Forte defends Cutler

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So let's recap - This OL will be what now - is it 4 or actually 5 dipshits with no more than 2 years among the best of them IF Long isn't plugged in?

Is that about it?

Yep. And just imagine if God forbid one or two of them go down, especially Long:(

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Cutler gets way more bullshit than needed, I've never seen a QB get railroaded more than him

200.gif

Oh booo-hooo poor Jay Cutler. How ever does he manage to make it thru the day... it must be soooooo rough for him getting paid ~$103,000,000 by the Bears to be completely average at his job with 1 embarrassing playoff appearance in the last 7 years... I don't know how he does it. I'm sure he probably cries himself to sleep over all the mean things people say about him on the internet. We should probably start a go-fund-me page for him or something, poor guy.

"Railroaded"...LOL... give me a fucking break.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
200.gif

Oh booo-hooo poor Jay Cutler. How ever does he manage to make it thru the day... it must be soooooo rough for him getting paid ~$103,000,000 by the Bears to be completely average at his job with 1 embarrassing playoff appearance in the last 7 years... I don't know how he does it. I'm sure he probably cries himself to sleep over all the mean things people say about him on the internet. We should probably start a go-fund-me page for him or something, poor guy.

"Railroaded"...LOL... give me a fucking break.

Thanks for useless reply. Also the thread was more about the media which is what my response was to but it takes a special kind of guy to take that and make it about the internet and how much money Cutler makes.

Maybe you should contact Forte since he is the brought it up?

MK-ULTRA

Liked Posts:
If you read between the lines, he's not really "defending" Jay.... just making more of an obvious observation. Not once did he say anything about his "play".

I used to be all about some Cutler, but i pretty much gave up on him after the 2014 season... I wanted us to trade him and get Fitzpatrick, albeit a very unrealistic scenario at the time.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that's a new one. Fans on internet upset with amount of money a pro athlete makes...Cutler is definitely unique in that regard. Railroaded, indeed.

Didn't mention his contact, broc did. Read please

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks for useless reply. Also the thread was more about the media which is what my response was to but it takes a special kind of guy to take that and make it about the internet and how much money Cutler makes.

Maybe you should contact Forte since he is the brought it up?

Maybe you should consult a dictionary since you clearly don't know what "railroaded" means.

rail·road
ˈrālˌrōd/Submit
verb
past tense: railroaded; past participle: railroaded
informal
press (someone) into doing something by rushing or coercing them.
"she hesitated, unwilling to be railroaded into a decision"
cause (a measure) to be passed or approved quickly by applying pressure.
"the Bill had been railroaded through the House"
NORTH AMERICAN
send (someone) to prison without a fair trial or by means of false evidence.
NORTH AMERICAN
travel or work on the railroads.

Pretty sure he doesn't work on the railroads and that the Bears didn't coerce him into signing their multi-million dollar contracts...

Please explain how exactly the media is "railroading" Cutler... I'd love to hear it.

Sorry but the media questioning and criticizing his body launguage != "railroading". It's called lazy reporting. It's an easy story that writes itself and gets clicks. To act like the guy has endured some great hardship or has been "railroaded" by anyone is laughable to say the least.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe you should consult a dictionary since you clearly don't know what "railroaded" means.

rail·road
ˈrālˌrōd/Submit
verb
past tense: railroaded; past participle: railroaded
informal
press (someone) into doing something by rushing or coercing them.
"she hesitated, unwilling to be railroaded into a decision"
cause (a measure) to be passed or approved quickly by applying pressure.
"the Bill had been railroaded through the House"
NORTH AMERICAN
send (someone) to prison without a fair trial or by means of false evidence.
NORTH AMERICAN
travel or work on the railroads.

Pretty sure he doesn't work on the railroads and that the Bears didn't coerce him into signing their multi-million dollar contracts...

Please explain how exactly the media is "railroading" Cutler... I'd love to hear it.

Sorry but the media questioning and criticizing his body launguage != "railroading". It's called lazy reporting. It's an easy story that writes itself and gets clicks. To act like the guy has endured some great hardship or has been "railroaded" by anyone is laughable to say the least.

Well at least you are posting something new instead of moaning about his contract the entire post like normal. Again you'll need to talk to Forte about the media and their lazy writing . He took issue with, said something, it was discussed here and you proceeded to say it isn't true because of Cutler's contract. I've seen examples of it, most people have

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Any possibility we could photoshop a Georgia Pacific hat on Jay?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
it was discussed here and you proceeded to say it isn't true because of Cutler's contract. I've seen examples of it, most people have

Wrong. What I did was proceeded to mock your incorrect use of "railroaded" in yet another of your sad/pathetic attempts to paint Cutler as some sort of victim here.

