Film Work: 3 plays from last night's 2nd quarter

Fred

Liked Posts:
Couldn't sleep last night, I was so excited about the win. Let me apologize about the poor quality of the film in advance. I need to get a new cell phone. Watched the game again at 1AM, and posted 3 plays here from last night's 2nd quarter:

http://blog.chicagobullseye.com/

1. The first shows an offensive set that the Bulls should never be in. It's basically an isolation play for Deng, who is matched up against the more athletic Jefferson. The problem here is not Deng...it's the play call. You need to put your players in the best possible position to succeed. One on One is not Deng's strength. The only time this play should be called is when Deng is matched up against a slower 4.

2. Great, hustle play by Deng here. Didn't result in anything, but I LOVE seeing our 3 cut aggressively to the basket for a board. I can't say this enough...Luol was absolutely fantastic on the boards last night. I don't care if he averages 12 points this year...If he keeps attacking the boards like this, he'll be worth every penny of what we paid him.

3. Fantastic double team by Rose. The timing is perfect. He left at the exact second Duncan put the ball on the floor, and I believe Duncan expected the double team from Hinrich, not Rose. Tim turned right into Rose, and Derrick made a nice steal.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Re:Film Work: 3 plays from last night's 2nd quart

Good work Fred. Agree with everything you said in your videos.