Fantasy Land: Cubs Random Trade And FA Ideas VOL 1.34556

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Cubs could match up on a trade if they really try with the Rangers...

Something like this:

Cubs get:
Michael Young
Darren O'Day
Chris Davis

Rangers get:
Alfonso Soriano
Chris Carpetner
Blake DeWitt
Randy Wells
Money for year 2014 (6-9M)

In the Cubs perspective:

They need a 2B who will help a lot. O'Day takes the place of Cashner in the pen. Davis will strenghen the bench and be a good backup 1B. Soriano's lost could hurt but all his stats have decrease since the Cubs sign him and the Cubs save money. Barney will take DeWitt's spot. I don't think Wells will make the rotation and I think another player can pitch better than him who the Cubs sign, already on team or in minor league. I think Carpetner will be a good pitcher but he most likely be a RP on the Cubs and I think he deserves to be a starter.

In the Rangers perspective:

I think they would like a full-time DH in Soriano. Even tho they will get Napoli for the most part. I think Soriano will have a good reunation with his former club. They need pitching pitching pitching and more pitching. So I think Wells and Carp can go in there and help. Also DeWitt would be a good utility who can play all the IF and some OF. The Rangers don't need Young anymore with the signing of Beltre. They don't want Davis anymore and there's no place for him. Then O'Day will just be a add in the Rangers would thrown in. This will prolly be there biggest lost.

If the Rangers and Cubs really tried to work a trade out.. I think a Young/Soriano trade can happen. But will they? I doubt it..

Thoughts?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I think the Cubs could match up on a trade if they really try with the Rangers...

Something like this:

Cubs get:
Michael Young
Darren O'Day
Chris Davis

Rangers get:
Alfonso Soriano
Chris Carpetner
Blake DeWitt
Randy Wells
Money for year 2014 (6-9M)

In the Cubs perspective:

They need a 2B who will help a lot. O'Day takes the place of Cashner in the pen. Davis will strenghen the bench and be a good backup 1B. Soriano's lost could hurt but all his stats have decrease since the Cubs sign him and the Cubs save money. Barney will take DeWitt's spot. I don't think Wells will make the rotation and I think another player can pitch better than him who the Cubs sign, already on team or in minor league. I think Carpetner will be a good pitcher but he most likely be a RP on the Cubs and I think he deserves to be a starter.

In the Rangers perspective:

I think they would like a full-time DH in Soriano. Even tho they will get Napoli for the most part. I think Soriano will have a good reunation with his former club. They need pitching pitching pitching and more pitching. So I think Wells and Carp can go in there and help. Also DeWitt would be a good utility who can play all the IF and some OF. The Rangers don't need Young anymore with the signing of Beltre. They don't want Davis anymore and there's no place for him. Then O'Day will just be a add in the Rangers would thrown in. This will prolly be there biggest lost.

If the Rangers and Cubs really tried to work a trade out.. I think a Young/Soriano trade can happen. But will they? I doubt it..

Thoughts?

Won't happen, but I'd like it.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
It does make sense for both teams. But I did say it won't happen. How do you think the trade looks tho?

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Even with moving cash.. I don't see the Rangers affording that.

The Rangers could afford it.. Member they were going to offer 100M+ to Lee. I know they gave a big contract to Beltre but 20M+ less. So you never know... Maybe the Cubs will give about 5M more..

Status
Not open for further replies.