?Fields Injury Update? - ✨️CLEARED TO START VS THE PACKERS✨️ ❕️❗️❕️❗️

Bust

Liked Posts:
I must of missed when the Bears where a playoff team..

Bingo! This is all about long term future success and that's to minimize unneeded shots on the qb when the season is already lost.

I don't know why some posters here get all butt hurt and defensive.

At current <last 8 games> pace. In a 17 game season, Fields would be close to 250 carries as a QB. How is that sustainable? DUH!! Couple that with a Field level ROOKIE coordinator who doesn't notice his qb is hurting.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The Bears started 0-0 and certainly felt they could compete. I know this for a fact because they said as much especially after beating the Niners. You are approaching things from a position of bias as you imagine this is about defending Fields. I have no need to defend Fields. I am explaining the reality of the situation. Whether that leads you to conclude Fields is a bust matters not to me because your opinion has zero impact on reality. You and @Black Rainbow have inflated egos where you think people care whether you defined Fields as a bust or not. You have a subjective opinion which you are entitled to have. My only aim here is to point out that subjective opinion is not consistent with reality.

The reality is Fields felt pressure to win for those guys in the locker room and the reality is having a shitty Defense made that more difficult than it was in 2018 for Trubisky. I deal in hard numbers. The hard numbers are a No 1 scoring defense that also leads the league in turnovers makes a QB's job easier. That is fact. Your subjective opinion on playoff pressure is just that subjective. You have no evidence to back it up beyond "because you said so." What data can you point to? What quotes from Trubisky where he said having a No 1 scoring and takeaway D put more pressure on him not less?

Again you are just making up shit. I am going with the numbers. As a matter of objective fact and math, it is easier to outscore a team if they are being held to 17.7 points per game and your D is forcing 2.2 turnovers vs if they are being held to 24.9 points a game and your D is forcing 1.4 turnovers. There is no subjective opinion in there. I don't need to pretend I know how much pressure Fields or Trubisky feel because of the playoffs. What I can say with 100% certainty is that giving up 24.9 points is worse than 17.7 and forcing 1.4 turnovers is worse than 2.2.

So unless you have some data or evidence beyond "because you said so", there is no reason to continue. I am dealing in objective reality and you are peddling your subjective opinion on playoff pressure.

You are defending Fields, I made the point that Fields still needs to work on his actual QB skills, and pointed out that that year 2 Mitch was much better then year 2 Fields, so its a concern then the guy who wasn't good enough was significantly better then the guy we are hopping solves the QB problem. In your quest to defend Fields you tried making excuses on why Mitch was better.. bringing up the stupid "pressure" argument, which bit you in the ass because all you have done is illustrate that when the games matter and the Bears are actually still in a playoff race (early in the year).. Fields plays like a bust. You once again let your vortex destroy what your original point was trying to do..

And again you are making up a strawman argument in your vortex, I was not comparing the W/L records when I said Mitch played better then Fields, I was looking at what Mitch did statistically as a QB that was better. I brought up the fact that Mitch had 4 times the 300 yard games as Fields had 200 yard games, I made the point on how pathetic it is for a QB in todays NFL to only have 1 game over 200 yards. So you brining up how much harder it is out score teams because of the D and the takeaways is again you just vortexing into an argument that was never made.

You are not dealing with objective reality you are dealing with Vortex reality where you make up arguments against things that was never said.

And Before you come back and vortex into saying I did talk about W/L records, That was only in response to your "pressure" argument and the lack of playoff pressure on a 3-8 team. I dont care about pressure I think it was a completely stupid argument that you tried to make. I care about the fact that Fields is not currently playing at an average QB level right now, I care that Mitch who wasnt good enough was a much better QB when comparing year 2. I care that this year seems to be a bust in the development of Fields when all he has done is develop his running ability.. something that I have been saying all along is not sustainable and he needs to work on being a QB.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Pressure or true competitiveness comes from within. With less help, Fields takes on more responsibility and thereby more pressure to make something happen but fuck pressure. A good pro doesn't buckle under it anyway.
I agree that arguing about pressure is stupid, I said as much in my first reply to Remy when he tried making that point.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree that arguing about pressure is stupid, I said as much in my first reply to Remy when he tried making that point.
He was referring to real pressure from a D, not internal.:rolleyes:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Your vortex will not work here Remy. I know how to defeat it..
Sad to report that nearly 24 hours later, the vortex continues to grow in size. "I know how to defeat it..." - Those were the famous last words uttered by @dbldrew who appears to have become fully consumed by the vortex. Sad scene.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are defending Fields, I made the point that Fields still needs to work on his actual QB skills, and pointed out that that year 2 Mitch was much better then year 2 Fields, so its a concern then the guy who wasn't good enough was significantly better then the guy we are hopping solves the QB problem. In your quest to defend Fields you tried making excuses on why Mitch was better.. bringing up the stupid "pressure" argument, which bit you in the ass because all you have done is illustrate that when the games matter and the Bears are actually still in a playoff race (early in the year).. Fields plays like a bust. You once again let your vortex destroy what your original point was trying to do..

