Final Bears Mock Draft 2017

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I love the first 2 picks; would be a successful draft with Thomas/Melifonwu alone. Not a fan of trading up for Nathan Peterman in the second rd though, seems a little high for a career backup QB but to each their own.

I'm with Adi that Kaaya is the guy I'd take as a midround QB prospect if that's the plan. You may be able to get him in the 4th, which I think is a steal. Some interesting fliers you have in the rest of the draft whom I'd be pleased with as well.

It's been a journey but draft night is finally here, lets get this thing rolling.

Agreed. The 1st two picks are a win and bolster the Bears defense. However, I don't like trading up for Peterman, and I'm a fan of Peterman. Wait for him and see if he's around in the 3rd, or pick Kaaya or Jerod Evans (my sleeper) in the 4th. I think you must come away with a TE in this draft as well as a CB earlier than the 7th round.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That looks like a pretty likely scenario.

6TNAH-.gif

Speaking about Miami QB Brad Kaaya, an anonymous NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: "It sets me back when the coaches are excited he’s leavin’."
It's a surprising sentiment considering that Kaaya started every game he was on campus and left as the Hurricanes’ all-time leading passer. "He’s a mystery guy," another scout said. "Extremely talented but it looks like he’s got dead eyes. He’s like Carson Palmer. I see a guy who holds the ball. Against Virginia Tech he got sacked eight times. Their offensive line wasn’t that bad." Kaaya led this year's QB class in the Wonderlic with a 34. "Hasn’t run the 40," said a third scout. "Said he had a turf toe at pro day. I get the creeps about that kid. He doesn’t extend a lot of plays and he’s not going to hurt you with creativity." NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Kaaya to Browns second-year QB Cody Kessler.

kayak-pupils.jpg

Mike MCCarthy looking for his next sit for 3 years/becomes franchise QB guy?:thinking:

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
A truly awful draft for mock #147 from you (draft is excellent and deep in cb + te and you wait until r7 to pick a cb and no te?)

However I can absolutely see pace going this route.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So if I become a Packer fan how long before Rodgers has a career ending injury?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Would anyone be opposed to doubling up at safety and going all in on defense 1-4 in a strong defensive draft?

Jamal adams...ss
Marcus williams....fs
Coradelle Tankersley....cb
Jordan Leggett....te
Qb if projects left like kayaa or Dobbs or bpa d or o line

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking about Miami QB Brad Kaaya, an anonymous NFL scout told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: "It sets me back when the coaches are excited he’s leavin’."
It's a surprising sentiment considering that Kaaya started every game he was on campus and left as the Hurricanes’ all-time leading passer. "He’s a mystery guy," another scout said. "Extremely talented but it looks like he’s got dead eyes. He’s like Carson Palmer. I see a guy who holds the ball. Against Virginia Tech he got sacked eight times. Their offensive line wasn’t that bad." Kaaya led this year's QB class in the Wonderlic with a 34. "Hasn’t run the 40," said a third scout. "Said he had a turf toe at pro day. I get the creeps about that kid. He doesn’t extend a lot of plays and he’s not going to hurt you with creativity." NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Kaaya to Browns second-year QB Cody Kessler.

kayak-pupils.jpg

Mike MCCarthy looking for his next sit for 3 years/becomes franchise QB guy?:thinking:

Very possible. When this person said "their offensive line wasn't that bad", I immediately knew he was just shit talking. I posted these in another thread, but this is what Miami's OLine looked like in the 8 sack game...

GynG2o.gif

vSJIcl.gif

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I've seen the Bears LOLine look like that. I've been assured it's all the QB's fault.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Very possible. When this person said "their offensive line wasn't that bad", I immediately knew he was just shit talking. I posted these in another thread, but this is what Miami's OLine looking like in the 8 sack game...

GynG2o.gif

vSJIcl.gif

Michael Vick couldn't have escaped those sacks.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Obi ain't making it past the Seahawks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Thomas DE
Melifonwu S
Smith-Schuster WR
Kayaa QB
Leggett TE

These 5 in the first 4 rounds would be an interesting haul.

jordan757

Liked Posts:
Assuming 9ers don't take Adams....
Perfect draft for me:
3: Adams
36: trade down pick up extra 3rd
Mid 2: Dobbs/Peterman QB
3a: Antonio Garcia OT
3b: hunter dimick DE
4a: Jordan Leggett
4b: best corner on the board

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Assuming 9ers don't take Adams....
Perfect draft for me:
3: Adams
36: trade down pick up extra 3rd
Mid 2: Dobbs/Peterman QB
3a: Antonio Garcia OT
3b: hunter dimick DE
4a: Jordan Leggett
4b: best corner on the board

I am willing to bet Omelette's account that neither Dobbs nor Peterman are 2nd rounders

laputan

Liked Posts:
7 offside penalties last year for Solomon "ability to win with his first step" Thomas

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Thomas DE
Melifonwu S
Smith-Schuster WR
Kayaa QB
Leggett TE

These 5 in the first 4 rounds would be an interesting haul.

This would be great. Four contributors with high potential to be more than that, and 1 developmental QB. Sign me up.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
3:QB MITCH TRUBISKY
36:QB NATHAN PETERMAN
67:QB DAVIS WEBB
111:QB CHAD KELLY
117:QB JEROD EVANS
147:QB C.J. BEATHARD
221:QB ALEK TORGERSEN

And I'm going to keep drafting/ruining QBs until the NFL goes back to a more balanced game.