For the first time as a Bears fan

Rawk

Liked Posts:
I don't know about you, but for the first time as a Bears fan (since 85), I'm experiencing something special. I've always been (too) optimistic about this team and lived in denial.
When we draft a Mitch Trubisky and become the laughingstock of the league, I want to believe that everyone is wrong and they haven't seen it right.
When the W/L forecasts come out and I have 3-4 more games in the W column.
When everyone sees beyond the lack of weapons for JF1 but I'm still convinced he's the answer.
When we get only 1-2 players going to the ProBowl.
And so on...
In short, all those times when I feel the media doesn't really know the team.
For the first time as a Bears fan, I feel an almost unanimous agreement from the experts. This time its not me trying to convince myself, I dont need to, the Bears are the darlings of the media.

This team is in the right direction and 5 days away from drafting a true franchise QB.
Make it real!

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
I don't know about you, but for the first time as a Bears fan (since 85), I'm experiencing something special. I've always been (too) optimistic about this team and lived in denial.
When we draft a Mitch Trubisky and become the laughingstock of the league, I want to believe that everyone is wrong and they haven't seen it right.
When the W/L forecasts come out and I have 3-4 more games in the W column.
When everyone sees beyond the lack of weapons for JF1 but I'm still convinced he's the answer.
When we get only 1-2 players going to the ProBowl.
And so on...
In short, all those times when I feel the media doesn't really know the team.
For the first time as a Bears fan, I feel an almost unanimous agreement from the experts. This time its not me trying to convince myself, I dont need to, the Bears are the darlings of the media.

This team is in the right direction and 5 days away from drafting a true franchise QB.
Make it real!
my sweet, sweet summer child... wait for OTAs where Jenkins has a phantom injury that lingers in to the season which he then starts on the IR. wait for keenan allen to tear his achilles in camp and Nate Davis to see it on the replay board then sit out as well. wait for pick 9 to tear their acl and the new defensive coordinator to get a dui. just you wait....

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
my sweet, sweet summer child... wait for OTAs where Jenkins has a phantom injury that lingers in to the season which he then starts on the IR. wait for keenan allen to tear his achilles in camp and Nate Davis to see it on the replay board then sit out as well. wait for pick 9 to tear their acl and the new defensive coordinator to get a dui. just you wait....
But that is only next year!

Rawk

Liked Posts:
It would feel normal, lets hope its something different this time.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
And Jordan Love to magically start being accurate on down field throws and the Packers to draft some random OT in the 5th round and him to turn into an all pro.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It will be nice to see a Bears QB play an entire season. There is probably kids on this forum that never seen it. (2009)

34sSportsBar

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

You Debbie Downer.

Washington

Liked Posts:
It will be nice to see a Bears QB play an entire season. There is probably kids on this forum that never seen it. (2009)

I've been watching the Bears since the 60s and playing a season with 1 QB has been very very rare for them. I always count on QB injuries for the Bears. I hate to say it but I expect the same with the OL as it stands now.

I am cautiously optimistic on this season. I feel I will know a lot more about the immediate future after seeing CW for a season. I had high hopes for JF too but he sure was another let down in an extremely long list of letdowns at QB for the Bears.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I've been watching the Bears since the 60s and playing a season with 1 QB has been very very rare for them. I always count on QB injuries for the Bears. I hate to say it but I expect the same with the OL as it stands now.

I am cautiously optimistic on this season. I feel I will know a lot more about the immediate future after seeing CW for a season. I had high hopes for JF too but he sure was another let down in an extremely long list of letdowns at QB for the Bears.
It would be quite nice to just fully invest in offense with these four picks. QB, two linemen, a fresh receiving target, and not necessarily in that order (well, except for QB).

I wont feel comfortable with this line until our backups are going to other teams for a chance to start.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I wont feel comfortable with this line until our backups are going to other teams for a chance to start.

Most of the starters would not be starters on the majority of the teams in the league. Carolina might be the exception when it comes to crappy OL play.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would hold off until the Bears actually announce drafting CW. Don't put it past the Bears to out think themselves.

CW is from Washington. Washington has the 2nd pick. Washington has two 2nd round picks and three 3rd round picks.

I'm not going to bother with a draft value chart, but the Bears moving down one spot and getting a 2nd and a 3rd this year plus a high 1st round next year and more?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Most of the starters would not be starters on the majority of the teams in the league. Carolina might be the exception when it comes to crappy OL play.
I want to have faith in the new center. I like our starting tackles. When Jenkins is healthy, he is capable of being a monster.

That leaves backup tackle, backup center, starting guard, backup guard. If they draft two interior linemen prospects with those two mid round picks, that would go a long way to making me feel a bit more secure in the future.

alswank87

Liked Posts:
Knock on wood you son of a bitch! KNOCK ON WOOD NOW!