Forte ain't happy...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace explained at the owner's meeting yesterday why the Bears went after Andersen. They expected Andersen to earn a high tender offer from the Broncos and had absolutely no plans to go after him. John Elway didn't offer the tender and the Bears went hard after an opportunity they didn't think was going to present itself. Elway fucked up and had to pay $3.5-million more than he wanted after not tendering Andersen. Elway didn't want to lose Andersen and completely underestimated the market for a 25-year-old RB.

Pace made Elway pay for his own ego it's what good GMs do, take advantage of others' mistakes. Another good idea a GM doesn't panic on draft day and doesn't hold onto old players with a limited shelf life who can hold back the development of Langford and Carey.

Pace is operating at a high level right now.

Hilarious exhibition of illogical thinking.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This post has to be a farce...right? I mean, is Kadeem Carey's development really a top priority?

Afraid he isn't. He actually think that Pace is so smart that he intentionally makes an premium money offer for a player that he really doesn't want in order to outwit John Elway. YOu know the guy who just won another Super Bowl for himself:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some Bears fans have short memories. Some of us thought Forte might be traded last year for even mentioning of a hold out for a new contract. Bennett actually held out and was traded for a pick. Pace got the last year out of Forte, but you can count on him remembering Forte talking about his contract in the media.

To Forte's credit, he backed off that talk pretty fast when all of a sudden people were talking about trading him, but I'm surprised that people don't think Pace didn't remember that.

It's clear Pace and Fox are creating a new culture. Marshall, Bennett, and Forte all showed a willingness to buck the team and not be "full in", and all three are gone. Forte made a mistake last year by talking about his contract in the media, and it's clear, at least to me, that is why he didn't even receive an offer.
\

Well then, by that logic say goodbye to Kyle Long, the malcontent. This "culture" is akin to Nazism where the right to speak up is punished by the regime:(

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Hester couldn't play a position, Urlacher's age and injuries left him as a not very good player anymore, Peanut was always injured, Briggs got fat and disinterested. Marshall and Forte were the two who were still really productive players. Marshall was a major headache so I get that move.

Yeah, that was my point, should have used Purple.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'll give the kid credit for his quick-twitch. Never seen anyone able to act so quickly, always first to reply to a new thread. Kid's got skills.

I'm old enough to be your papi, son!

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
\

Well then, by that logic say goodbye to Kyle Long, the malcontent. This "culture" is akin to Nazism where the right to speak up is punished by the regime:(

Long made a tweet saying he asked for a new contract and was turned down, and said that he would keep his mouth shut and play football. Long is also young and a stud OL. Forte had a history of threatening to hold out, and last year again talked about his contract in the media, while turning 30, as a RB, with Pace's draft pick (langford) playing pretty darn good as a rookie. Yeah Hawk, I see the similarity.

Forte indeed brought his contract up in the media during Fox's 1st off season. And as I said... Forte backed down quickly when all of a sudden many people started to talk about him being traded. I'm surprised some seem to forget all the Forte trade talk as well as Bennett last year???

Forte also sold his house, and made MANY media comments that he was surprised that the Bears had NOT talked to him about a contract. If you think that's not bringing his contract stuff up in the media, some of you are nuts.

But hey, feel free to continue to talk about Forte when I give you an extremely viable reason why he was not even offered a contract.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Long made a tweet saying he asked for a new contract and was turned down, and said that he would keep his mouth shut and play football. Long is also young and a stud OL. Forte had a history of threatening to hold out, and last year again talked about his contract in the media, while turning 30, as a RB, with Pace's draft pick (langford) playing pretty darn good as a rookie. Yeah Hawk, I see the similarity.

Forte indeed brought his contract up in the media during Fox's 1st off season. And as I said... Forte backed down quickly when all of a sudden many people started to talk about him being traded. I'm surprised some seem to forget all the Forte trade talk as well as Bennett last year???

Forte also sold his house, and made MANY media comments that he was surprised that the Bears had NOT talked to him about a contract. If you think that's not bringing his contract stuff up in the media, some of you are nuts.

But hey, feel free to continue to talk about Forte when I give you an extremely viable reason why he was not even offered a contract.

:hawked:

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
We have shed the little talent we had and added a bunch of depth guys. Why is anyone complaining. Were a solid 8-8 team now.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, Bears are being run like the movie Logan's Run right now. Once you turn 30 (with rare exception) you get sent to Carousel.

[video=youtube;xSnLU9nyFSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSnLU9nyFSA[/video]

Does that make Pace the Sandman.......I dub Pace's new nickname......Sandman

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Of course. We are where we are because we failed to sign Olin/Url/Hester/Peanut/Briggs/BM/Forte.

Nostalgia and fanboydom >>>>> organizational development.

So, when are you going off grid w/your hero?????

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He (rightfully) feels slighted. Forte was willing to split carries, while teaching these young guys the in's and out's of the game. He was a model teammate, and loved by the fans. Even at 30, he was still productive and showed obvious tread left on the tires. And the contract he received was more than fair for the team.

Letting him walk was a mistake. Not a huge one, because he'd decline sooner rather than later, but it still was a mistake. To say otherwise is just illogical.

Not gonna get into the fact that he wasn't offered a contract, because it doesn't matter at the end of the day. Lowballing him would have got him, and the bears, no where.

There you go making sense....remember just tow the line, that he is old and no longer any good.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

post-53126-Bill-Murray-looks-at-camera-gi-68fK.gif

Matt Forte feels his time with the Chicago Bears is nearing the end. After attempts to work out something so he could stay went without a response

He and his agent approached the Bears last offseason, trying to restructure his deal so he could be extended. It would have been a win-win for both parties, as Forte would have gotten more cash in a bonus, and the Bears would get salary cap relief. The Bears did not respond.

Bears talking about trading him

Forte shows class

Buys a home before last season started

Where are you are getting this shit from, is beyond me...but quit yelling at people not happy with the move, then make up bullshit about the same player.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He and his agent approached the Bears last offseason, trying to restructure his deal so he could be extended. It would have been a win-win for both parties, as Forte would have gotten more cash in a bonus, and the Bears would get salary cap relief. The Bears did not respond.
I would have liked them to try and retain Forte, but your characterization as it being win win for both is just wrong.
1) The Bears were in no need of cap relief last year and actually had a credit added to this year from the extra they had.
2) Extending an aging running back early has zero benefit, as there demand is never great in FA.
3)Pace/Fox were not in the mood to extend anyone prior to seeing them as a whole for the season.

The only person to gain from extending him early would have been Matt Forte. Had the Bears wanted to keep him, Forte has even said that would have not been a problem. Whether you agree with not retaining or not, the decision not to extend him early was 100% correct.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have liked them to try and retain Forte, but your characterization as it being win win for both is just wrong.
1) The Bears were in no need of cap relief last year and actually had a credit added to this year from the extra they had.
2) Extending an aging running back early has zero benefit, as there demand is never great in FA.
3)Pace/Fox were not in the mood to extend anyone prior to seeing them as a whole for the season.

The only person to gain from extending him early would have been Matt Forte. Had the Bears wanted to keep him, Forte has even said that would have not been a problem. Whether you agree with not retaining or not, the decision not to extend him early was 100% correct.

My characterization? Its from the article linked. Also its in response to the poster who acted like he was a issue somehow.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
1) Forte is acting like a bitch and using social media to do it.

2) Anderson is a lot younger with less tread on the tires. Forte is old by RB standards.

3) Fox loves Anderson and I think that offer by Pace was at Fox's request. He's a damn good player and he's in the prime of his career.

I mentioned this in another thread but Forte pulled this same 'woe is me' shit a few years back when he wanted a bigger contract. He whined to the media and played victim.

I like Forte, but dude just shut up and move on. Pace was upfront and honest with you that he wasn't offering you a contract.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk