Film Study: Why did Mitchell Trubisky end up a Bust?

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I don't know who this kid is but he points out some of the reasons I had a fourth round grade on trubs. Have I mentioned I had a 4th round grade on Trubisky?

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

Rich Eisen: “Where did it go wrong?”
JJ Stankevitz: “A lot of it is ‘fit’. When the Bears drafted Mitch Trubisky in 2017 it was nowhere near the right fit for him. They had a coach in John Fox who was still trying to save his job, so when Mike Glennon was awful for the first four games of the season, Fox put Mitch in earlier than he should have because he was trying to win some games to keep his job. The structure around Mitch in 2017 was absolutely atrocious. Kendall Wright was their leading receiver that year and was out of the league after that year. He had no one to throw to, and he had no sort of offensive system that was conducive to what he needed. But more than anything, he only started 13 games at North Carolina and needed more time to develop, either behind the scenes, or in a good offensive scheme that could have played to his strengths; which the Bears offense of 2017 did not do at all. Then you get into Matt Nagy’s system and they kind of erase a lot of what happened in 2017, but now you’re starting to see the deficiencies that lie only in Mitch, and his ability to process and his ability to read defenses, not lock onto one receiver, go through his progressions, and make checks at the line. Then 2019 was the year of atrophy with him where things started to go REALLY wrong where his footwork got sloppy, he would miss wide open receivers down the field, and make mind-numbing decisions with the football.”

Bears Insider Details Why Mitch Trubisky Ultimately Failed in Chicago | FOX Sports Radio (iheart.com)

"How to screw up a prospect 101 "

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I think he nails it pretty well. Trubisky's short comings on tape from college make him a good 2nd round pick and a horrible 2nd overall pick.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
4th rounder? He has Bears records for post season yardage replacing Luckman, rookie record for completions, fastest Bear QB to hit 10K yards. Orton, a real 4th also has/had rookie records. How sad of a statement is it of your evaluation and Bears QBs that you think record holding Bear QBs should be 4ths? Now it's you who's reaching. After his career was all said and done Orton was a steal in the 4th round, not that's where he should've been taken.

College football does not show why Trubisky didn't work on the Bears. There is plenty of Bears tape to analyse to actually see why he didn't work and where to place the blame.
Analyzing college film only shows why Pace reached where he shouldn't have. But we already know that because you don't take inexperienced at #2, the risk with experience is high enough.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because he sucks, and the only thing that sucks more than him is this entire organization. :ROFLMAO:

Bust

Liked Posts:
1 year starter, could not beat out Marquise Williams. His college coach knew all along

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Trubs had his short comings....but.... How much do the Bears make him suck?

Cutler was ruined by this organization
just saying

Bust

Liked Posts:
Trubs had his short comings....but.... How much do the Bears make him suck?

Cutler was ruined by this organization
just saying

Before the Bears could even ruin your boy Jay...Cutler went out fresh off the trade in his debut vs GB and promptly threw 10 picks on national tv.

just sayin

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch will be a star in this league. I can tell because of his "almost game winning playoff drive" in 2018, where he almost came back from 3.5 quarters of incompetence.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lets review his last year's college stats;
Comp..................Att........................%..........................Yds.................................Y/A..............Air Y/A............TD.............INT.........Rate

Lots of hindsight bullshit.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
Comp..................Att........................%..........................Yds.................................Y/A..............Air Y/A............TD.............INT.........Rate

Those look like Marquise Williams numbers...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I still say that CUTLER was the cause and effect that pushed the Bears organization to take the "safe" pick over the gun slingers in Watson and Mahomes.

I think Mahomes was so much like Cutler (big arm, gun slinger) that they completely took him off the board.....

Will Trubisky now have the same effect, and will we see the Bears take a chance on a QB at 20 or earlier?

Just a gut feeling, but I think they will try to trade up for one of the dual threat QBs at pick #4, they will get out bid and end up taking a Day 2 developmental QB.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bust or broken?

Their conclusion? Trubisky was a bust regardless of the Bears not doing a good job with him.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
1 year starter, could not beat out Marquise Williams. His college coach knew all along

I've been saying that from the beginning. If you can't beat out Williams just how good are you?

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:

What's your point? That he was a great college QB the one year he played? Lucky he played in the piece of shit ACC where outside of Clemson there wasn't a legit team in that conference that year.

Bust

Liked Posts:
What's your point? That he was a great college QB the one year he played? Lucky he played in the piece of shit ACC where outside of Clemson there wasn't a legit team in that conference that year.

He wasn't even that dominant in college. 5 of those 30 TD's came against college football powerhouse pitt panthers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Point is that you can find anything you want on any college player's film. He was rated highly by those that count for a reason.
Hindsight tells me he was going to be a bust or at least below average wherever he went. BFD!

Reactions: Myk