And again you are making up a strawman argument in your vortex, I was not comparing the W/L records when I said Mitch played better then Fields, I was looking at what Mitch did statistically as a QB that was better. I brought up the fact that Mitch had 4 times the 300 yard games as Fields had 200 yard games, I made the point on how pathetic it is for a QB in todays NFL to only have 1 game over 200 yards. So you brining up how much harder it is out score teams because of the D and the takeaways is again you just vortexing into an argument that was never made.

You are not dealing with objective reality you are dealing with Vortex reality where you make up arguments against things that was never said.

And Before you come back and vortex into saying I did talk about W/L records, That was only in response to your "pressure" argument and the lack of playoff pressure on a 3-8 team. I dont care about pressure I think it was a completely stupid argument that you tried to make. I care about the fact that Fields is not currently playing at an average QB level right now, I care that Mitch who wasnt good enough was a much better QB when comparing year 2. I care that this year seems to be a bust in the development of Fields when all he has done is develop his running ability.. something that I have been saying all along is not sustainable and he needs to work on being a QB.

No I pointed out the reality. Here is what I said.
Sorry this fails. Mitch was not good enough because of what happened after 2018 not because of his 2018 season.

Further 2018 Mitch clearly had a better OL and WRs so it isnt a fair comparison not to mention a vastly superior D that took loads of pressure off of him.

1. Your premise was incorrect. People were not really down on Trubisky because of his 2018 season. They were down on him because he regressed afterwards. If he had built off of 2018 then he would have been embraced. So I was actually defending Mitch's 2018 season by pointing out it was a good season and not as you had characterized it. The irony is you were one of those people that loved Mitch's 2018 season which is why you trying to downplay it now is odd.

2. I then pointed out what I consider obvious. The 2018 Bears OL had 3 guys graded 70 or higher with Daniels a 68 and Long a 64. So I don't see an argument for them not being superior to the Bears OL.

3. Likewise, I also then said the D was superior which again is statistically proven.

So my argument is based on facts and data. I never argued Mitch's season was not good or better. I argued your premise was flawed because you were acting like his 2018 was bad and you did not account for the difference in talent level Mitch was playing with relative to Trubisky. Several pages later and you still have not addressed my core argument which is that just blindly comparing stats is not a fair comparison.

You have made no attempts to account for difference in talent as you pretend that Mitch and Trubisky played on identical teams from a talent perspective. That was the core issue. Not that Mitch was bad in 2018 or that Mitch was not statistically better but that Mitch had far more help in generating those stats than Fields has. You damn well know that is true which is why you spent 5-6 pages arguing everything but that. Now if you want to make a case that the 2018 Bears were not more talented then I would love to have that debate. Please back that up with data and facts not opinion.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sad to report that nearly 24 hours later, the vortex continues to grow in size. "I know how to defeat it..." - Those were the famous last words uttered by @dbldrew who appears to have become fully consumed by the vortex. Sad scene.
Right up there with the captain of the Titanic saying, "It's just the tip of the iceberg."

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
as i said the only way to defeat it is to not let him create strawman arguments and keep to what actually was said.. and then 20+ pages later the vortex dies out.. so we have a long way to go before he gives up on the vortex

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

1. Your premise was incorrect. People were not really down on Trubisky because of his 2018 season. They were down on him because he regressed afterwards. If he had built off of 2018 then he would have been embraced. So I was actually defending Mitch's 2018 season by pointing out it was a good season and not as you had characterized it. The irony is you were one of those people that loved Mitch's 2018 season which is why you trying to downplay it now is odd.

2. I then pointed out what I consider obvious. The 2018 Bears OL had 3 guys graded 70 or higher with Daniels a 68 and Long a 64. So I don't see an argument for them not being superior to the Bears OL.

3. Likewise, I also then said the D was superior which again is statistically proven.

So my argument is based on facts and data. I never argued Mitch's season was not good or better. I argued your premise was flawed because you were acting like his 2018 was bad and you did not account for the difference in talent level Mitch was playing with relative to Trubisky. Several pages later and you still have not addressed my core argument which is that just blindly comparing stats is not a fair comparison.

You have made no attempts to account for difference in talent as you pretend that Mitch and Trubisky played on identical teams from a talent perspective. That was the core issue. Not that Mitch was bad in 2018 or that Mitch was not statistically better but that Mitch had far more help in generating those stats than Fields has. You damn well know that is true which is why you spent 5-6 pages arguing everything but that. Now if you want to make a case that the 2018 Bears were not more talented then I would love to have that debate. Please back that up with data and facts not opinion.
more strawman arguments from you again Remy? no surprise there I guess we have a few more days of you trying to change what was said..