That is what I'm taking issue with.. that Cutler is somehow this blameless victim that's been unfairly criticized by the media and fans when he only has himself to blame for it.

If he wasn't constantly sulking and pouting on the sidelines the past 7 years, acting like a baby throwing pictures out of the playbook after a bad series, blowing off coaches after they sit down next to him, or telling coaches to go fuck themselves he wouldn't be such an easy target for the media and fans.

Secondly, when you produce and are a winner the media and fans will gladly let that type of behavior slide (see Brady, Manning, Rodgers). But when you don't produce and are an average player like Cutler don't be surprised when the media and fans run with the image/narrative that Cutler portrays to everyone on Sundays (which is one of a mediocre player that pouts and sulks when things go bad).

And this is coming from someone that gives 0 fucks about a players behavior on the sideline. As long as they produce on the field I honestly don't care if they act like a complete twat on the sidelines or locker room. But that's the rub here isn't it... Cutler isn't an elite player with elite production so he gets no leeway.

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
???

First year under Shanahan = 88.5 Rating
Second year under Shanahan = 88.1 Rating
Third year under Shanahan = 86 Rating

First year under Martz = 86.3 Rating
Second year under Martz = 85.7

3rd year under Shanahan
Cutler finished the season with career-highs in passing completions (384), passing attempts (616), passing yards (4,526), passing touchdowns (25), interceptions (18), rushing attempts (57) and rushing touchdowns (2).[54] His passing yards, completions and attempts were all single-season franchise records for the Broncos. He also had the most 300-yard passing games (8) in team history.

Sounds like he was getting better!

Under Martz
1st year was the year he was sacked all over the place, including 9 times in the first half against the Giants.
2nd year he was injured the latter half of the year, despite going 7-3 to start the season and looking great.

Sounds like he was getting better there too.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
3rd year under Shanahan
Cutler finished the season with career-highs in passing completions (384), passing attempts (616), passing yards (4,526), passing touchdowns (25), interceptions (18), rushing attempts (57) and rushing touchdowns (2).[54] His passing yards, completions and attempts were all single-season franchise records for the Broncos. He also had the most 300-yard passing games (8) in team history.

Under Martz
1st year was the year he was sacked all over the place, including 9 times in the first half against the Giants.
2nd year he was injured the latter half of the year, despite going 7-3 to start the season and looking great.

So his improvement in year #2 of Trestman is why Tresticles was fired?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
3rd year under Shanahan
Cutler finished the season with career-highs in passing completions (384), passing attempts (616), passing yards (4,526), passing touchdowns (25), interceptions (18), rushing attempts (57) and rushing touchdowns (2).[54]

Inflated numbers due to lots of pass attempts.

That same season(2008) he set career lows(to that point) in: Comp%, TD%, AY/A and passer rating. He tied a career lows in Y/A and Y/C. His 2007 was better than his 2008.

Last edited:

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Good post and I hope that you are right. Cutler was better last year and whether he can show more improvement is going to be interesting. ANd how Loggains fits in will be a key. I do wish that Gase would have given Cutler more flexibility in the play callings because last year they were way too predictable/

Unfortunately, I believe Cutler will not be as good as last year because he lost two very good players from last year's offense(Forte and Bennett) and the O-Line took a step backwards once again in talent. Not to mention how very thin they are behind the starters. A whole lot has to go right for Cutler to thrive next season. Way too much to reasonably expect.

Gase actually wanted to take more shots downfield. It was Cutler who was more in favor of playing ball control. I can't remember which game it was, but the commentators were talking about it. It was during a shot of Gase and Cutler talking on the sideline.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
3rd year under Shanahan

The stats you've pointed out only show he got more reps, not that he was actually becoming a better QB.

He also threw many more int's hence why his Rating decreased.

Again, he regressed year after year under Shanahan.

Under Martz

His 7-3 record had a lot more to do with the defense setting record for stealing the ball and turning pick-6's. Because Cutlers stats actually were worse and I think we can all agree he wasn't a better QB.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter what you say or do to some of these idiots on this board - they will rage/hate against Cutler no matter what. It's a moot argument.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter what you say or do to some of these idiots on this board - they will rage/hate against Cutler no matter what. It's a moot argument.
They can blame you.

Washington

Liked Posts:
3rd year under Shanahan

25 TDs to 18 INTs proves the point of how mediocre Cutty has been his whole career. That is a terrible TD/INT ratio, hence the lower rating.