Finished reading the Jordan Rules

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
I just finished reading the Jordan Rules. It took be twenty days to finish reading it because of work, i mostly read it before bed which I dont recommend since you will not be able to sleep thinking about what happened. I was to young to remember the 90-91 team and I always herd stories but to actually know they were true was very disheartening. The Bulls were such a dysfunctional immature bunch. From their leader MJ all the way down to rookie Scott Williams.

Here is my though on some things:
MJ: wow all he seemed to care about is golfing and gambling. I was shocked that the Bulls did not go up to him and tell him to stop or atleast his farther. He was an immature punk who picked on the mentally weak and only showed respect if you bullied him back.

Phil Jackson: Seemed way to angry at MJ and Pip but couldnt upset them so he took out his fustration on BJ, Horace, Craig, Stacey etc. The guy couldnt even stand up for Tex. I really hate the man with a passion.

Pip: He was afraid about getting hurt and ending up with nothing however Bulls promised him a deal after the season however he didnt believe them and faked an injury. Bulls shut down his holdout fast.

Kukoc: A real pussy in my eyes. He got calls from most everyone on the team to come and visits from JR and JK however he refused to come because his bitch didnt want to come to the US. Looking back on his career he was barley worth all the trouble in scouting and recruiting.

John Paxson and Bill Cartwright: I never saw two horrid vet leaders in my life since Ben Wallace. These vets never stood up for anyone when MJ and Phil were mouthing off except if it was directed at them.

Horace Grant: I never knew he was that good of a player nor did anyone else on the Bulls know that. I am not shocked that he left the way Phil and the rest of the team treated him.

Jerry Reinsdorf: a Man i fell in love with in this book. When Pip held out of practice and he called Pips agent showed what a smart man he really is. I also liked his good cop bad cop routine with Jerry Krause.

All in all i give this book a 9 out of 10. The only reason I didn't give it a ten is because sometimes the book went on with useless info that most us could careless about. My book is now on it way to Illinois to be signed by Mr. Sam Smith himself and it will be a great item to add to my vast collection of Bulls memorabilia.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
and no one posts a response. Shocked. I dont even know why I bother. This site is pathetic.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Sam Smith auto by itself makes it a great item for your collection let alone signing the Jordan Rules.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
I just finished reading the Jordan Rules. It took be twenty days to finish reading it because of work, i mostly read it before bed which I dont recommend since you will not be able to sleep thinking about what happened. I was to young to remember the 90-91 team and I always herd stories but to actually know they were true was very disheartening. The Bulls were such a dysfunctional immature bunch. From their leader MJ all the way down to rookie Scott Williams.

MJ: wow all he seemed to care about is golfing and gambling. I was shocked that the Bulls did not go up to him and tell him to stop or atleast his farther. He was an immature punk who picked on the mentally weak and only showed respect if you bullied him back.

Phil Jackson: Seemed way to angry at MJ and Pip but couldnt upset them so he took out his fustration on BJ, Horace, Craig, Stacey etc. The guy couldnt even stand up for Tex. I really hate the man with a passion.

Pip: He was afraid about getting hurt and ending up with nothing however Bulls promised him a deal after the season however he didnt believe them and faked an injury. Bulls shut down his holdout fast.

Kukoc: A real pussy in my eyes. He got calls from most everyone on the team to come and visits from JR and JK however he refused to come because his bitch didnt want to come to the US. Looking back on his career he was barley worth all the trouble in scouting and recruiting.

John Paxson and Bill Cartwright: I never saw two horrid vet leaders in my life since Ben Wallace. These vets never stood up for anyone when MJ and Phil were mouthing off except if it was directed at them.

Horace Grant: I never knew he was that good of a player nor did anyone else on the Bulls know that. I am not shocked that he left the way Phil and the rest of the team treated him.

Jerry Reinsdorf: a Man i fell in love with in this book. When Pip held out of practice and he called Pips agent showed what a smart man he really is. I also liked his good cop bad cop routine with Jerry Krause.

All in all i give this book a 9 out of 10. The only reason I didn't give it a ten is because sometimes the book went on with useless info that most us could careless about. My book is now on it way to Illinois to be signed by Mr. Sam Smith himself and it will be a great item to add to my vast collection of Bulls memorabilia.

Jesus Christ NewSkool!! You either have not been getting laid, or have too much time on your hands! CHILLAX!!!

