• Total voters

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the same two years Xuder is referring to, Forte gave us 3,779 yards and 22 TDs. So I'm not sure about the production. The age is the main thing.

I don't think the age is the main thing.I think the main thing is we already have Matt's replacement and without Alshon, we would have zero proven good receivers. I don't think we would really miss forte.

I would think it would be harder to decide which to keep out of Forte and Langford, when considering age and their contracts. If you could only keep one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the age is the main thing.I think the main thing is we already have Matt's replacement and without Alshon, we would have zero proven good receivers. I don't think we would really miss forte.

Exactly. Forte can be rather easily replaced. Jeffery, in about half a season, had nearly twice the yards as the next best WR.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Yeah, don't think anyone is mentioning you anywhere, ever...
I obviously was poking fun at myself. You take yourself way too seriously, Douchebag McGoatAssLicker

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I would think it would be harder to decide which to keep out of Forte and Langford, when considering age and their contracts. If you could only keep one.

That would be easy, Forte.

Remind me again why I'm supposed to be confident in the guy that delivered the highest dropped pass % on the team, while not even getting overly significant playing time? Also averaging under 4.0 ypc?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Remind me again why I'm supposed to be confident in the guy that delivered the highest dropped pass % on the team, while not even getting overly significant playing time? Also averaging under 4.0 ypc?

Because in the next few years he should be getting better every year he has not yet reached the prime of his career yet. Also over the next four years he will cost less than one year of forte

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Alshon. Forte be getting old

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Remind me again why I'm supposed to be confident in the guy that delivered the highest dropped pass % on the team, while not even getting overly significant playing time?

One of these things should go. Although I do believe he led the Bears in both drops and drop %. Your point would be better taken to remove the %. % doesn't care how many drops he had. If he dropped 1 out of 2, 50%, no big deal. If he dropped 50 out of 100, 50%. Now that's a big deal.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One of these things should go. Although I do believe he led the Bears in both drops and drop %. Your point would be better taken to remove the %. % doesn't care how many drops he had. If he dropped 1 out of 2, 50%, no big deal. If he dropped 50 out of 100, 50%. Now that's a big deal.

Not gonna be bothered with looking up stats cus I'm on mobile, but it was neither of these extremes. He didn't have 2 targets, or 100. Somewhere between, and either way, he led the team in dropped pass %. He might have even led the team in total dropped passes, but again, I can't check that atm.

And I'd wager my entire savings that 95% of those came on 10 yards or fewer attempts. Which just exemplifies my point that his hands are questionable at best.

One thing that some seem to forget about forte is his ability to make shit happen in the passing game.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also, his mediocre ypc? Why are we so confident in this guy?

Homer goggles are gr8.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not gonna be bothered with looking up stats cus I'm on mobile, but it was neither of these extremes. He didn't have 2 targets, or 100. Somewhere between, and either way, he led the team in dropped pass %. He might have even led the team in total dropped passes, but again, I can't check that atm.

And I'd wager my entire savings that 95% of those came on 10 yards or fewer attempts. Which just exemplifies my point that his hands are questionable at best.

One thing that some seem to forget about forte is his ability to make shit happen in the passing game.

Then you should have left off the 2nd piece that I bolded. Reckless use of numbers. In 1996 Chicago Bears Todd Sauerbrun and Conway led the team in passing percentage. (although, lol, they may have been better than the 4 Bears quarterbacks that played that season.)

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Then you should have left off the 2nd piece that I bolded. Reckless use of numbers. In 1996 Chicago Bears Todd Sauerbrun and Conway led the team in passing percentage. (although, lol, they may have been better than the 4 Bears quarterbacks that played that season.)

But this isn't an extreme case, like you stated as 1 of 2 being 50%. He had a decent amount of passes thrown his way.

What's your point?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Packer Fan doesn't think Forte is all that great. He feels he is no better than Ryan Grant. But we have had this discussion many times.

Langford showed some promise, but not to the point that he would replace Forte's production.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But this isn't an extreme case, like you stated as 1 of 2 being 50%. He had a decent amount of passes thrown his way.

What's your point?

Your statement of, "while not even getting overly significant playing time" made it an extreme case. Your point would have been better received without the percentage. The Percentage, and stating that he didn't all that much rendered your percentage pointless. Like mine with Sauerbrun and Conway. I had to look up his actual number of drops to see if the percentage even meant anything because of his limited opportunities that you pointed out.

My point, as I said, was your reckless use of numbers.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Packer Fan doesn't think Forte is all that great. He feels he is no better than Ryan Grant. But we have had this discussion many times.

Langford showed some promise, but not to the point that he would replace Forte's production.

I said Forte can rather easily be replaced. I don't know that that will be Langford. Although Langford filled in rather admirably. Not the dropoff that losing Jeffery would bring.

Regarding Grant, I do not need to compare their rushing numbers again over that time. Nor discuss Captain Checkdown having 636 targets in his career.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I said Forte can rather easily be replaced. I don't know that that will be Langford. Although Langford filled in rather admirably. Not the dropoff that losing Jeffery would bring.

Regarding Grant, I do not need to compare their rushing numbers again over that time. Nor discuss Captain Checkdown having 636 targets in his career.

No, you don't. Please.

I don't think Forte's production can be easily replaced at the RB position. But the team can become more balanced and rely on more players at different positions for that production.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Your statement of, "while not even getting overly significant playing time" made it an extreme case. Your point would have been better received without the percentage. The Percentage, and stating that he didn't all that much rendered your percentage pointless. Like mine with Sauerbrun and Conway. I had to look up his actual number of drops to see if the percentage even meant anything because of his limited opportunities that you pointed out.

My point, as I said, was your reckless use of numbers.

But they weren't reckless.. you don't have to receive significant playing time to receive significant targets and significant drops. Want a good example? Jeremy Langford of the 2015 chicago bears. Yay.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Probably forte, Cutler would hinder alshon from being great anyways.

Forte's sure tackling on interception returns will also help the defense and help prevent injuries to Cutler.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But they weren't reckless.. you don't have to receive significant playing time to receive significant targets and significant drops. Want a good example? Jeremy Langford of the 2015 chicago bears. Yay.

How do I know from your original statement that he received significant catchable balls or targets and significant drops without looking it up? All I knew was that he led the team in % without significant playing time. Reckless.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How do I know from your original statement that he received significant catchable balls or targets and significant drops without looking it up? All I knew was that he led the team in % without significant playing time. Reckless.

But if you were to look it up, you'd see that it wasn't reckless. But a legit reason of concern.

I don't think you have a point, but are more so interested in shifting the focus, for whatever reason. So back to the argument at hand, what has Langford accomplished that should instill confidence? Because we've already established that it isn't his horrid drop %, nor his less than mediocre ypc...

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Probably forte, Cutler would hinder alshon from being great anyways.

You do realize Alshon's stats with Cutler throwing to him is why he's a star now and in the conversation of potential franchise tag in the first place. If not for his own injuries, he was well on his way to having another 1000 yrd season. Possibly his most productive yet.