Fields will be biggest star in Chicago since D Rose

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I keep hearing the Rose comparisons and I hate them. Don’t put that bad juju on Fields.

How sad would it be Fields came in blazing hot, then got hurt, then flamed out in 3 years and the Bears were sent back to purgatory?

I reckon a better comparison is Kris Bryant

Drafted behind Mark Appel (maybe the Trevor Lawrence of that year), arrived in Chicago with significant expectation that he could be the catalyst, the man to lead the Cubs out of decades of hurt, and actually delivers!!

He's also got a bit of the Anthony Rizzo about him- great guy with an underlying health issue who comes into the city with a little bit of doubt about what he can achieve but turns out to be an absolute baller

Definitely has the feel of a Bryant/Jordan type story, drafted below their true position, and took that chip and made others pay!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Idk...

There were couple guys on the Hawks you could say we're just as big as DRose.....
No.

You're talking about a guy from Chicago, drafted #1 who won ROY and an MVP.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
No.

You're talking about a guy from Chicago, drafted #1 who won ROY and an MVP.
Actually I'm talking about two guys, one who went first overall, won ROY, MVP, and MVP of a Cup winning playoffs and another guy who won a playoff MVP from a Cup winning playoffs.

Both of whom made a second rate sport into a juggernaut in a city that could care less about hockey.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Actually I'm talking about two guys, one who went first overall, won ROY, MVP, and MVP of a Cup winning playoffs and another guy who won a playoff MVP from a Cup winning playoffs.

Both of whom made a second rate sport into a juggernaut in a city that could care less about hockey.
That's great, but I'm still right.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's a QB in Chicago. If he is great enough to be considered a star, he will be way bigger than Rose and some of the great players from secondary teams like the Hawks and both baseball teams.

Rose gets way too much love from Chicago sports fans imo. I think a big part of that is being from the city. But Bulls fans on CCS might remember hearing it here first about what a selfish, shit leader Rose was with his unwillingness to recruit star players. Everyone called me a hater. And guess what, the entire league became all about recruiting and now its driven by it. Another #CALLEDIT for the "hater". Not only that, being too big of a pussy to come back and help your team in the playoffs when medically cleared. The cherry on top, his acting like a toddler, differing to Jimmy and passing up open shots he should have been taking because they were the shots to take. But it was becoming Jimmy's team and the fragile ego of the man-child couldn't handle it.

Give me peak Jimmy Butler over peak Derrick Rose. Jimmy at least worked hard to improve in the areas he was weak in and became a better, more well rounded player. Rose had a money mid-range jumper and lost it because he preferred to chuck missed 3s and was a liability on D.

Fields doesn't need to be Mahomes, Watson or Wilson. If Mahomes is McNabb, Ryan or Allen, it'll be an insult to use Rose in the same breath as him.

Last edited:

Nelly

Liked Posts:
A likable, star QB in Chicago could dwarf almost everyone else in sports. No one gives a fuck about the National Politics and Jacking 3s Association anymore and star players in baseball don't come close to standing up against star quarterbacks in football.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he brings multiple Superbowl wins to town he will be the biggest star in Chicago since Michael Jordan retired.
I have been waiting for another one for 36 years, I am almost 50 years old and have serious doubts I will ever see another in my lifetime. So, if that happens count on it. How do you make an Air Jordan football logo?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's a QB in Chicago. If he is great enough to be considered a star, he will be way bigger than Rose and some of the great players from secondary teams like the Hawks and both baseball teams.

Rose gets way too much love from Chicago sports fans imo. I think a big part of that is being from the city. But Bulls fans on CCS might remember hearing it here first about what a selfish, shit leader Rose was with his unwillingness to recruit star players. Everyone called me a hater. And guess what, the entire league became all about recruiting and now its driven by it. Another #CALLEDIT for the "hater". Not only that, being too big of a pussy to come back and help your team in the playoffs when medically cleared. The cherry on top, his acting like a toddler, differing to Jimmy and passing up open shots he should have been taking because they were the shots to take. But it was becoming Jimmy's team and the fragile ego of the man-child couldn't handle it.

