Finnegan vs Johnson

chs234

Liked Posts:
Those of you saying Finnegan "won" this b/c it got Johnson off the field which was a clear win for Tennessee...you know the fight happened halfway through the 4th quarter...w/ the Texans up 3 scores...and driving...right? Finnegan is just a punk...got smacked down...I'm amazed his teammates didn't continue beating the shit out of him.

Exactly.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I will not watch a hockey game because hockey blows. Thanks for the offer though.

That was the closest thing to a fight the NFL has had in a while, and Johnson beat his ass.

Why wouldn't Cortland be suspended? He initiated/provoked the fight and like you said, threw his helmet off. Regardless of him throwing a punch or not, he was involved in the fight. Therefore, he should be suspended along with Johnson.

They both got tossed from the game, and his team was getting hammered when they got tossed. Finnegan might be smart, but what it looks like in this case is he was being a sore loser, and decided to go ahead and piss off the best wideout in the NFL.
tool ftw

I am not going to continue to argue, clearly you're an idiot.

winnar

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want to see how the league handles this. Corland suspended and fine, AJ just fined. That's what I think it should be.

Last edited:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
1. That was not an actual fight, 3 punches landed. Watch a Hockey game if you want to see an actual fight during a team sports event.

Few things:

1) men awkwardly twirling around on a big sheet of ice grappling at eachother's jerseys and perhaps once in awhile landing a glancing blow to their opponent's ear is not what I would call "an actual fight".

2) This is exactly why for me, hockey will always be a barbaric and archaic sport for dullards that isn't worth my time.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Few things:

1) men awkwardly twirling around on a big sheet of ice grappling at eachother's jerseys and perhaps once in awhile landing a glancing blow to their opponent's ear is not what I would call "an actual fight".

2) This is exactly why for me, hockey will always be a barbaric and archaic sport for dullards that isn't worth my time.

If it's not an actual fight and they are awkwardly twirling around, how is that barbaric and archaic? Also the second they aren't squared up, it's stopped immediately.

Im not a hockey sympathizer at all but just figured I'd that that out.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
If it's not an actual fight and they are awkwardly twirling around, how is that barbaric and archaic? Also the second they aren't squared up, it's stopped immediately.

Im not a hockey sympathizer at all but just figured I'd that that out.

1) It was a bit of a hyperbole, Rush.

2) However good or bad the fights "actually" are, they are a mainstay of the sport, one which has absolutely nothing to do with winning games or even scoring goals (that's how they still count these things, right?). And at best, any argument of "well because of fighting this and that happens, which can lead to more of them" paints the practice as, again at best, a tertiary component of goal-scoring, and thus not worth the praise and highlighting it receives.