CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can you articulate why it is you do not want him? Can you also explain who you'd want, and why?

Reactions: ZAN

JeffSpicoli

Hey bud....Let's party!!
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can you articulate why it is you do not want him? Can you also explain who you'd want, and why?

^^ this, I get he is not everyone's cup of tea....hell, I am not the biggest fan. If he can get the team back to at least being competitive I do not mind. This franchise would be set back much further with another bad "up and coming" coordinator hire

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I expect you'll get the standard: he's too old, to average, etc., etc. for the first - some may be somewhat legitimate concerns, others are ridiculous.

The next person you see answer the question "who do you want more and WHY?" will be the first I've seen do that.

In other words, bitchers be bitchers.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I expect you'll get the standard: he's too old, to average, etc., etc. for the first - some may be somewhat legitimate concerns, others are ridiculous.

The next person you see answer the question "who do you want more and WHY?" will be the first I've seen do that.

In other words, bitchers be bitchers.
Truth Bombs.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
oh great another John Fox thread.....

Nice contribution. How about answering the OP's question - who would you want more than Fox and why?

Oh that's right, you don't know; you just want to crap on whatever someone else suggests from your ivory throne.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
From what I gathered, they see Fox as Lovie 2.0.

However, Fox has a much more impressive resume at this point. 2 superbowls to 1, more playoff appearances, more championship game appearances, and the key factor, unlike Lovie, John hires experienced NFL head coaches and then trusts them to do their jobs, vs Lovie who would hire shit coaches and then we'd be on our way to an 8-8 season again.

Also, for as much as people talk about Fox's record, that last 2-14 year really skewed the percentage, and that was when their talent was all shit or hurt, and shit talent can be blamed on the GM.

Fox is far from perfect, but he is solid, and a proven commodity for rebuilding a franchise, which he has done, twice. Right now the Bears are in no place to try for someone who is a high risk - they need to rebuild this thing, and Fox CAN get the job done.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I just don't think he brings innovation on plays and what not. I think he won't adapt to this new era. I honestly think in decisions, he will always pick the safe thing to do than take risks, I honestly think he won't be nothing special. I think it's the same o same o with him as our previous coach. That's all. That's my opinion and nobody else's. So nobody has to like it. I want Quinn, Patricia, or Austin. I wanted Bowles at first but he's gone. I like them guys because how they lead there defense. That have leadership and implement great plays and blitzes which shows they think outside the box and take risks. There not afraid to try new shit. And also because I would gladly take a risk with a rookie head coach. Young one too. This fox character is probably going to have another heart attack or whatever it was on our sideline.

That's just my shit.

With that said, Fuck John Fox!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
"Fox is far from perfect, but he is solid, and a proven commodity for rebuilding a franchise, which he has done, twice. Right now the Bears are in no place to try for someone who is a high risk - they need to rebuild this thing, and Fox CAN get the job done."

NAILED IT. Especially the part I put in bold type.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I just don't think he brings innovation on plays and what not. I think he won't adapt to this new era. I honestly think in decisions, he will always pick the safe thing to do than take risks, I honestly think he won't be nothing special. I think it's the same o same o with him as our previous coach. That's all. That's my opinion and nobody else's. So nobody has to like it. I want Quinn, Patricia, or Austin. I wanted Bowles at first but he's gone. I like them guys because how they lead there defense. That have leadership and implement great plays and blitzes which shows they think outside the box and take risks. There not afraid to try new shit. And also because I would gladly take a risk with a rookie head coach. Young one too. This fox character is probably going to have another heart attack or whatever it was on our sideline.

That's just my shit.

With that said, Fuck John Fox!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I give you points for typing more than 1 sentence, that said your post is still stupid. Not one fucking NFL team interviewed Matt Patricia, so that should tell you something, yet he is a better candidate than John Fox. Dozens of NFL executives have it wrong and you have it right I guess.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2002 47 Carolina Panthers NFL 16 7 9 0 .438
2003 48 Carolina Panthers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688
2004 49 Carolina Panthers NFL 16 7 9 0 .438
2005 50 Carolina Panthers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688
2006 51 Carolina Panthers NFL 16 8 8 0 .500
2007 52 Carolina Panthers NFL 16 7 9 0 .438
2008 53 Carolina Panthers NFL 16 12 4 0 .750
2009 54 Carolina Panthers NFL 16 8 8 0 .500
2010 55 Carolina Panthers NFL 16 2 14 0 .125
2011 56 Denver Broncos NFL 16 8 8 0 .500

I purposely left out the Manning years. Fox is a good coach, I am not sure the above translates into a great coach. Would he be an improvement over Trestman, no argument from me there. Still I would rather take a gamble on an up-and-comer over a coach that has had Moderate success in the league. Harbaughs and Belichecks are rare, and the only way your ever going to get one is to take a shot. I understand many users desire to "play it safe". However that is not in my DNA, and as a result I prefer the high risk-high reward of Austin. Now is the time to take such a gamble, worse thing that can happen is he sucks terribly and we start piling up talent in the draft over the next 2-3 years if he fails.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I just plain don't understand the Matt Patricia fascination.

Reactions: 1ke

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
He has a history of not being able to make game time adjustments and freezing. One incident is when there was 35 seconds before halftime and the Broncos were on the opponents 45 yard line. He made manning take a knee. The Broncos forum has plenty of these stories. While the Broncos defense was good statistically this year, they have failed every time in key situations over the past 3 years. There have been tons of time when they couldnt get pressure on the QB and Fox and his staff had no solution.

Bronoc fans are celebrating this guy being gone

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I give you points for typing more than 1 sentence, that said your post is still stupid. Not one fucking NFL team interviewed Matt Patricia, so that should tell you something, yet he is a better candidate than John Fox. Dozens of NFL executives have it wrong and you have it right I guess.

You're still reading his posts? I put him on ignore a couple of days ago - broken record. Every time I saw post was ignored, I was still seeing that phrase in my head LOL

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Honestly there's not anyone better out there that anyone knows of. Maybe one on these lesser known coordinators will be incredible head coaches, but that's quite a risk to take. And remember, the last GM lost his job over taking such a huge risk in hiring his head coach. Fox is the safest pick for Pace to make.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Fox is far from perfect, but he is solid, and a proven commodity for rebuilding a franchise, which he has done, twice. Right now the Bears are in no place to try for someone who is a high risk - they need to rebuild this thing, and Fox CAN get the job done."

NAILED IT. Especially the part I put in bold type.

I disagree, the BEARS are exactly in the place to take such a risk. Hell, they are going to suck balls the next two years regardless, worse thing that can happen is they suck a little bit worse and we compile talent (aka lions). As long as Pace is up to the task, what do we really have to lose? 2-14 vs 6-9 ? does that really matter?