1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
OK, the 2 qualifying rounds are over. Our 3rd round, 1st of the main tournament, game is today. The Chicago Fire Premier is also in the tournament. If we both win the next two rounds, the Fire will have to face their own Premier team in the Semifinals.

Bracket:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_U.S._Open_Cup#Open_Cup_Bracket

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is the first year ive heard about this and, it says the Sounders are the two time defending champions, and isnt this their 2nd major league season? Idk how i feel abou this tournament? Is it gonna be the starters for the Fire or the bench players?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
this is the first year ive heard about this and, it says the Sounders are the two time defending champions, and isnt this their 2nd major league season? Idk how i feel abou this tournament? Is it gonna be the starters for the Fire or the bench players?

Starters.

The 3 major championships in MLS are the U.S. Open Cup (which also involves minor league and amateur teams), Supporters' Shield (best record, so basically the championship in most other countries), and the MLS Cup (playoff champion).

The Fire have 4 U.S. Open Cups, most in the MLS.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Fire will face FC New York or the New York Red Bulls! We beat Rochester!

tonyni

Liked Posts:
Starters.

The 3 major championships in MLS are the U.S. Open Cup (which also involves minor league and amateur teams), Supporters' Shield (best record, so basically the championship in most other countries), and the MLS Cup (playoff champion).

The Fire have 4 U.S. Open Cups, most in the MLS.

The U.S. Open Cup is the oldest tournament in the US, started in 1914. The Fire have the second most Open Cup titles, with 4, second to Bethlehem Steel and Maccabi Los Angeles, who have 5.

Last year, the team kinda blew off the cup, but with Klopas in charge this year, there's no way in hell thats happening, plus, with the way the MLS Cup is going this year, this tournament becomes more and more important, as if it wasn't already.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCEXEgS4ze0]YouTube - ‪US Open Cup Final: Columbus Crew at Chicago Fire 10/30/1998‬‏[/ame]

chi_g_fire_300.jpg

09_27_06_ChicagoFire_USOpen.jpg

Fire_OpenCup_009-2.jpg

Next game is Tuesday, July 12th at Toyota Park vs NYRB. Beer Bus tickets through Section 8 Chicago are just $5! Get your asses out to the park!
BEER BUSES: Chicago FIRE vs NYRB - OPEN CUP Tickets in Bridgeview, IL, United States