Fair-weather

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
Chicago fans are sooooooooo fair weather. They turn so quickly. Just a few seasons ago, Kevin Gregg sucked and EVERYONE was all over Marmol's nutsack. Now HE sucks and people act like he's never been good before.

The Bulls lose Rose for a season, and it's Tibbs fault. Shouldn't have still been playing, Bulls will suck next year without Rose. Bulls actually have a pretty good start, and it's all Bulls rule! Once Rose comes back, we're gonna PWN the playoffs! Then we lose to the lowly Kings and Bobcats and we suck again, season's over, let's go Hawks. THEN we beat the Heat a few times and the Bulls are awesome again. Then we lose to Detroit and Rose probably isn't coming back and we're horrible again and Tibbs needs to go. Give me a break, so many wishy-washy fans here. So embarrassing.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
And not to mention how many new die-hard Sox ( after '05) and Hawks (after '10 and AGAIN after this season's hot start) there are.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Your board name is appropriate because you are definitely very special as in special ed.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Most teams have fair weather fans. However, saying any of them are Cubs fans, is just wrong.

Carry on. :tiptoe:

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
Most teams have fair weather fans. However, saying any of them are Cubs fans, is just wrong.

Carry on. :tiptoe:

I am a Cubs fan, have been my whole life. And I've seen the focus go from the team to "the event." Corporate stiffs on work outings, frat boys partying it up, bleacher bunny woo girls slitting themselves out. Everyone on their cellphones, taking pictures for Facebook to prove they're at the game without actually paying attention to the game. This is Cubdom in the new millennium now.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I think the worst was when the Blackhawks won the 2010 Stanley Cup. People jumped on the bandwagon when they went deep into the playoffs the year before but then they jumped back off the bandwagon and didn't get back on until the following post season.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I was talking to my father about Kevin Gregg yesterday lol. Every team has those fans. Corey Patterson was booed every time he went up to the plate from the middle-end of the 2005 season. LaTroy Hawkins was another one. Marmol gets booed now but he was loved a few years ago.

The media has been terrible towards Soriano and they got the fans to go along with it. He has a good 2012 season and some more people like him

The Cubs get a great player like Starlin Castro and the media and fans just want to talk about his errors.

Bears fans said Charles Tillman was average and washed up 3 years ago.

Bulls fans disliked Luol Deng but have liked him the past 2 years.

Every team has fair weather fans that treat players like that and it is unfortunate. They are people like us.

I will say though, at least Cubs fans still watch the games and go to the games unlike other sports "fans" around the country.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, but is that a good thing? If you keep coming out, why should I do anything about the product on the field? It is a business after all.

Uhh.... it's called being a fan.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Uhh.... it's called being a fan.

So staying at home and not paying money to see an inferior product is not being a fan?

Just want to be clear here as you are implying it would seem that a fan goes regardless of product and if they don't than the individual is not a fan.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
So staying at home and not paying money to see an inferior product is not being a fan?

Just want to be clear here as you are implying it would seem that a fan goes regardless of product and if they don't than the individual is not a fan.

Your still a fan, but not a big one. One that just watches games here and there, but never sees your team in person.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:

I don't think enjoying baseball is a crime.

HI THIS IS JI-

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
To preempt this turning into a Sox fans are smarter than Cubs fans/Cubs fans are more loyal than Sox fans sink hole let me say this:

Last year the White Sox completely stunned everyone and put a fun product out there and nobody showed up, creating a lot of financial constraints for the team moving forward and essentially shit like this is why owners like Reinsdorf pushed for a cap on international spending.

Conversely, Cubs fans that decide to go everyday to Wrigley, whatever. That's fine. My issue is the amazing amount of dumbfuck Cub fans that wear the jersey, get the tix, and then don't know shit about baseball. Don't pretend like they don't exist, they do. And the ratio is high in Cubs nation. They go and hit social media with #RickettsCheap and all that bullshit and make me want to disassociate myself with the fanbase.

Chicago baseball fans on average tend to really just be football fans waiting for BEARS. There are exceptions, but that's the fact.

HI THIS IS JI-

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a big Cub fan and I know a lot about the Cubs. I keep up with them 24/7, the real roster and the minors as well. If I didn't have a job or I got paid too, I would go to as much Cub games as I can and to the minor-league games too.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Conversely, Cubs fans that decide to go everyday to Wrigley, whatever. That's fine. My issue is the amazing amount of dumbfuck Cub fans that wear the jersey, get the tix, and then don't know shit about baseball. Don't pretend like they don't exist, they do. And the ratio is high in Cubs nation. They go and hit social media with #RickettsCheap and all that bullshit and make me want to disassociate myself with the fanbase.
While I won't dispute this as much as I used to after watching the reaction to the Tony Campana DFA, but lets not pretend like there aren't a large number of Cubs fans that know what they are talking about.

MRubio52

Liked Posts:
While I won't dispute this as much as I used to after watching the reaction to the Tony Campana DFA, but lets not pretend like there aren't a large number of Cubs fans that know what they are talking about.

There are. A lot of Chicago baseball fans are smart but the masses of stupid from both sides stick out

HI THIS IS JI-

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

Tony Campana ftw.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That's not fair-weather fandom... That's fans not being blindly loyal to a team.

Sent from Neverwhere using Taptalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm a big Cub fan and I know a lot about the Cubs. I keep up with them 24/7, the real roster and the minors as well. If I didn't have a job or I got paid too, I would go to as much Cub games as I can and to the minor-league games too.

By your def earlier you are not a big fan.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
I'm a die hard Cub fan, and Marmol blows. Something was lost the past few years. I don't feel like he worked hard enough to maintain dominance, that and he mentally crumbles.