Flip just got promoted boys

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The promotion fills the role vacated by Dave Ragone, who left the organization to become Atlanta’s offensive coordinator under Arthur Smith. Ragone was previously the Bears’ quarterbacks coach from 2016-2019.

Wow.....so what he did here with our Qb sitution merits an offensive coordinator promo with Atlanta. :eek:

Well regarded around the league. He wanted Watson in the draft not 4M so bonus points for that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I heard that too which is crazy to me. If he was a very good coach, you would think our receivers/offense would have been better than bottom 10 almost every year he was here.

So if you give a chef dog shit, you expect him to still be able to get a Michelin star?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Please Indy.....secure wentz, so this Bear-wentz madness can stop ?
As much as I don't like wentz, I've grown to hope we get him somewhat as long as the price isn't hefty.

I like him better than mac jones/trask, which I t hink are the only qb's we can get in the draft. Also, if we can't get dak/watson, I think he's the best option in FA/Trade, unfortunately.

Then whatta bout T. Taylor as a "bridge Qb". He's smart. He protects the ball. We wouldn't have to give up a 1st rounder for him.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s because they can’t get anyone outside of the rejects they have on staff, to come on board. Yes! Punch my ticket for the titanic!

Rise

Liked Posts:
Probably didn’t even get a raise. Just another cost cutting move. We will give you a fancy title and now you can do two jobs for the same pay! Yay! Sounds like corporate America.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The promotion fills the role vacated by Dave Ragone, who left the organization to become Atlanta’s offensive coordinator under Arthur Smith. Ragone was previously the Bears’ quarterbacks coach from 2016-2019.

Wow.....so what he did here with our Qb sitution merits an offensive coordinator promo with Atlanta. :eek:
Its from his time with the Titans where he worked with Arthur Smith. Jon Hoke and Ted Monachino also went to the Falcons on D.

Right but his most recent work was here with our offense and that's nothing to write home about. So I don't see how he deserves to be a OC other than Smith knew him.

Now conversely, some ppl. feel a guy who put together a SB winning D vs one of the top NFL offenses, doesn't deserve a shot at another HC job. You may have heard of Todd Bowles. :cool:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Well regarded around the league. He wanted Watson in the draft not 4M so bonus points for that.

Well I'm not sure what he'd be "Well regarded for". I didn't know he wanted Watson. I heard Fox wanted Watson.
But hey.....I'll give Ragone those "bonus points ".

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right but his most recent work was here with our offense and that's nothing to write home about. So I don't see how he deserves to be a OC other than Smith knew him.

Now conversely, some ppl. feel a guy who put together a SB winning D vs one of the top NFL offenses, doesn't deserve a shot at another HC job. You may have heard of Todd Bowles. :cool:
Yep I still don't think he does. I also didn't say I thought Ragone deserved OC. I told you why he was picked.

News flash. Business relationships get you jobs. This isn't anything new.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Yep I still don't think he does. I also didn't say I thought Ragone deserved OC. I told you why he was picked.

News flash. Business relationships get you jobs. This isn't anything new.

My friend....I'm very aware how things work in real world and pro sports. Sadly The most qualified don't get hired.

A guy like Adam Gase can suck....yet he gets a couple shots at HC jobs. Bowles can show out in the SB, but someone will hold it
against him that things didn't go well 3 yrs ago in N.Y.

Yes I get your explanation on Ragone. I was looking at something silly like his qualifications and accomplishments ?‍♂️

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My friend....I'm very aware how things work in real world and pro sports. Sadly The most qualified don't get hired.

A guy like Adam Gase can suck....yet he gets a couple shots at HC jobs. Bowles can show out in the SB, but someone will hold it
against him that things didn't go well 3 yrs ago in N.Y.

Yes I get your explanation on Ragone. I was looking at something silly like his qualifications and accomplishments ?‍♂️
I have done some more research based on this discussion and discovered more second time head coaches have won and been a success than I originally thought. I thought it was a pretty low number overall.

So I actually have changed my opinion and would be fine with Todd getting another shot. I also guess that means I'm okay with Gases second shot.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I read the reports that Flip might not be too thrilled to have to work with Wentz?. It wasnt that amicable as he coaches hard and Wentz not always amenable? Not sure how true

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I have done some more research based on this discussion and discovered more second time head coaches have won and been a success than I originally thought. I thought it was a pretty low number overall.

So I actually have changed my opinion and would be fine with Todd getting another shot. I also guess that means I'm okay with Gases second shot.

ok fx1718, halleluyah?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if you give a chef dog shit, you expect him to still be able to get a Michelin star?

don't forget that Castillo was going to make our OL wonderful according to some on this board last offseason