Dude, you seem pretty down on just about everyone on this team from this book. They really were a real pathetic bunch....WHO WON CHAMPIONSHIPS! Jesus lord almighty! I read the Jordan Rules and I got a completely different take. A take that there was 1 leader on this Bulls team. 1 guy that everyone else on the team looked up too, but were deathly afraid up. This leader is so great, so competitive and only cares about one thing...winning...whatever he did, he wanted to win. This man (MJ if you didnt realize) knew he was the best player on the team and had been let down by THE MAN (your butt buddy Jerry R), to such a point he did not trust those around him. This book is about him gaining that trust. It is about a team uniting. A team realizing their roles, realizing what each one has to do TO WIN! This is about Men...playing basketball.

Dude, basketball players are people. They have social relationships like we all do. They have the same sort of social clicks and roles and interactions as everyone else. MJ was a superstar. Think for one second what that does to a humanbeing. How can you criticize the charecter of MJ when he WON SIX TITLES. That was his job! His goal! His commitment TO YOU NEWSKOOL! That he would win! He wasn't paid to he your assbuddy, he wasn't paid to hold hands and he wasnt played to massage peoples egos. He was paid TO WIN! And that is EXACTLY WHAT HE DID! Through his anticts and mind games, he brought his teammates to another level!!! HE WON CHAMPIONSHIPS!

I recommend you listening to Chicago Bullseye Episode 21 and 22. We had Sam Smith on the show and we talked about the Jordan Rules. It is a great listen, after reading the book. I feel that you will see thats Sam's interpretation of the book and of that team is very different than yours. Read his articles that he is writing now on Bulls.com, that are a reflective on MJ's career prior to him going into the HOF. Sam saw alot of childish antics when he followed this team around, but bball players were human and MJ's competitive spirit, Phil's mind games and even the bench players ability to understand how they had to work together to not only make the team better, but help RAISE MJ to even another level are all reasons that this team was so great. They were a dysfunctional bunch, but they had what it took at the end of the day, to WIN! Read Wennington's article on Bulls.com, read Toni's, they all now look back and see how MJ's competitive spirit made them and the team all better!!!

UGH! THERE IS NOTHING I HATE MORE THAN PEOPLE WHO DISRESPECT THE 90'S TEAM OR MJ. ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS!!

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
This site is pathetic! I POSTED THIS 5 MINUTES AGO AND NO ONE HAS RESPONDED YET!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
mlewinth wrote:
This site is pathetic! I POSTED THIS 5 MINUTES AGO AND NO ONE HAS RESPONDED YET!
Little bit bored tonight Mark?

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
mlewinth wrote:
Little bit bored tonight Mark?

Very..... actually I am sick, so I have nothing but my tissue, my tylonol and my internet :(

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:

Jesus Christ NewSkool!! You either have not been getting laid, or have too much time on your hands! CHILLAX!!!

Dude, you seem pretty down on just about everyone on this team from this book. They really were a real pathetic bunch....WHO WON CHAMPIONSHIPS! Jesus lord almighty! I read the Jordan Rules and I got a completely different take. A take that there was 1 leader on this Bulls team. 1 guy that everyone else on the team looked up too, but were deathly afraid up. This leader is so great, so competitive and only cares about one thing...winning...whatever he did, he wanted to win. This man (MJ if you didnt realize) knew he was the best player on the team and had been let down by THE MAN (your butt buddy Jerry R), to such a point he did not trust those around him. This book is about him gaining that trust. It is about a team uniting. A team realizing their roles, realizing what each one has to do TO WIN! This is about Men...playing basketball.

Dude, basketball players are people. They have social relationships like we all do. They have the same sort of social clicks and roles and interactions as everyone else. MJ was a superstar. Think for one second what that does to a humanbeing. How can you criticize the charecter of MJ when he WON SIX TITLES. That was his job! His goal! His commitment TO YOU NEWSKOOL! That he would win! He wasn't paid to he your assbuddy, he wasn't paid to hold hands and he wasnt played to massage peoples egos. He was paid TO WIN! And that is EXACTLY WHAT HE DID! Through his anticts and mind games, he brought his teammates to another level!!! HE WON CHAMPIONSHIPS!

I recommend you listening to Chicago Bullseye Episode 21 and 22. We had Sam Smith on the show and we talked about the Jordan Rules. It is a great listen, after reading the book. I feel that you will see thats Sam's interpretation of the book and of that team is very different than yours. Read his articles that he is writing now on Bulls.com, that are a reflective on MJ's career prior to him going into the HOF. Sam saw alot of childish antics when he followed this team around, but bball players were human and MJ's competitive spirit, Phil's mind games and even the bench players ability to understand how they had to work together to not only make the team better, but help RAISE MJ to even another level are all reasons that this team was so great. They were a dysfunctional bunch, but they had what it took at the end of the day, to WIN! Read Wennington's article on Bulls.com, read Toni's, they all now look back and see how MJ's competitive spirit made them and the team all better!!!