My premis was never that people where down on Mitch in 2018.. never said that, never implied that.. Its just another attempted strawman from you because you made a stupid comment about "pressure" and rather then act like a normal human being and admit its kind of stupid talking about that, OR at least let it die down, you go full vortex and try and come up with all this idiotic strawman arguments.

Its OK to just let it go.. every one knows its stupid to talk about "pressure" and who had more or less of it..

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
more strawman arguments from you again Remy? no surprise there I guess we have a few more days of you trying to change what was said..

My premis was never that people where down on Mitch in 2018.. never said that, never implied that.. Its just another attempted strawman from you because you made a stupid comment about "pressure" and rather then act like a normal human being and admit its kind of stupid talking about that, OR at least let it die down, you go full vortex and try and come up with all this idiotic strawman arguments.

Its OK to just let it go.. every one knows its stupid to talk about "pressure" and who had more or less of it..

omg stfu.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He was referring to real pressure from a D, not internal.:rolleyes:
no he wasnt, he was saying Mitch had less "internal" pressure because the Bears D kept the other teams score down so Mitch felt less pressure to score as much.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
no he wasnt, he was saying Mitch had less "internal" pressure because the Bears D kept the other teams score down so Mitch felt less pressure to score as much.

Yes because if the defense holds the opposing team to less points, the offense won't have to score 30+ a game like the Bears have averaged over the last month plus.

What part of this is complicated for you?

Another long ,convoluted, dbl drool vortex meltdown.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

2018 Mitch seemed to have eyes in the back of his head to avoid a rush. How he went from that to sitting duck is baffling and I suspect Nagy had some influence. He didn't deserve a Pro Bowl but you still don't go there if you sucked.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nope.

Yeah his running ability has created more broken plays where guys are wide open. Nothing wrong with that, but that is not an indication that he is really getting better at the things I listed.

We can all agree that Mitch was not good enough right? So if year 2 Mitch was significantly better then year 2 Fields (other then running) that is a concern. I mean Mitch had 4 times the number of 300 yard games then Fields had 200 yard games.

In today's NFL only having 1 game over 200 yards passing is a huge red flag. This is absolutely a wasted year if he does not work on developing his QB skills.
Sorry this fails. Mitch was not good enough because of what happened after 2018 not because of his 2018 season.

Further 2018 Mitch clearly had a better OL and WRs so it isnt a fair comparison not to mention a vastly superior D that took loads of pressure off of him.

You said Mitch was not good enough then referenced his Year 2 being better. I responded that he was not good enough because of what happened after year 2 ie he regressed not because of his year 2. Mitch regressed. His doing so does not say anything at all about whether Fields will or not so your argument is a non-sequitur. You keep making torturous comparisons that make no sense. There are successful QBs who had a better 2nd year than Mitch and successful ones who had a worse year. Nothing you are saying is proof of anything.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Nope.

You said Mitch was not good enough then referenced his Year 2 being better. I responded that he was not good enough because of what happened after year 2 ie he regressed not because of his year 2. Mitch regressed. His doing so does not say anything at all about whether Fields will or not so your argument is a non-sequitur. You keep making torturous comparisons that make no sense. There are successful QBs who had a better 2nd year than Mitch and successful ones who had a worse year. Nothing you are saying is proof of anything.

Yes I said that Mitch was not good enough because he isnt, he is currently a back up QB.. are you trying to now vortex the argument that the 2nd overall pick that is a back up now is "good enough" lol Remy you are something else..

Yes I did say that Mitches 2018 (year 2) was better then Fields year 2.. (because he was)

But what I never said was people where down on Mitch in year 2, You trying to argue a point I never said is a strawman argument.

Again Remy its ok to just say you're wrong and move on here..

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Correct teams adjusted to what Mitch did and it all went downhill because he could not read a D, had accuracy problems deep, and after his injury ran less..

So how is that different then fields? Other then the deep ball accuracy?

And stop with the D took pressure off of Mitch, Mitch was on a playoff caliber team, Fields has no pressure in that regard, also Fields has much better run support.

Fields is not a good passer right now, you can't be throwing for only 150 yards per game, not being able to throw guys open, not understanding what is open in the NFL, not being able to process what he is seeing etc

Again, the only thing that mattered this year was the development of fields. He needs to develop his QB skills not his running back skills. What a complete waste of a year if he doesn't

Do you know what a strawman argument is, or nah?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
as i said the only way to defeat it is to not let him create strawman arguments and keep to what actually was said.. and then 20+ pages later the vortex dies out.. so we have a long way to go before he gives up on the vortex
vortex.jpg

Are we at this stage of the vortex or still too early for it?