Favorite Hawks Moment Since The Turnaround

JTalarico328

Liked Posts:
New to the forum so I'm not sure if this topic has been discussed, but its one I really enjoy getting into.

As a season ticket holder, there have been moments at the United Center since 2007 that are almost indescribable. I know the Hawks' resurrection has been well-documented, but all you ever hear about is attendance increasing, stores selling jerseys out, etc. What about the fans who went through it all? What was most special to them?

For myself, there are almost too many to choose from. There was the Kings game in late December of 07, when suddenly, every seat was full and SRO was packed. Talk about a "wtf" moment for someone who is used to having a section to himself.

The Philadelphia game on December 26th of 08 was one I'll never forget. I think to this day its the highest attendance ever for a hockey game at the UC. That was the first time ticket demand reached extreme levels, and they tested the capacity of SRO. No doubt in my mind that was a fire hazard that night. Hawks won convincingly for I believe their 9th straight in front of the raucous crowd. We had arrived.

The entire 09 playoffs were incredible and will forever be underrated for obvious reasons (winning the Cup the next year.) Anyone that attended these games knows what I mean.

When it comes down to it though, if I had to choose one moment as being the ultimate Blackhawks orgasm, it would be Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. And I'm mostly referring to the pregame.

The UC was packed as if it was mid 3rd period about 45 minutes prior to puck drop. The standard warmup music was replaced by heavy gangster rap. Twice as loud as normal, too. Not a fan of the genre, but there were no complaints this night.

When the lights went down after the Philly starting line-ups, I could've legitimately cried. What ensued was the loudest [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muYwfcj_JQE"]Let's Go Hawks[/ame] chant I've ever heard, a fantastic intro video, a dangerously loud National Anthem, and a great Game 1 victory.

Moments like the ones above are things I live for as a fan. Frankly, considering the circumstances and what the lifelong Hawks fan went through prior to receiving the gift of the Cup, I'm not sure it gets much better.

What are your favorite Blackhawks moments of the last few years? (In person or not)

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't follow hockey, but I was at the opener this season, it was nuts.

Dirty35

Liked Posts:
I was at a bar watching Game 5 vs. the Preds, and I have to say that was a pretty surreal moment. That game went from being in the bag up 3-1 late in the 2nd, to down 1 with seconds to go, and they end up winning it in dramatic fashion. What a roller coaster ride that was.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
game 5 vs the preds was so fucking crazy..

I was sitting cussing everything out.. then just elated as much as I could be once we won.. omfg

Patriks7

Liked Posts:
One of my favorite moments was last season when we beat the Flames 6-5 in OT after we were down 5-0. At that moment I knew we were in for a special season. There have been other moments as well, but this one just jumped into my head right now (I don't want to be obvious by stating the Cup winning game etc).

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I was at that Flames game! It was amazing.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For myself, there are almost too many to choose from. There was the Kings game in late December of 07, when suddenly, every seat was full and SRO was packed. Talk about a "wtf" moment for someone who is used to having a section to himself.

Yeah, I remember this one. Going from the easy to snag $8 tickets and sitting anywhere to row 17 of 331, with a full SRO section behind us... all quite suddenly.

And they lost that damn game. :turrible: