Favorite Bears WR?

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
1. Waddle
2. Conway
3. Marshall
4. Jeffrey (he's climbing fast)
5. Hester( I know the experiment failed but that didn't mean I loved him anyless....when he caught that 80yd bomb vs mini in o7 I fell in love.)

Liked Posts:
Jeffery. I love Marshalls play/production but Jeffery is a product of the Bears drafting & development.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Earl Bennett

Liked Posts:
Earl Bennett

He was the master of the two feet down inbounds catch along the sideline & end zone. I always liked Bennett, he was always a good blocking WR. Though he often gets knocked for his lack of production, when he did catch the ball it seemed as though it was either for a key first down or TD at a crucial point in some games.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Had some high hopes for Sanzenbacher, really hard worker between the hashes, but had the dropsies.

Marshall is the easiest vote. The guy was so excited to come to Chicago, it's all he talks about still. I love Alshon, but I truly believe Marshall is in love with Chicago and it's fans which makes it so easy to like him.

winterwarz

Waddle was tough and white. How are people surprised he's a fan favorite?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently some posters don't know what "fan favorite" really means.

Willie Gault. And to be clear, I was a "fan" of Gault, not a "fan" of the Bears.

Liked Posts:
Willie Gault. And to be clear, I was a "fan" of Gault, not a "fan" of the Bears.

I'd love to get another tall WR like Gault with Gaults speed also on the roster to play WR & return kicks on ST. That's part why I wanted Patterson in the 2013 draft. He's not quite as fast as Gault was but still more than enough to stretch the field & be a weapon on both the receiving corp. & returner on ST.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't see how it wouldn't be either of the two most talented wideouts in Bears history. B Marsh or The Show

I don't know who the Show is (I'm assuming Alshon? - I don't get into nicknames and that kind of stuff), but Marcus robinson was as physically talented as any receiver in Bears history. Injuries killed his career.

Top 3 in terms of talent (in no particular order) - MRob, Jeffery and Marshall

My top 3 favorite - Jeffery, Booker, Berrian (memories from '06)

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fantuz-Flakes.jpg

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Marshall is probably the best overall. Booker and Robinson both have sentimental value because they were drafted by the Bears. Aside from that Conway was fun to watch. Waddle was that high effort, technically sound, low talent type WR. He was your Rudy with just enough physical ability to get on the field.

Aside from that the obvious joke names that come up are Dez White, David Terrell, Mohammed and then an honorable mention goes to Hurd.

EDIT- Just didn't include Jeffery because it's only one year of production, but then again I guess someone could have said that about Robinson. He should be on that list.

2001 was a fun year...you know...except for that end part.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It's definitely Marshall now but before that it was Marty Booker.

Mitchapalooza

I love Marshall, but Jeffery excites me a little more. I don't know why. I feel like every time a ball is going towards Jeffery, you can always count on him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marcus Robinson or Curtis Conway

LOL at the Waddle love. Dude was terrible.

Agreed. Don't understand the Waddle love. That's more of an indictment of how bad the Bears were in the early to mid 90's than Waddle being good. The nostalgia of youth seems to be flowing with that pick for favorite WR. He would have had a hard time starting anywhere else in the NFL. Was it Muhsin Muhammad who said Chicago is were wide receivers go to die? I think Tom Waddle being a hometown favorite drives that statement home.

But hey, we have fans that think Matt Forte is overrated so nothing is surprising.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know who the Show is (I'm assuming Alshon? - I don't get into nicknames and that kind of stuff), but Marcus robinson was as physically talented as any receiver in Bears history. Injuries killed his career.

Top 3 in terms of talent (in no particular order) - MRob, Jeffery and Marshall

My top 3 favorite - Jeffery, Booker, Berrian (memories from '06)
holy crap...I forgot abt Berrian. He was definitely one of my favorites. In fact when he became a free agent, I was more willing to let Briggs walk and pay Berrian his money. I'm glad I wasn't making personnel decisions for the Bears.