Fixing the WR position

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's threads like these that actually make thus forum literally great for football talk and even more relevantly specifically bears chat unlike the FAKE NEWS of thread starting posters like TEDDY KGB and the calling out postings by GMONEY1984, these actually make the site worth coming to along with the frequent mock drafting threads by windycity and also the pre-game informational threads by "Gustavus Adolph" and if it weren't for these I would just do Reddit and forget about it. Thank you Adipost for posting these and keep up the good work, please and Gosh bless you.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pace needs to bring in 4 new WRs. He needs depth. I think he goes all in with FAs, Draft and Offensive DC.

Landry
Watkins
Richardson
Draft pick

Resign Inman
Merideth healthy

Bring in another TE
Graham or Eifert.
Shaheen
Simms

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Not sure about re-signing Inman just yet. He needs to show more the last 5 games.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Sammy Watkins and Christian Kirk in the second is exactly what I've been thinking recently. Both have speed enough to threaten the top of the defense, which is really what is lacking. To me Watkins was the best college WR prospect in the last 5 years, better than Cooper, and he obviously hasn't lived to up that but the talent is there. Kirk is a guy who's flown under the radar this year after being a top 2 or 3 WR on the board last year.

I think a healthy Meredith will start at the Z and Kirk will be #4, but that could change.

Same. Love that WR group. Watkins, Meredith, Kirk, White, Inman, whoever. Lot of speed. You got some big play upside with Watkins, who is still just 24. Meredith is still developing. Kirk I've fallen in love with over the last couple weeks. His former teammates (Seals-Jones and Josh Reynolds) are starting to show a lot as rookies, and Kirk is a guy that took balls away from them when he stepped on campus as a freshman. I love that in a prospect. Inman has experience in the slot and outside. He's slot insurance if Kirk takes time to learn the offense. He's outside insurance in case Meredith is slow to get back. White is a lottery ticket at this point. But a lot of speed and potential with that group.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Of course I'm reading this that you guys want to resign Inman or not, and not re-sign him. I'm not too much into being a grammar nazi but the hyphen is pretty important on that one, you can't just add re or it's a very different meaning.

For what we presently have you definitely re-sign Inman. If we somehow filled the WR corpse with stars in one season he would be a great backup as he was elsewhere.

White will be here short of another long injury, that may get him a medical. I hope they don't have to come up with any sort of settlement with him ever, 2¢ would be too much for the amount of time he's played.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Of course I'm reading this that you guys want to resign Inman or not, and not re-sign him. I'm not too much into being a grammar nazi but the hyphen is pretty important on that one, you can't just add re or it's a very different meaning.

For what we presently have you definitely re-sign Inman. If we somehow filled the WR corpse with stars in one season he would be a great backup as he was elsewhere.

White will be here short of another long injury, that may get him a medical. I hope they don't have to come up with any sort of settlement with him ever, 2¢ would be too much for the amount of time he's played.

Fixed on mine. Was just an error. -----------------

Reactions: Myk

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Agree, this is why the WR position will be addressed in free agency with compliments added during the draft. Bears will add at least to above average receivers are my thoughts.

This is most realistic. Pace isn't about making a big splash in free agency.

I actually prefer getting 2 above average WR's via FA than going all in on one top market guy.

Something like Jordan Matthews + John Brown + mid-round WR wouldn't be a bad offseason to me.

Great post btw Adi.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

May get White back for the last month of the season. If so put him out there and see what he can do, see if he can even stay healthy of four games.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
White is out for the season. He cannot be brought back this year.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
A name no one has talked about is Martavis Bryant. Still under contract to the Steelers, but I don't see them bringing him back next season. A high risk/ high reward player for sure, but if he should hit free agency he has more natural talent than anyone hitting the open market.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Agree, Martavis Bryant should be an option. He is still young and has a lot of talent. He will not be too expensive and the Bears should be able to protect themselves on the contract.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
White is out for the season. He cannot be brought back this year.

Kevin white has played a grand total of 3 full games in 3 years.

#7 overall pick....

He is very much in the conversation for the top 5 of worst busts in team history.

And in discussion for top 50 all time in the history of the NFL.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Kevin white has played a grand total of 3 full games in 3 years.

#7 overall pick....

He is very much in the conversation for the top 5 of worst busts in team history.

And in discussion for top 50 all time in the history of the NFL.
This is news? If White is healthy enough to throw out there in another lost season we have nothing to lose.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Agree, Martavis Bryant should be an option. He is still young and has a lot of talent. He will not be too expensive and the Bears should be able to protect themselves on the contract.
Upside to Bryant, 26 years in 2018, 6-4 211 with the kind of speed to take the top off of any defense. Downside, one failed drug test away from an indefinite ban from the NFL. How's that for risk/reward.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
This is news? If White is healthy enough to throw out there in another lost season we have nothing to lose.

As a #7 overall pick, (thanks Pace for drafting a guy with a broken leg) His contract was a back-loaded rookie contract.

If we can't offload him, or get an injury settlement, we are on the hook for 5.2 million next year.

LOFL at "nothing to lose".

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
According to an article on the homepage he can be brought back off of IR.

Both IR to return spots have been used up with Demps and Hall. No spots left for anyone on injured reserve to return.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everyone needs to prepare themselves for how badly we over pay some WRs in free agency.

We are desperate and we have not had luck landing bigger names.