Feel Sorry For Justin Fields? Or good fit

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
is ability to learn the same brain function as processing speed? also Trubisky if I'm not mistaken had a higher score on the Wonderlic than Mahomes, I think for QB's a specific test is needed about processing speed

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I highly doubt he would try to spin the next washed up vet career backup as the guy if he didn't believe it. I don't recall such glowing reviews of Chase, he was spun as a competent backup for the system.
I highly doubt Trubisky gets benched at the point in the season he got benched if Nagy didn't think Foles was going to come in and be great.
Or maybe Nagy didn’t think Trubisky was playing well so he benched him for Foles.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think Nagy is a good coach. I also don't think he's had the chance to run his offense with a QB he can develop. I think his GM hasn't done him any favors as well, so if there is a heavier influence from Nagy in this draft*, I suspect we'll think of Fields as a good fit.

* Which also means there is no excuses from Nagy, and that I can change my opinion based on new evidence presented.
Good man good man.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Or maybe Nagy didn’t think Trubisky was playing well so he benched him for Foles.

Knowing he would be worse??? 2-0 looking to go 2-1 midgame is when you bring in your guy because the other one isn't showing off your genius. It's not when you bring in the SOS or try it just to see how it goes. You bring in the guy you know is the SOS when you're down 0-2.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Knowing he would be worse??? 2-0 looking to go 2-1 midgame is when you bring in your guy because the other one isn't showing off your genius. It's not when you bring in the SOS or try it just to see how it goes. You bring in the guy you know is the SOS when you're down 0-2.
Trubisky was not playing well when he got benched. They snuck away with a couple lucky W’s but that’s part of the game. I don’t think Nagy “knew” Foles was going to be worse.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Trubisky was not playing well when he got benched. They snuck away with a couple lucky W’s but that’s part of the game. I don’t think Nagy “knew” Foles was going to be worse.

That is the problem. Nagy has had 3 of his guys on the Bears and besides him saying they were his actions show he thought they would be.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

No long term memory? Nagy came in saying how Trubisky was his guy. Chase was his guy. Foles was his guy.
You have imagined that secretly Foles wasn't his guy, although his actions with all of them shows that he was a believer that they were his guys.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Nagy had a lot of influence in the pick. He could have chosen the more cerebral, accurate passer in Jones, but decided the more athletic QB was the one to run his offense.

Makes me think we haven’t even seen the true Nagy offense yet. I’m not going to question it unless it looks like they are trying to force a square peg into a round hole...
Mitch was a good athlete but nagy never used that to his advantage i think we have seen the true nagy offense and it sucks. Fields is a good pick though.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No long term memory? Nagy came in saying how Trubisky was his guy. Chase was his guy. Foles was his guy.
You have imagined that secretly Foles wasn't his guy, although his actions with all of them shows that he was a believer that they were his guys.
You have imagined that the HC saying a player “is his guy” somehow means a lot more than a HC talking up and refusing to disrespect a player on his team.

All those QBs were the best they could bring in given the situation. It wasn’t like Nagy had his choice from the entire league, and chose those guys. He was having to choose out of the slim pickings that were available.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Just because a HC says a player is his guy, doesn’t mean that he’s the long term answer. There are many meaning to the phrase “My guy”.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
You have imagined that the HC saying a player “is his guy” somehow means a lot more than a HC talking up and refusing to disrespect a player on his team.

All those QBs were the best they could bring in given the situation. It wasn’t like Nagy had his choice from the entire league, and chose those guys. He was having to choose out of the slim pickings that were available.

What? You mean when you say something and then what you do shows that you believed what you said means you didn't mean it? That's odd.
Generally when I don't mean something I don't say it and I try to soften the blow with other platitudes and I definitely don't do stuff that says I believed the crap I spewed.

Guess what, Fields isn't their choice out of the whole league either. Nobody ever gets that choice so if that's your requirement don't pull the "his guy" BS with anyone. All players are just the best ones they could get out of who is available.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Of course he said those things lol. It's called coach speak for a reason.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I dont think he really meant it when it came to Mitchell Trubisky though.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So basically it's all BS and we get to pick and choose whatever we want to believe. And to even make it worse, besides the team politics BS we have Chicago reporters making stuff up to believe or not believe.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
So basically it's all BS and we get to pick and choose whatever we want to believe. And to even make it worse, besides the team politics BS we have Chicago reporters making stuff up to believe or not believe.
You are rarely going to see coaches speak negetively about their players.
Their job is to motivate their players. If the head coach has a shity QB and no other options of course he is going to support him and try to build up his confidence. He has no other choice. Do you not see this?

Basically yes your statement is right. As with everything else in life you have to use your own critical thinking and read between the lines.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Good pick but I feel sorry for him because I don't trust the Bears to do what it takes to protect their QB and give him the weapons he needs to win.

:speechless: