Former Blackhawks star has ‘0’ interest in playing with his replacement, Connor Bedard

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Granada

Liked Posts:
Always been a fan of Kane, but not sad about this. No more retreads. Plus he just had hip surgery that will shelve him for 4-6 months. Time to move on.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Kaner might be over playing his hand here. Hip resurfacing is a big deal. The past results don't look promising for him. Only two NHLers have had from what I understand and neither went well. The pro wrestler The Undertaker had it and dropped down from a full slate to two matches per year. Not good timing for Kaner with a new contract hanging in the wind.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks have no interest in Kane either. Maybe things will change after his next contract IF Kane can keep playing.
The hip resurfacing surgery seems very tough to come back from. Backstrom just came back from it and had decent numbers in like 35 games, but they dont know if he will continue playing.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I think Kaner might be over playing his hand here. Hip resurfacing is a big deal. The past results don't look promising for him. Only two NHLers have had from what I understand and neither went well. The pro wrestler The Undertaker had it and dropped down from a full slate to two matches per year. Not good timing for Kaner with a new contract hanging in the wind.
No shit. Plus watch all the shit Taker had to do to himself just to perform for those two matches.

The guy was freezing his body after working out and his last few matches were rather horrible considering his greatness prior.

(I won't hold that train wreck against Goldberg against him tho.)

The graveyard match against Styles happened only because they could take breaks and edit the thing before hand.

Anybody who thinks Kane is going to be Kane again is wishful thinking. It's the end of the road and the Hawks cut bait at the right time. Still an icon here, but a lesser Kane means he's going to a team that could use him on the power play and a limited schedule.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks have no interest in Kane either. Maybe things will change after his next contract IF Kane can keep playing.
The hip resurfacing surgery seems very tough to come back from. Backstrom just came back from it and had decent numbers in like 35 games, but they dont know if he will continue playing.
I think your being nice saying he had decent numbers.

I think they're seeing where he is at the start of camp and if he can't go they'll just throw his ass on ltir and take the cap savings.

Great career. Another warrior out there.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No shit. Plus watch all the shit Taker had to do to himself just to perform for those two matches.

The guy was freezing his body after working out and his last few matches were rather horrible considering his greatness prior.

The graveyard match against Styles happened only because they could take breaks and edit the thing before hand.

Anybody who thinks Kane is going to be Kane again is wishful thinking. It's the end of the road and the Hawks cut bait at the right time. Still an icon here, but a lesser Kane means he's going to a team that could use him on the power play and a limited schedule.
Yeah. It sure doesn't sound like he'll bounce back from this unscathed. To be honest, I had no idea this was such a big procedure. I had total hip replacement a few years and while I haven't tried....I'm fairly certain I could still skate again today if I had to and I'm old and out of shape now. So I figured this would be a snap for finely tuned, young guy like Kane. Not a good comparison, I guess.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Kane and Undertaker... is this a wrestling forum? ? ?

@Bigfoot please review, doesn't seem like hockey talk. Also, it's believed that this is a MARTINI alt.

Thanks.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I think your being nice saying he had decent numbers.

I think they're seeing where he is at the start of camp and if he can't go they'll just throw his ass on ltir and take the cap savings.

Great career. Another warrior out there.
7g 21pts in 39 games wasn't a big drop off at this point for Backstrom, but I wasn't actually watching him skate.
It's also probably just brutal overall physically.

We all know Kane wants at least 49 more goals before he retires.

Last edited: