Foles about to have a new home

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Everyone knows Foles is gone and they need a backup QB. So why does signing Siemian not make sense?
Because cutting any player only makes sense if 1) you save money or 2) you sign a better player. The Bears didn't save any money and I don't think Siemian is a better player.

Maybe Foles is just really unhappy and they are doing him a favor.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Because cutting any player only makes sense if 1) you save money or 2) you sign a better player. The Bears didn't save any money and I don't think Siemian is a better player.

How many better backup QBs are available. They got a backup QB who has starting experience. That’s all you could ask for at this point.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

They save $1-2m by signing siemian and cutting foles.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not following this. What would he be unhappy with where keeping him solves it?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm not following this. What would he be unhappy with where keeping him solves it?
Don't worry. Foles is unhappy because he still hasn't been traded to the Bucs where he would have won the QB competition during training camp and been named the starter. Tom Brady is his bitch.

Note: green text.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Don't worry. Foles is unhappy because he still hasn't been traded to the Bucs where he would have won the QB competition during training camp and been named the starter. Tom Brady is his bitch.

Note: green text.
Brady is the President of Football Operations, GM, and QB 1. He will refuse to bring in someone that can easily take his QB position.

Note: Green text applies to only part of the above observation.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Siemian is not a better player but he's a much better fit to spell Fields without changing the scheme if needed. It's not like he's fast but he's shown mobility and some ability to make plays on the move.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Brady is the President of Football Operations, GM, and QB 1. He will refuse to bring in someone that can easily take his QB position.

Note: Green text applies to only part of the above observation.
Perhaps the President of Football Operations and GM will get together and do what is best for the team.

After Foles is brought in, people in Tampa will be laughing at the Tom Brady is QB1 propaganda coming out of the Bucs, just like people in Chicago were laughing at Dalton QB1 that came from the Bears.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I would hope the Bears can get a low draft pick for Foles on a draft day trade.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Siemian is not a better player but he's a much better fit to spell Fields without changing the scheme if needed. It's not like he's fast but he's shown mobility and some ability to make plays on the move.
69 career rushing yards? It just seems like with all the personnel needs on this team, swapping backup QBs should have been down the list of things that the Bears needed to do.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
69 career rushing yards? It just seems like with all the personnel needs on this team, swapping backup QBs should have been down the list of things that the Bears needed to do.
Who cares? It's not like this kept them from something else

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not someone that wants his QB to run. He has enough mobility to find time to throw, at least compared to Foles who is leaving at some point regardless of what else we did. I don't understand why you see this as an either/or vs other positions type of move.