1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
good

bastard

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was my guess for Bourque's suspension.

Guy isn't new to discipline and it was a textbook dirty play that resulted in injury.

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was my guess for Bourque's suspension.

Guy isn't new to discipline and it was a textbook dirty play that resulted in injury.

Yep. The Flames are quietly one of the dirtiest teams. Blackhawks fans realized that last night.

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why he wasn't given a longer suspension. We all know about the "epidemic" of hockey concussions and the easiest way to eliminate some is to severely punish those who make illegal, dirty hits which put players at risk. Two weeks ago I'd understand a 2-game suspension but not now after everything was written and discussed concerning concussions over the last week. I was hoping for 6 games.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Im thinking that because Seabs made the trip to pittsburgh and is maybe playing tonight had a godo deal with it being only 2 games

hate it or not...the injury of the guy plays into the thought process of length of suspension

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Im thinking that because Seabs made the trip to pittsburgh and is maybe playing tonight had a godo deal with it being only 2 games

hate it or not...the injury of the guy plays into the thought process of length of suspension

Agreed...and I HATE it.

On that same play...some players might be out for months and some might have bounced right back up. It is supposed to be about the hit, not what happens to the player in terms of injury. All of a sudden, "luck" plays into the suspension in many ways.

However...I do think 2 games was absolutely fine in this case because Bourque has not been suspended before.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Agreed...and I HATE it.

On that same play...some players might be out for months and some might have bounced right back up. It is supposed to be about the hit, not what happens to the player in terms of injury. All of a sudden, "luck" plays into the suspension in many ways.

However...I do think 2 games was absolutely fine in this case because Bourque has not been suspended before.

true that....

if it was someone like carcillo that did the hit, then 4-5 games probably would have been the outcome

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
true that....

if it was someone like carcillo that did the hit, then 4-5 games probably would have been the outcome

And I'm fine with that. Repeat offenders (Andy Sutton anyone?) should definitely get the wrath of Shanaban more than a player like Bourque.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
And I'm fine with that. Repeat offenders (Andy Sutton anyone?) should definitely get the wrath of Shanaban more than a player like Bourque.

:clap:

I hope that was intentional...

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
good, because otherwise that would have been a sweet typo. lol

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Bourque's suspension wasn't as long because there were some slight circumstances. First, it's a play going a hundred miles an hour. Yes, it looks bad when it's slow, but the ref had the puck in his skates causing confusion. Bourque did deliver an intentional nasty hit, but I agree with the 2 game suspension.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, I totally felt that McQuaid deserved a suspension for his kneeing of Foligno. Foligno wasn't hurt, McQuaid did receive a major and misconduct, sooo......

no suspension.

Last edited: