Fire Pace

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace or Nagy wont be fired.

Lets say 12-4 never happened, or this is the first year starting 4-6 under Nags. I think most would agree that a one and done would be unrealistic, and that everyone would get a second year. So its hard to expect an FO that has some cachet by dominating their division last season to get canned, despite how alarming it is (for a young team) to regress this badly on offense. Focus will instead be put on "what went wrong" and how to emphasize on strengths while slowly addressing weaknesses/development.

The experience excuse in '20 will be out the window for Mitch, and Chase will be dumped for legit competition. Nagy may get a new run-oriented OC to complement his passing attack, but still expect him to retain playcalling duties.

With the '21 picks most likely being untouchable, Pace may be aggressive with the pair of 2nd rd picks to move up for an immediate starter, with my guess being LT, kicking Leno inside to LG and once again swapping Daniels back to center. Bears should also move on from Burton and address TE in FA.

Eh Trestman was canned after 2 years because he lost the team. Nagy is dangerously close to those waters. He has completely mismanaged the offense from the guys he signed (Burton, Gabriel) to the guys he let go (Howard), to the OL he neglected, to the QB who he had throwing 50 times when he was struggling. To the backup QB that sucks and on and on. Rolling with Chase not because he is good but because he knows the offense is quite fucking stupid. Nothing he has done on O suggests he is in control or knows how to fix things.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh Trestman was canned after 2 years because he lost the team. Nagy is dangerously close to those waters. He has completely mismanaged the offense from the guys he signed (Burton, Gabriel) to the guys he let go (Howard), to the OL he neglected, to the QB who he had throwing 50 times when he was struggling. To the backup QB that sucks and on and on. Rolling with Chase not because he is good but because he knows the offense is quite fucking stupid. Nothing he has done on O suggests he is in control or knows how to fix things.
Virginia doesn't have time to be patient, she wants to see another SB trophy. Will she tell George to drop the hammer?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
20 mil in the grand scheme of things for the Mccaskey family isn't all that much considering the teams valuation. Still would be shocking if they made that move though.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I beleive I called Ryan Pace a fucking idiot the first day he was hired. Pace apologists, Windy City and 95% of the clowns here said I was wrong.

Who is wrong now

A broken clock is still right twice a day. Blind squirrel gets the occasional nut.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
I have a dream.. A dream in which on the Monday after the regular season is over George McCaskey steps to the podium and tells us that Viriginia is pissed and the Firing begin.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is gross negligence not a valid reason to void a contract?

Virginia should send some hookers over to Pace and and Nagy's place and then void it under morals clause.

We're going to need a picture of some dude wearing a visor and blackface.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
As long as sweaty Teddy runs this team the Bears will be a joke.

He's throwing darts at a dartboard to make his decisions cause he that clueless about football.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll tell you what...

I will agree to keep Pace with the Bears 2-3 more years on a single condition...

The Next time the Bears trade up at the cost of picks Virginia appears on the spot wearing a Donald Trump wig, and says she is going to make the pick for the Bears.

Surely Goodell would proudly introduce her with surprise, give a hug and the stage would be showered with applause.

She would adjust her wig and say "Ryan Pace YOU ARE FIRED!!! (Virginia rips up the card she is holding)...And with the 31st pick of the 1st round, the Bears select "Tua Tallavoia" (dear lord spelling why do you betray me)

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I would be interested, sort of, to see whether a home loss to the Giants moves the needle at all in terms of someone getting fired.

Then we have Lions away in front of a national audience, Cowboys and Chiefs are also on national TV at this stage I believe? Plus potentially humiliating losses away to the Packers and the Vikings.

I think people are underestimating just how bad this could get.

They could lose out.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
And if we go 4-12 what is the raiders pick going to be...
Does it matter? It's not the Bears pick either way. Hopefully the Raiders and the Bears keep losing so the Bears can improve on both second rounders.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Does it matter? It's not the Bears pick either way. Hopefully the Raiders and the Bears keep losing so the Bears can improve on both second rounders.
The Raiders are looking like a good team with a chance to make the playoffs. They will be in first place with a Chiefs loss.