Feel Sorry For Justin Fields? Or good fit

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Nagy had a lot of influence in the pick. He could have chosen the more cerebral, accurate passer in Jones, but decided the more athletic QB was the one to run his offense.

Makes me think we haven’t even seen the true Nagy offense yet. I’m not going to question it unless it looks like they are trying to force a square peg into a round hole...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think Nagy is a good coach. I also don't think he's had the chance to run his offense with a QB he can develop. I think his GM hasn't done him any favors as well, so if there is a heavier influence from Nagy in this draft*, I suspect we'll think of Fields as a good fit.

* Which also means there is no excuses from Nagy, and that I can change my opinion based on new evidence presented.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay. I've read a few times now about Fields and "cerebral." There's evidence that he's the most cerebral of them all. Please look into things rather than just assuming Jones & Wilson are more cerebral.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"They have a learning efficiency rating on there, so it's basically [about] acquisition -- like how many reps does it take until you get it, until you understand something -- and then your recall. Like, once you have it, can you bring it back and use it, right? That's basically what they're trying to figure out in that part of this test.

"Justin Fields, the guy who supposedly can't go through his reads, doesn't have great work ethic, all this bogus stuff -- he scored the highest. Ever. He scored the highest that they can rank him. He scored a 130 on it. [Patrick] Mahomes was like a 108. Josh Allen was like a 108. Over 100 is good.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Nagy had a lot of influence in the pick. He could have chosen the more cerebral, accurate passer in Jones, but decided the more athletic QB was the one to run his offense.

Makes me think we haven’t even seen the true Nagy offense yet. I’m not going to question it unless it looks like they are trying to force a square peg into a round hole...
If it’s true that Nagys offense is similar to Reid’s, than I think it’s pretty straight forward we haven’t seen his true offense yet. Nagy hasn’t been a good play caller yet but doesn’t mean he can’t change if he finally got the QB he wants.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Good pick but I feel sorry for him because I don't trust the Bears to do what it takes to protect their QB and give him the weapons he needs to win.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If it’s true that Nagys offense is similar to Reid’s, than I think it’s pretty straight forward we haven’t seen his true offense yet. Nagy hasn’t been a good play caller yet but doesn’t mean he can’t change if he finally got the QB he wants.

I thought that was Foles.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Good pick but I feel sorry for him because I don't trust the Bears to do what it takes to protect their QB and give him the weapons he needs to win.

Yeah at this point I'm more skeptical of the Bears' ability to nurture a QB than I am about any inherent problems of the QB

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I thought that was Foles.
it was supposed to be, but the problem with Foles is he is a statue that couldnt avoid pressure.. and started to panic once the pressure came. Combine that with our shitty OL and you get the clusterfuck last year..

Reactions: Myk

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Everyone except Nagy. He's already had his guy and it didn't work.
He even sat better for worse and then stuck with worse for too long (and worse was bitching at him for his stupid plays).
Do you honestly think Nagy thought Foles was their savior and will be their franchise QB? I highly doubt he thought that. He probably expected Foles to be their stop gap QB because he knew Trubisky wasn’t their guy.

Liked Posts:
"They have a learning efficiency rating on there, so it's basically [about] acquisition -- like how many reps does it take until you get it, until you understand something -- and then your recall. Like, once you have it, can you bring it back and use it, right? That's basically what they're trying to figure out in that part of this test.

"Justin Fields, the guy who supposedly can't go through his reads, doesn't have great work ethic, all this bogus stuff -- he scored the highest. Ever. He scored the highest that they can rank him. He scored a 130 on it. [Patrick] Mahomes was like a 108. Josh Allen was like a 108. Over 100 is good.
Mitch's score was probably under 10

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Are there people who actually thought Foles was going to be riding in on a white horse to save the day?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Do you honestly think Nagy thought Foles was their savior and will be their franchise QB? I highly doubt he thought that. He probably expected Foles to be their stop gap QB because he knew Trubisky wasn’t their guy.

I highly doubt he would try to spin the next washed up vet career backup as the guy if he didn't believe it. I don't recall such glowing reviews of Chase, he was spun as a competent backup for the system.
I highly doubt Trubisky gets benched at the point in the season he got benched if Nagy didn't think Foles was going to come in and be great.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was watching Good Morning Football or some shit this am and they were talking about the QB/WR/RB duos who played together in college and will reunite in the pros.

Lawerence/Eitenne
Burrow/Chase
Hurts/Smith

But didn’t even mention Fields/Ridley… I feel disrespected.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I was watching Good Morning Football or some shit this am and they were talking about the QB/WR/RB duos who played together in college and will reunite in the pros.

Lawerence/Eitenne
Burrow/Chase
Hurts/Smith

But didn’t even mention Fields/Ridley… I feel disrespected.
In fairness I don't think many realize that Riley Ridley is even in the league still.