For Those Not Wanting Fox as HC

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Was anticipating.. We salute YOU!

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not doing cartwheels at the thought of Fox, but I cannot understand why people are removing Manning from the equation. What is any coaches record without his Hall of Fame QB? Derp!

didn't you know u can make anyone look like they suck if u remove the stats that make them look good and ignore any success they have had

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I give you points for typing more than 1 sentence, that said your post is still stupid. Not one fucking NFL team interviewed Matt Patricia, so that should tell you something, yet he is a better candidate than John Fox. Dozens of NFL executives have it wrong and you have it right I guess.

Isn't it just hilarious how some people on here think they know more than ANYONE in the NFL??

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
As I stated in another thread, this is not a bad hire at all. Just doesn't feel like a "new direction, new way, modern concepts" hire that I thought the hiring of Pace would bring. To me Fox is a coach for a team that may be on the cusp of making a run. To me, the Bears are not that. I think they are rebuilding, and I think it is going to take a long time. I am not sure Fox, at his age, would be the coach for a long rebuild. In my opinion a younger vibrant coach would have been the best option for a team that, in my opinion, is starting over. He could grow along with the team.

I also have issue with the lack of results for a team that was Super Bowl caliber the last few years. To fail with all that talent, and one of the greatest qb's of all time is concerning. And Cutler wouldn't even be in the same level as that(IF he is even here). And I will NEVER get a on a coach for losing a SuperBowl, but the way the Broncos got absolutely drubbed was bad.

But considering how AWFUL the past two years were, if Fox is Lovie 2.0, then I will take it and like it....

BEARS

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I also initially said John Fox was just another Lovie Smith(and why is this a horrible thing btw? Lovie had his faults for sure but was a well above an average coach)that said the more I thought about it, he is much more aware about the offensive side of the ball then Lovie Smith. His last two coordinators have been Mike McCoy and Adam Gase. McCoy he cultivated himself in Caronlina. Reports say he's looking to bring in a new riser, Kyle Shannhan, a Lovie move would have been "Chan Gailey".

FOx is not the savior, but he's the best bet right now. Some of you are being pretty lose with facts.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have been taking shots since Halas left. It's produced 2 appearances in the Super Bowl, and 1 win. Doesn't it strike you as odd that you'd want to repeat the same thing that's been tried over and over again?

There are 32 teams in the NFL ....... Do the math. How do most teams get their Elite QB? Andrew Luck anyone?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
snxx6qpnyxzshpw6ygju.jpg

Hahaha great pic but you do realize that 75% of these people on here have no idea who that photo is or the movie it's from or maybe i should be mad that i'm old enough to know??

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I disagree, the BEARS are exactly in the place to take such a risk. Hell, they are going to suck balls the next two years regardless, worse thing that can happen is they suck a little bit worse and we compile talent (aka lions). As long as Pace is up to the task, what do we really have to lose? 2-14 vs 6-9 ? does that really matter?

Your math is flawed, as is your logic. 6-9? What you wrote is baffling to me. The whole reason Emery and Trestman got dumped was because there were expectations for this team back in August and they fell horribly short of them. 2-14? This team won 5 games with one of the worst Ds in team history, a dysfunctional offense with a headcase QB, a completely lost locker room, terrible coaching staff with a lack of control, etc. Now they're going to bring in a solid coach/staff and GM, fix some things, and be 3 games worse? Really? Come on, you're just being negative for the sake of being negative. This situation reminds me so much of Kansas City two years ago when Reid came in (another guy who some in their fanbase called a retread, game has passed him by, some good years but average overall). He brought a consistent attitude and discipline to a team that had horrendously underachieved at 2-14 the year before, despite barely turning over the roster. They made the playoffs the very next year. That can happen here or anywhere else because sometimes getting rid of something horrible is addition by subtraction. In this case, that change could be massive.

sam slocum

Liked Posts:
He has a history of not being able to make game time adjustments and freezing. One incident is when there was 35 seconds before halftime and the Broncos were on the opponents 45 yard line. He made manning take a knee. The Broncos forum has plenty of these stories. While the Broncos defense was good statistically this year, they have failed every time in key situations over the past 3 years. There have been tons of time when they couldnt get pressure on the QB and Fox and his staff had no solution.

Bronoc fans are celebrating this guy being gone

Don't care what BRONOC fans are celebrating, but Fox should have made Manning take a knee in the locker room last weekend...stay there. Manning lost that game. Even a gimp Manning could have strolled for a 1st down on that play where he threw it out of bounds instead of getting the easy 1st down.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For one thing, he hasn't been able to get enough out of his players. For another thing, he's boring. For another, he's about ready to drop dead.

He hasn't been able to get enough out of his players?? OK

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Don't care what BRONOC fans are celebrating, but Fox should have made Manning take a knee in the locker room last weekend...stay there. Manning lost that game. Even a gimp Manning could have strolled for a 1st down on that play where he threw it out of bounds instead of getting the easy 1st down.
STFU raging moron. We are talking Fox not Manning

Superbowl54

Liked Posts:
are you saying I'm wrong?

3 playoffs in 9 years with Carolina?
Those 3 playoff trips included a one-and-done, one championship game appearance, and one super bowl appearance
very conservative philiosophy
too much turnover on offense.

Anybody could make the playoffs with Peyton, hell, a horrid coach like Jim Caldwell made the Super Bowl with him.

Give me some fresh blood.