important than Nagy."
U can't show where I made anything up. Typical...... when caught you re-direct.

2) You're doing lots of red herrings with all the draft analysis stuff ( Of course I know how Qb evaluation works, I know all about the Qb position). That wasn't what this was originally about. Remember u said they were 3 separate points. Now u wanna juxtapose all the points and add new ones. There's nothing coming outta college that says they're "equal", "comparable" or similar as passers.

You said ( see I produce quotes)
1. Fields is at least Darnold's equal as a passer. (I said no)
2. Fields is a much better Runner.
3. Fields had better college production.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nah I can keep this up indefinitely. I want to see how many times he can use words he doesnt understand as he is still trying to figure out if this is a red herring or a strawman.

You "unknowingly" challenge my vocabulary and whether I understand what I say. SMH

LOL.......Oh I know it nc0gnet0 has mentioned it. I've mentioned it. This is you........

red herring...something intended to divert attention from the real problem or matter at hand; a misleading clue.
a fact, idea, or subject that takes people's attention away from the central point being considered

strawman.....an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Also, as nc0gnet0 pointed out.....
You Move the goal posts.......evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded.

when all else fails you'll sometimes slip into ad hominem attacks

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nah I can keep this up indefinitely. I want to see how many times he can use words he doesnt understand as he is still trying to figure out if this is a red herring or a strawman.

Listen to Enasic or not

Oh I know you can lol …. And so can he so not sure what exactly you’re trying to find out…but live and let live

Hey man, I can respect and appreciate your perspective. And I respect your positivity. :)(y)
So I'll be the one to step away from this circular situation with him. We'll let him have the last word.
Thanks

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1) I didn't think u could produce the exact quote where I said "Mahomes said Smith was more important than Nagy."
U can't show where I made anything up. Typical...... when caught you re-direct.

2) You're doing lots of red herrings with all the draft analysis stuff ( Of course I know how Qb evaluation works, I know all about the Qb position). That wasn't what this was originally about. Remember u said they were 3 separate points. Now u wanna juxtapose all the points and add new ones. There's nothing coming outta college that says they're "equal", "comparable" or similar as passers.

You said ( see I produce quotes)
1. Fields is at least Darnold's equal as a passer. (I said no)
2. Fields is a much better Runner.
3. Fields had better college production.

Post 187 claims Reid was more important than Nagy. That is pure speculation and not based on anything Mahomes said. In fact when I kept asking you to listen to what Mahomes said you responded by bringing Smith into it. Then in post 214, you said that Smith had more involvement in Mahomes' technical development but again Mahomes never said that. Mahomes has never claimed anyone has had more involvement than the other so you again are just speculating. I am not telling you that one was more important than the other. I am telling you that Mahomes said Nagy did help develop him. That is straight from Mahomes mouth and does not require me to make assumptions as to who is more important as you did in 187 and 214.

Right and I still believe Reid had more impact than Nagy (that's where I was going). From what I've seen ,( not justTrubisky), Nagy hasn't had an impact on any of the Bear Qb's since he's been here. I don't have or see any translated results here from Nagy.
Post 187 where you claim Reid had more impact. Again, Mahomes never said this.
U said....what makes you think he can't develop #11 pick Fields? >>>#181
There was more in the Smith article ( #205 ) that said he had a strong hand in Mahomes' technical Qb development. More than Nagy. Ask others here if Nagy is a Qb developer ( start a thread). Or lets agree to disagree.
Post 214 where you claim Smith had more impact. Again Mahomes never said this.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
red herring...something intended to divert attention from the real problem or matter at hand; a misleading clue.
a fact, idea, or subject that takes people's attention away from the central point being considered

The central point of contention is my assertion that Fields and Darnold are at least comparable passers. Explaining to you how I arrived at that conclusion ie scouting reports and game film is not a red herring dummy. It is central to the point as it provides the actual basis upon which I made that point. So I have no idea what you think is a red herring. I am not distracting from the point. I am explaining how I arrived at the point that you are disputing.

strawman.....an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

What are you claiming is a strawman? Please cite the actual statement and explain what makes it a strawman as again it appears you don't know how to apply these words in real life.

Also, as nc0gnet0 pointed out.....
You Move the goal posts.......evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded.

Again, be specific. Cite the example where you claimed goalposts were moved. I did not move any goalposts. You referenced college states to dispute my claim and I responded that college stats alone do not determine who the better passer is. You actually have not disputed this in anyway. I provided evidence by the fact that NFL teams employ scouts and watch game film to evaluate players and again you have not provided any evidence that disputes that they do. So I did not move goalposts dummy. I rebutted your argument with actual facts. It is fact that in evaluating players NFL teams use scouts and watch game film rather than rely solely on college stats. So again your position here is moronic. You keep referencing college stats and ignoring that NFL players are evaluated on more than college stats.
when all else fails you'll sometimes slip into ad hominem attacks

Again you don't know what words mean.

It would be an ad hominem if I insulted you instead of addressing your argument. Instead, I insulted you while also rebutting your argument so it is not an ad hominem. I call you a dummy and your argument moronic not as a means to avoid addressing your argument. I call you a dummy and your argument moronic because in evaluating and thoroughly rebutting your argument, it was revealed that again you don't know what words mean and your argument regarding college stats is not actually practiced by a single one of the 32 teams in the NFL. There is no NFL team, coach, GM or scout that would ever cite college stats and college stats alone as a means to conclude one player is better than the other. That is why your argument is moronic. It would only be an ad hominem if I called you a moron and then refused to respond to the substance of your arguments. But the last few pages are of me explaining why the substance of your argument is categorically stupid. Hence any insult of you is not an ad hominem but simply an insult.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
...we all might want to adjust our expectations.

Not looking like 3800 and 30-ish TDs is happin'