Feeling good about Jeremy Langford every time I watch him

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I miss Forte and lament he was replaced by the clown car amalgamation of running backs

ct-matt-forte-knee-injury-spt-1103-20151102

You miss him? He's a Jet now!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
we lost that game, right?

yes...forte with the fumble that gave the panthers the GW score too. LOL at the Slauson comment too.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice job missing the block Marty.

Slauson looked pretty athletic out there, btw.

Nice catch, Gus. What an absolutely pathetic display by "Marty." Fuck that dude.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Forte > faceless, meatball running back by committee

FootballYogi

Liked Posts:
Forte > faceless, meatball running back by committee

Wow, I remember you from the old days... barring injuries (although Forte is most likely to be the one injured) you're gonna eat crow for this comment at the end of the season. I said it the moment we let 22 go - Langford/Carey/Howard > Forte. I mean c'mon, we cannot afford Forte's inability to get the 3rd or 4th & 1/goalline yards. It was time for a change and I feel we'll all be pleasantly surprised at the yungens this year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow, I remember you from the old days... barring injuries (although Forte is most likely to be the one injured) you're gonna eat crow for this comment at the end of the season. I said it the moment we let 22 go - Langford/Carey/Howard > Forte. I mean c'mon, we cannot afford Forte's inability to get the 3rd or 4th & 1/goalline yards. It was time for a change and I feel we'll all be pleasantly surprised at the yungens this year.

Forte will outgain whoever the top two running backs that the Bears trot out this year.

pepethebear

Liked Posts:
Fox likes his running back tandems. I think Langford and Howard have a decent shot at being pretty good for that. Langford is quick and shifty. Howard runs with good power and decisiveness.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think Langford is going to be a decent RB this year. Not quite as good as Forte ... maybe not quite the home run ability that Forte had. But I think Langford will be sufficient.

Wat? Forte hasn't had homerun ability in quite some time and Langford has it in spades.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte will outgain whoever the top two running backs that the Bears trot out this year.

Don't let your mouth write checks your ass can't cash......

Do the Bears have to literally trot them out? Can they run or walk?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Slauson looked pretty athletic out there, btw.

You talking about Slauson or Brian DLP? Because all I see Slauson do is push a defender into the backfield and then be unable to catch up to the rest of the play. I do see BDLP and Long leading the way on that play though.

FootballYogi

Liked Posts:

Individual player comparisons, especially RBs, on different teams, with different OLines, in different systems... is useless. What I can tell you is that our boys now have more POP in them than ol Matt. They got hunger and chips on their shoulders with something to prove. Forte, bless his Navy & Orange 22 jersey, has busted shoulders that never pummeled ANYONE back into the end zone for a score. He muscled thru some injuries and was the consummate pro, but we need speed (Langford), fire & pop (Carey), and a hammer (Howard).

I'll keep my eye on Forte, but if he outgains them cuz of "garbage" yards from dump passes, who cares... we need a running attack with a balanced play-action passing game!!! Not "Forte all day" that didnt win us much.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You talking about Slauson or Brian DLP? Because all I see Slauson do is push a defender into the backfield and then be unable to catch up to the rest of the play. I do see BDLP and Long leading the way on that play though.

I think he was being sarcastic. Also BDLP, missed his block up the field.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh. If Fox gets this team set up how he wants in, the HB will be plug and play. Solid, consistent production from nameless one cut runners.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Meh. If Fox gets this team set up how he wants in, the HB will be plug and play. Solid, consistent production from nameless one cut runners.

The RBs still have to pick the right hole, know how to block on passing downs, and catch the damn ball. Forte knew how to do all three consistently. I'm still pissed about Langford dropping the ball right on his hands on a 4th down play that could've extended the last drive of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.