UGH! THERE IS NOTHING I HATE MORE THAN PEOPLE WHO DISRESPECT THE 90'S TEAM OR MJ. ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS!!

Well said Mark. Newskool, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask for your choice to be a Bulls fan to be taken back. And it's a damn shame too because you seemed like such a nice kid..maybe a little misguided, but always with good intentions. Real shame. You can pick any other team to root for though. I'd go with the Knicks.(psst...there gonna get Lebron)

The Bulls were a dysfunctional crew, like most great teams were & currently are. You think the Pistons were having cookouts & singing camp songs together? The 2nd 3peat crew was even more dysfunctional! I know you remember that Newskool. Rodman parading around in dresses, kicking cameramen, fights in practice, Jordan's infidelity & gambling, Pip had gun charges one of those years.

Newskool you don't have to like every player, I hated Rodman! But you have to show some respect for what they did for the NBA, the city of Chicago, & the fans...that included you Newskool, though as you say you weren't a fan back then so what would it matter. And you're not from Chicago either.

Riker

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:MJ: wow all he seemed to care about is golfing and gambling. I was shocked that the Bulls did not go up to him and tell him to stop or atleast his farther. He was an immature punk who picked on the mentally weak and only showed respect if you bullied him back.

:laugh:

Newskoolbulls wrote:phil Jackson: Seemed way to angry at MJ and Pip but couldnt upset them so he took out his fustration on BJ, Horace, Craig, Stacey etc. The guy couldnt even stand up for Tex. I really hate the man with a passion.

:laugh: :laugh:

Newskoolbulls wrote:Kukoc: A real pussy in my eyes. He got calls from most everyone on the team to come and visits from JR and JK however he refused to come because his bitch didnt want to come to the US. Looking back on his career he was barley worth all the trouble in scouting and recruiting.

Off yourself, dweeb. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can't believe guys like that exist on the internet.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well said Mark. Newskool, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask for your choice to be a Bulls fan to be taken back. And it's a damn shame too because you seemed like such a nice kid..maybe a little misguided, but always with good intentions. Real shame. You can pick any other team to root for though. I'd go with the Knicks.(psst...there gonna get Lebron)

The Bulls were a dysfunctional crew, like most great teams were & currently are. You think the Pistons were having cookouts & singing camp songs together? The 2nd 3peat crew was even more dysfunctional! I know you remember that Newskool. Rodman parading around in dresses, kicking cameramen, fights in practice, Jordan's infidelity & gambling, Pip had gun charges one of those years.

Newskool you don't have to like every player, I hated Rodman! But you have to show some respect for what they did for the NBA, the city of Chicago, & the fans...that included you Newskool, though as you say you weren't a fan back then so what would it matter. And you're not from Chicago either.

This is a bit overboard, Newskool is a fan NOW, he doesn't have to pay homage to the 1990's if he doesn't want to. A Celtics fan could think that Bill Russell sucked as a basketball player. That is that particular fan's opinions, true or false in other's eyes, its his opinion. When I read the book, I saw that Jordan was a bully. It is obvious that he was a bully. Had I been younger, it would have had a negative effect on me, but I was grown and understood the team dynamic.

After reading the book, I found that there were few innocent parties in the whole getup. I can say that Horace spoke out against Michael several times and really railed against him after going to Orlando. But they didn't have to be buddies, they had to be teammates. I do think Newskool's characterizations were a bit strong. But he is not the only one who looked at Kukoc in an effeminate fashion. Many (especially on my side of town) saw Kukoc the same way. At the end of the day, he was a crucial part of those last three championships, especially in 1998. But to think that in order to be a Bulls fan, you have to buy in to some type of thinking is not right. Its fandom, not a religiosity. There are pessimist, optimists, realists, but they are all fans.

Riker

Liked Posts:
Funny how people buy into that book 100% just because some nobody wrote it in the days when anything with "Jordan" printed on it sold like hot cakes and controversy even more.

Exaggeration deluxe is basically the best way to describe that crap gossip book.

However, if you dedicate yourself to investigate players private life - that will not be a good look for you in the long run.

Why? Because those guys are mothereffing athletes, everything outside the gametime court is none of your business whatsoever.

But maybe some girls actually want to know what blade did Jordan use when shaving and how exactly rude was he against Phil Jackson while at the same time current NBA players are nothing but

- respect for coaches
- good on court and off court manners
- sportstmanship
- etc.

