Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In general, Rose is not a strong finisher... layup attempts are too strong w/high levels of difficulty and he misses them.
Well he did get mugged the rim a lot which lowers his percentages. It always seems like he makes most of his layups...or at least he did in his MVP season.

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Russell Westbrook

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Derrick Rose

I guess he's a bit worse than Westbrook, but Westbrook actually got to the line a few more times. But I guess statistically you're right. Rose isn't quite as good as everyone else you'd think of (Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc) as being good finishers. The turnover thing is a little misleading though...all players who handle the ball as much as he does are bound to be up near 3 TOs per game. Steve Nash was up there in his prime as well and I don't think anyone was complaining about him. Sure Rose doesn't get as many assists, but still...

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Well he did get mugged the rim a lot which lowers his percentages. It always seems like he makes most of his layups...or at least he did in his MVP season.

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Russell Westbrook

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Derrick Rose

I guess he's a bit worse than Westbrook, but Westbrook actually got to the line a few more times. But I guess statistically you're right. Rose isn't quite as good as everyone else you'd think of (Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc) as being good finishers. The turnover thing is a little misleading though...all players who handle the ball as much as he does are bound to be up near 3 TOs per game. Steve Nash was up there in his prime as well and I don't think anyone was complaining about him. Sure Rose doesn't get as many assists, but still...

Yeah, PGs and SGs have the most turnovers. Rose just gets careless with the ball sometimes, something that should improve as he gets older. As far as the layups go, he just doesn't have a shooters touch.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, PGs and SGs have the most turnovers. Rose just gets careless with the ball sometimes, something that should improve as he gets older.
I guess? To me the TOs are a non issue. They're gonna happen one way or another. I guess currently they're a little more prevalent since he seems to be turning the ball over a lot even in FIBA. He's leading USA in TOs by a fairly large margin. From what I remember, not a lot of those were carelessness more so than just trying to make some tough passes in traffic. Perhaps that counts as carelessness. But yeah he'll get better.

As far as the layups go, he just doesn't have a shooters touch.
[video=youtube;RRbqp0-qeQg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRbqp0-qeQg[/video]

Well he's got some sort of touch sometimes...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Rose converted 60% at the rim his MVP year I wouldn't consider that 'not good'

yeah he does take allot of wild shots and that hurts his % but he's a good finisher or used to be

Rose just sucks right now...no aggressiveness and turns the ball over every time he tries to dribble in traffic....if he sucks like this during the season then we are in trouble

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Rose converted 60% at the rim his MVP year I wouldn't consider that 'not good'

yeah he does take allot of wild shots and that hurts his % but he's a good finisher or used to be

Rose just sucks right now...no aggressiveness and turns the ball over every time he tries to dribble in traffic....if he sucks like this during the season then we are in trouble

Welcome to 2014.

YFC

Liked Posts:

It is good to know that I am not paranoid to be concerned.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I missed the Mexico game entirely...:smh:

Rose sucked again. 0 points, missed all his shots, 4 assists, 3 TOs. Still managed a +7, but obviously not the kind of play we were hoping for. To be fair though, Anthony Davis was only 2/9 for 4 points and Kyrie also scored 4 points with 2 assists. Seems like it was the Steph Curry show as he hit 6 3s for 20 points...was only a matter time before he found his shot. We can only hope Rose can find his.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also interesting is that Team USA only got 6 steals in the game...way below their usual average. Perhaps an indicator of more halfcourt execution? Also Rose played a little over 15 minutes, good for second most off the bench behind Klay Thompson. Kyrie played 24 and I assume this is a result of Kyrie getting the garbage time minutes.

YFC

Liked Posts:
Also interesting is that Team USA only got 6 steals in the game...way below their usual average. Perhaps an indicator of more halfcourt execution? Also Rose played a little over 15 minutes, good for second most off the bench behind Klay Thompson. Kyrie played 24 and I assume this is a result of Kyrie getting the garbage time minutes.

Rose played more garbage time minutes today.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I missed the Mexico game entirely...:smh:

Rose sucked again. 0 points, missed all his shots, 4 assists, 3 TOs. Still managed a +7, but obviously not the kind of play we were hoping for. To be fair though, Anthony Davis was only 2/9 for 4 points and Kyrie also scored 4 points with 2 assists. Seems like it was the Steph Curry show as he hit 6 3s for 20 points...was only a matter time before he found his shot. We can only hope Rose can find his.
I watched a half...Rose lookee aggressive but slow to me. The Mexicans were able to keep pace

Except for Harden, the entire USA team looked sub par

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
lmao

Bw9u774CUAAqJU5.jpg

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lolz announcers calling out Kyrie for not passing the ball

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose misses one of them acrobat layups, but gets his rebound and score.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose goes coast to coast for a layup. That's more like it

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
SO DOES DERRICK ROSE HAVE 55 POINTS YET? HES NOT THE SAME UNTIL HE DOES THAT!