Fair-weather

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
To preempt this turning into a Sox fans are smarter than Cubs fans/Cubs fans are more loyal than Sox fans sink hole let me say this:

Last year the White Sox completely stunned everyone and put a fun product out there and nobody showed up, creating a lot of financial constraints for the team moving forward and essentially shit like this is why owners like Reinsdorf pushed for a cap on international spending.

Conversely, Cubs fans that decide to go everyday to Wrigley, whatever. That's fine. My issue is the amazing amount of dumbfuck Cub fans that wear the jersey, get the tix, and then don't know shit about baseball. Don't pretend like they don't exist, they do. And the ratio is high in Cubs nation. They go and hit social media with #RickettsCheap and all that bullshit and make me want to disassociate myself with the fanbase.

Chicago baseball fans on average tend to really just be football fans waiting for BEARS. There are exceptions, but that's the fact.

HI THIS IS JI-

Sox fans are the most fair weather fans in baseball. They claim more knowledge about the game, yet do not show up even when the team shows promise. Sad organization.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Oh great, the attendance trophy you Scrub fans like to parade. The Sox had the fourth highest ticket price in all of MLB last year and they just lowered ticket prices this year so that their target audience aka families could afford to go, but keep glorifying attending that dump on Clark and Addison like it guarantees you sainthood.

Motor Boating

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
Oh great, the attendance trophy you Scrub fans like to parade. The Sox had the fourth highest ticket price in all of MLB last year and they just lowered ticket prices this year so that their target audience aka families could afford to go, but keep glorifying attending that dump on Clark and Addison like it guarantees you sainthood.

Motor Boating

Walk around the beautiful southside at night. Please, by all means.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Oh great, another Sox vs Cubs fan thread.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Personally, I don't think there is anything wrong with Cub fans, tourists, frats boys/sorority girls selling out Wrigley. But, it annoys me when Cub fans try to act holier because of it Especially when this was Wrigley on opening day for first pitch. To be fair to Sox fans, ticket prices were really, fucking high last year ($60 for bleacher seats for "premier!!!1 games"). The Cubs can get a way with that because the Cubs biggest marketing ploy is their stadium. Baseball fans, historians, tourists, etc have no problem paying out the big money to go see an old ballpark. And I don't blame them, as a history major, I thought Wrigley was cool (I don't know that I would want the Sox to play there, or still be playing at Comiskey).

Not to sound like a tinfoil hat kind of guy, but there is also a hug perception difference too. Wrigley is glorified, rightfully or not, but the Cell gets knocked for "not being Wrigley". When the park opened in 1991, it was a huge hit, but then Camden Yards opened and it went from top to bottom in an off season. Not to mention the "ghetto" stereotype. 20 years ago? Absolutely. But Bridgeport has been changed a lot over the past 20 years.

But, back to point, I wish the Cell would have more attendees. The Sox have been competitive every season since 2000, and you have to give it up to the Sox for trying year in and year out. Comiskey park was usually empty were usually pretty bad except for given years like 77, 83, etc. Sure, would be nice if the Sox could win the division more, and it would be nice if they had a national superstar like Pojols, Verlander, Kershaw, or Longoria. Someone who alone would bring people in. The Sox don't have that. But at the same time, the attendance does keep the Sox on its toes and knows that if they ever gutted the team or wanted to rebuild that they would probably draw 800,000.

BrewCrewFan

Liked Posts:
This is kind of off-topic, but I find it funny that the crowd harasses Braun in the field and up at the plate these past two games chanting HGH, Steroids etc

The Cubs had Sammy Sosa who they supported for how long? It's hypocritical for Cubs/Cardinals/Giants fans to boo Braun when they supported steroid cheaters in the past.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is kind of off-topic, but I find it funny that the crowd harasses Braun in the field and up at the plate these past two games chanting HGH, Steroids etc

The Cubs had Sammy Sosa who they supported for how long? It's hypocritical for Cubs/Cardinals/Giants fans to boo Braun when they supported steroid cheaters in the past.
Most Cub fans I know were tired of Sosa's schtick by the time he left the ball park. Also, roids were a dirty little secret unknown to many casual observers until the league finally did something about them. They are clearly against the rules today.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The Sox may have expensive list price tickets but look on Stub Hub. Last year I went to a game and paid less than $15 for 4 tickets. Sox tickets are very cheap, you just need to know how to buy them. Like for the premier games, buy them from the team in advance. I bought Cubs tickets this year in STL, and vs the Dodgers and Angels for list price. A week before those games they will at least be 1.5 times what I paid. On the other hand, for games in April/May always wait for the weather to dry the market and buy them on eBay or Stubhub from some desperate person trying to get rid of them. Scrolling through stub hub now and only a small fraction of Sox games have their lowest ticket over $20, so don't give me the "Tickets are expensive" reasoning. If anything buy the cheap tickets and sit wherever the hell you want. That's what I do when I go with my friends to Miller Park. Just buy a cheap ticket and find your seat. Their are plenty of empty ones to choose from.

But yes, Chicago does have a lot of fair weather fans. It sucks but each team has them. Chicago just has more due to the population relative to other cities.