Five Things Bears Must Improve This Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I have a B.A. in History. Big 'Effing Deal

I think the McCaskey's, more than any other franchise owners in sports, rely too much on their team's past in the way they dictate hiring in order to please meatball fans. That is why Lovie Smith said in his initial press conference that the first goal was to beat the Packers.

Fuck that shit. I don't care if the Bears lose both games to the Packers as long as they go 14-2.

Winning isn't everything to everyone in the world. Works well for you as a reason to like the Bears but it doesn't make it.

If it's what you feel why would you care to other peoples talk being sick and tired of hearing it.:dealwithit:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Winning isn't everything to everyone in the world. Works well for you as a reason to like the Bears but it doesn't make it.

If it's what you feel why would you care to other peoples talk being sick and tired of hearing it.:dealwithit:
Aside from the fact that I'm not sure what language that last sentence was written in, a couple of things....

1. It's professional sports. What else is there besides winning (Lebron example from last night not welcomed)
2. You commented, so I posted.
3. Ron Turner (the mid 90's version), Gary Crowten, and Terry Shea were all reputable offensive coaches.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They were never at all reputable OCs in the NFL. Never highly touted since neither were ever an NFL OC prior to their hire by the Bears nor ever again with Ron Turner's second Bears hire the exemption. Ditka was at least an assistant head coach for numerous NFL seasons. Growten at least was a QB's coach but only that.

I didn't say not comment, I'm saying about the reason of caring.

Too fans, winning doesn't have to be everything. Most people say so but that really isn't the end all. It's the goal but the end game isn't everything. Experiences can carry on more in a lifetime.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They were never at all reputable OCs in the NFL. Never highly touted since neither were ever an NFL OC prior to their hire by the Bears nor ever again with Ron Turner's second Bears hire the exemption. Ditka was at least an assistant head coach for numerous NFL seasons. Growten at least was a QB's coach but only that.
Shea was a QB coach as well, and actually I always thought Shea got a bad rap. I think his offensive would have done well* with Grossman. His only problem was he thought he could make something out of Jonathan Quinn.

* By saying 'done well' I, in no means whatsoever, think the Bears offense would have been world beaters. However, I do think they would have been a much better team had Grossman stayed healthy.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I agree, I do believe Terry Shea was the best of the bunch. He has gone good in his jobs but what did he has at QB or OL or WR? Nothing. He had TJ and that was all he got 900 yards rushing and was their leading receiver. Oh wait actually I messed that up, Shea was the QB coach one, I got their history mixed up.

They've been sticking to it. I'm not saying it's right they've had that mentality. It's gotten them 3 good seasons in the time since Ditka was fired.

I've never felt winning is everything but maybe that's a byproduct of growing up close to the everyone gets a trophy nobody losses era of raising kids to sports. At least I got nothing from baseball but I do have a phoney MVP basketball trophey. I was the 4th worse kid on the team, bs, but I think only our team coaches got them for us since we wont the championship... Life story alert.. THAT NEEDS TO BE AN ADDED SIMILE!

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Given our personnel, I'd rather they have chosen Shea over Martz.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
FWIW, I'm 5 years older than you and I never got a trophy just for competing.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
John Shoop was forgotten by me though. He did have 3 years with Carolina OC'ing. All ranked in the mid 20's though. He had a few years after it before he is now in UNC. I thought it was Shea in UNC I was wrong.

Lovie wanted Shea because he was supposed to have an explosive offense like Martz originally but I'm still curious who was the decision holder on that just 1 year blow up.

It's so the product of the late 90's. It wasn't even relevant in my day, Nowadays like 2000's on it's in kids I see like my friends siblings and everywhere in my towns youth leagues. BUT Winning not being the end goal is the change. I had neiboors and my older brother who only went out to eat when the team won or played close to winning, that's not how my leagues worked.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
John Shoop was forgotten by me though. He did have 3 years with Carolina OC'ing. All ranked in the mid 20's though. He had a few years after it before he is now in UNC. I thought it was Shea in UNC I was wrong.

Lovie wanted Shea because he was supposed to have an explosive offense like Martz originally but I'm still curious who was the decision holder on that just 1 year blow up.
John Shoop should always be cursed. Please don't use his name in my presences again without preceding it with 'The Dickless' John Shoop.

Lovie wanted a lot of input on coaching staff/draft picks. I think after what happened with Shea/Dan Bauzin Angelo took that away from him.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
No Dan Bauzin was JA's pick. Michael Okwo was the pick that was pure Lovie's desire. Also Adam Archuletta.

They need to improve not just letting players drafted do nothing! 6

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
First off how did this go from Five Things Bears Must Improve This Season to this player or that player in past did. 1,3 and 5 all fall back on 1 if the O line can protect Cutler then Forte and the WR should do just great.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I am 28 years old. I was 3 years old when the Bears won the Super Bowl. I can't remember a single time in which I saw Walter Payton carry the ball other than it being a video tape or DVD. For the majority of my lifetime, the Bears have been mired in mediocrity.

Even still, I am a fan.......but I don't give a shit about how tough Dick Butkus was. Or how great Gayle Sayers was. It means nothing to me as a 28 year old Bears fan who wants this team to succeed.

I'm sorry, but this regaling of the past greats that wore the Bears jersey is tiresome to me. Even Payton for the most part. Sure, he was probably the best player ever in the NFL. I just don't remember him.

I'd rather see the Bears get the next greatest player in the NFL than try to hold onto something in the past.

I know what your saying but try to understand two things with out these great players there wouldn't be the Chicago Bears as we know them. Also it is disheartening to hear a fan say they don't care about great players of the past I had the pleasure of playing opposite and meeting the Water Payton as well as Dick Butkus they we both great players and two of the finest men you could ever meet. I never got to meet Gayle Sayers but from what I heard he was one of finest men to ever grace any football field let alone the Chicago Bears.

But like I said I understand and hope the Bears can fine some great players for you younger fan to be able to feel the way some of us older fan about our HOF players. Don't get me wrong we have couple on defense but man let me say this when the offense can out score opponents week after week it a thing of beauty and that is what has been missing from the Bears for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.