Yeah.

Shut up.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't call Sam Smith "some nobody". One of the best, and well informed people in basketball journalism, easily. The book cannot be refuted, nor has it been. Jordan was not upset with Smith for because the book propogated lies, he was upset with Smith because he exposed the truth. Never really dealt with Sam after that, at all. But Smith is credible.

Newskool's reaction to the book is different, radically, from my own but that is his reaction.

I just read what Newskool said about Kukoc. Kukoc was a good player, Newskool's opinion was over the top, but its his opinion.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

This is a bit overboard, Newskool is a fan NOW, he doesn't have to pay homage to the 1990's if he doesn't want to. A Celtics fan could think that Bill Russell sucked as a basketball player. That is that particular fan's opinions, true or false in other's eyes, its his opinion. When I read the book, I saw that Jordan was a bully. It is obvious that he was a bully. Had I been younger, it would have had a negative effect on me, but I was grown and understood the team dynamic.

After reading the book, I found that there were few innocent parties in the whole getup. I can say that Horace spoke out against Michael several times and really railed against him after going to Orlando. But they didn't have to be buddies, they had to be teammates. I do think Newskool's characterizations were a bit strong. But he is not the only one who looked at Kukoc in an effeminate fashion. Many (especially on my side of town) saw Kukoc the same way. At the end of the day, he was a crucial part of those last three championships, especially in 1998. But to think that in order to be a Bulls fan, you have to buy in to some type of thinking is not right. Its fandom, not a religiosity. There are pessimist, optimists, realists, but they are all fans.

I'm just wondering Hou do you even have a sense of humor? I obviously was being facetious about him not being able to be a fan anymore. Newskool was having a hissy fit, & obviously was trying to be controversial to spark some discussion on this board, so I was cracking a lil joke at his expense. Hou you gotta stop taking life so seriously, you won't last long.

As for not having to pay homage to players past & championship teams of the past, I think that's just dumb & goes against everything a die-hard fan stands for. Every fan I've ever met, that are die-hards like all us here, pays homage to players & teams of the past. I never saw Love, Sloan, or Van Lier play but I still respect what they did for the organization & how they put Chicago on the map in the NBA.

And seriously, a fan who doesn't respect the GOAT, who won 6 championships for his/her favorite team, I don't think it's totally overboard to no longer consider them a "true fan", joke or no joke.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
[/quote]

I'm just wondering Hou do you even have a sense of humor? I obviously was being facetious about him not being able to be a fan anymore. Newskool was having a hissy fit, & obviously was trying to be controversial to spark some discussion on this board, so I was cracking a lil joke at his expense. Hou you gotta stop taking life so seriously, you won't last long.

As for not having to pay homage to players past & championship teams of the past, I think that's just dumb & goes against everything a die-hard fan stands for. Every fan I've ever met, that are die-hards like all us here, pays homage to players & teams of the past. I never saw Love, Sloan, or Van Lier play but I still respect what they did for the organization & how they put Chicago on the map in the NBA.

And seriously, a fan who doesn't respect the GOAT, who won 6 championships for his/her favorite team, I don't think it's totally overboard to no longer consider them a "true fan", joke or no joke.[/quote]

Though Diddy is a bit hostile in his response, I do have to kind of agree with him and you Hou. Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, how can you be a die hard Bulls fan and not want to lick the lint out of the toes of any member of those 6 championship Bulls teams. I would be happy if the Bulls win another 1-2 championships in my LIFETIME from here on out, that team won six in 10 years! I am on this forum and doing my podcast, and tattoing my body with bulls symbols and a die hard fan of this team becuase of that team. They laid the foundation for all that is BULLS. Now you can hate on that team and still love the Bulls....I guess.....HOWEVER, those that do that need to get their head checked!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
It is hard to tell when a person is joking and when they are serious on this site or anywhere that text is used. Which is why I ask questions like "you are joking right?".

If I don't last long, it won't be because of lack of sense of humor, it will be the result of high cholesterol.

Bulls fans should pay homage, but some might not for whatever reason like every player on those teams or even respect their accomplishments. I still know people who don't care much for Kukoc. I loved Kukoc from day one. Some Bulls fans believe Pippen is overrated, nothing wrong with them feeling that way. That was my point, respecting what they accomplished is a given. The league has had what, 3 real dynasties in its existence, the Bulls of the 1990's was one of them. I just think if people are structured in their thinking and how they should feel, conversation becomes boring concerning the subject. Even the conversation about the GOAT is interesting, some think Jordan is not that guy. Interesting conversation with diverse views is what makes this site enjoyable to visit.