Franchise tag

crazybear2

Liked Posts:
Now that Cutler and Jennings have long term contracts, is there anyone u use the tag on? I say use it on Tillman or he's tampa bound.

RaeRaeBear

Liked Posts:
I think he will be Tampa bound as well. I am not sure about using the franchise tag on him though. There is speculation that the Bucs would cut Revis because he doesn't fit in Lovie's scheme. If that happens Tillman for sure will probably go. There is no other player that is worth the franchise tag except maybe Wooten.

Bearsweatherman

Liked Posts:
I love tillman but what is the price for tagging a cb? If it is too high there is no way they spend that much money on a guy who is in the twilight of his great career

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could still hit Melton with it........I wouldn't sign him to a contract until he plays.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Mannely.. It may actually work to pay him cheaper than his normal price.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

crazybear2

Liked Posts:
Mannely.. It may actually work to pay him cheaper than his normal price.

Very good point! the guy no one ever talks about- I wonder what the tag numbers would be?

Stalin828

Liked Posts:
It only makes sense for Tillman or Melton. I imagine Melton gets a 1 year deal. We need to see updated cap numbers after these signings. It isn't unreasonable to think we will have enough money left over that the franchise tag won't hurt us. In that case, I would rather extend BMarsh with a front loaded contract, though.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very good point! the guy no one ever talks about- I wonder what the tag numbers would be?

I believe he signs near the vet min anyway....I think he is listed as a lineman...I don't know if LS is official for tag purposes...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not one single free agent we have is worth what the tag pays that position!!!!

FrenchieBully

Liked Posts:
Doesn't the tag get higher for Melton since we already tagged him once?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I believe he signs near the vet min anyway....I think he is listed as a lineman...I don't know if LS is official for tag purposes...

No reason to not make it so now and he has been paid more than that, his cap hit is generally around 1million... But he is actually not the highest paid. Cinci and Oakland have the highest paid LSers

Moose27

Liked Posts:
Only person that might be worth tagging is Wooten otherwise I wouldn't bother tagging anyone. If Pat wants to come back I believe he will. Why would he want to move on to a different team after being with the Bears since 1998? He would probably just retire instead of going to a new team.