Give me peak Jimmy Butler over peak Derrick Rose. Jimmy at least worked hard to improve in the areas he was weak in and became a better, more well rounded player. Rose had a money mid-range jumper and lost it because he preferred to chuck missed 3s and was a liability on D.

Fields doesn't need to be Mahomes, Watson or Wilson. If Mahomes is McNabb, Ryan or Allen, it'll be an insult to use Rose in the same breath as him.
You seem upset.Rose did recruit other stars, just not publicly and its his body. When he did return he got hurt again.
Now Rose is the Knicks 2-3rd best player sitting in the 4th seed in the East, meanwhile Jimmy is hanging on by a thread in the 7th spot. Speaking of Butler, the dude is a cancer. Cried his way out of Chicago, cried his way Minny and then cried his way out of Philly, constantly pointing the blame at his teammates but never doing shit to overcome anything. Jimmy's biggest achievement is overtaking Iverson's 76ers as the worst team to make it to the finals and it took a pandemic for him to do that

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You seem upset.Rose did recruit other stars, just not publicly and its his body. When he did return he got hurt again.
Now Rose is the Knicks 2-3rd best player sitting in the 4th seed in the East, meanwhile Jimmy is hanging on by a thread in the 7th spot. Speaking of Butler, the dude is a cancer. Cried his way out of Chicago, cried his way Minny and then cried his way out of Philly, constantly pointing the blame at his teammates but never doing shit to overcome anything. Jimmy's biggest achievement is overtaking Iverson's 76ers as the worst team to make it to the finals and it took a pandemic for him to do that
Imagine calling someone upset because they don't share your opinion, all while you say Jimmy cried multiple times. Jimmy as the #1 made an NBA finals but good for Rose being a sidekick and getting to a 4th seed LUUUUUUL

Rose didn't recruit anyone that would question his place as the alpha, which is exactly why he childishly kept passing instead of taking his shot when Jimmy became the man. Yes, its his body and he was being a bitch. Worried more about graduations 15 years from then and the soreness that comes from playing pro sports. Garbage teammate.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imagine calling someone upset because they don't share your opinion, all while you say Jimmy cried multiple times. Jimmy as the #1 made an NBA finals but good for Rose being a sidekick and getting to a 4th seed LUUUUUUL

Rose didn't recruit anyone that would question his place as the alpha, which is exactly why he childishly kept passing instead of taking his shot when Jimmy became the man. Yes, its his body and he was being a bitch. Worried more about graduations 15 years from then and the soreness that comes from playing pro sports. Garbage teammate.
Imagine thinking that the heat were legit in that playoff run when that whole series was trash. Rose actually talked to Lebron, this is literally on Google and you can't be serious calling Rose a garbage teammate when all Butler has done is throw his team under the bus. Spartan give anytime is login back because this sounds like you

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine thinking that the heat were legit in that playoff run when that whole series was trash. Rose actually talked to Lebron, this is literally on Google and you can't be serious calling Rose a garbage teammate when all Butler has done is throw his team under the bus. Spartan give anytime is login back because this sounds like you
Imagine believing Rose recruited him because of some years late, after the fact nonsense. Just admit you're a Rose fanboy who cant handle the truth. This is like @msadows with Mitch the past couple years.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I really hope Fields can become more beloved than a player who completely bailed on his team and city. Jesus...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imagine believing Rose recruited him because of some years late, after the fact nonsense. Just admit you're a Rose fanboy who cant handle the truth. This is like @msadows with Mitch the past couple years.
Again you can look it up,@Spartan , hell its on the ccs now. It's okay to be wrong, buddy.

Also yes, I was a huge Rose fan. Lost interest in the NBA during the Warriors/Cavs finals stranglehold but slowly regained interest

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Again you can look it up,@Spartan , hell its on the ccs now. It's okay to be wrong, buddy.

Also yes, I was a huge Rose fan. Lost interest in the NBA during the Warriors/Cavs finals stranglehold but slowly regained interest
Keep calling me Spartan if it makes you feel better. I prob deserve it, calling out a guy who quit on his team but whatever. I got this thing where i cheer for good teammates who earn their paychecks and play hard. Weird, i know.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no problem with people hating on D Rose....

He burned brightly for a few seasons but was not mentally tough to rise up....