Fred, get JA Adande on your podcast.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Matt: (chicago) [via mobile]: Am I in the "Adande Lounge?" I know this isnt a playoff question but if you were the Bulls would you keep Ben Gordon or Kirk Hinrich? And why.

SportsNation J.A. Adande: I wouldn't keep both. With them it wasn't quite enough to get past Boston, and then you can hope Rose will grow and take and make some of the shots Gordon did next year, plus Luol Deng comes back from injury.

This is one of the dumbest things I've read this offseason. Because the Bulls weren't quite good enough to get past Boston (although a correct call in Game 5 may have changed that), they should get rid of their best player? Not only that, they should get rid of a good sixth man on top of that? I guess if you're goal is to win the lottery again, this would be a step in the right direction.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Matt: (chicago) [via mobile]: Am I in the "Adande Lounge?" I know this isnt a playoff question but if you were the Bulls would you keep Ben Gordon or Kirk Hinrich? And why.

SportsNation J.A. Adande: I wouldn't keep both. With them it wasn't quite enough to get past Boston, and then you can hope Rose will grow and take and make some of the shots Gordon did next year, plus Luol Deng comes back from injury.

This is one of the dumbest things I've read this offseason. Because the Bulls weren't quite good enough to get past Boston (although a correct call in Game 5 may have changed that), they should get rid of their best player? Not only that, they should get rid of a good sixth man on top of that? I guess if you're goal is to win the lottery again, this would be a step in the right direction.

He didn't say he'd get rid of Gordon, he said he wouldn't keep both.

I wouldn't keep both long term either. The Bulls will also not keep both long term. I don't see what's so crazy about that opinion.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
It's clear that he meant that he wouldn't retain either of them on the team. He clearly, at the least, wants Gordon gone, as he is talking about Rose taking some of Gordon's shots next year.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
You know how we can solve this, by drafting Tyreke Evans and not re-sign Ben Gordon. then, trade Hinrich for Joel of Portland and call it a day. I'm tired of people arguing over whom should stay. This discussion will never go away. If it were up to me, I would just start from scratch. I would build around Rose, Noah, and Ty.Thomas. Rose is a premier Point Guard. Noah certainly is a rare breed at Center, his ability to move with agility, block shots, and decent strength seeks possible space to improve even more, which is intriguing. So Noah is a keeper. Tyrus Thomas clearly showed spurt of progression. His attitude improved, and he started to shoot the ball in the shaded lane with consistency. I think all he needs to do is find some go-to moves like a sky hook or something. He certainly needs to inquire about a big man coach for this summer. Great thing about Tyrus is he already mastered a part of his game. His shot-blocking stands out.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
You know how we can solve this, by drafting Tyreke Evans and not re-sign Ben Gordon. then, trade Hinrich for Joel of Portland and call it a day. I'm tired of people arguing over whom should stay. This discussion will never go away. If it were up to me, I would just start from scratch. I would build around Rose, Noah, and Ty.Thomas. Rose is a premier Point Guard. Noah certainly is a rare breed at Center, his ability to move with agility, block shots, and decent strength seeks possible space to improve even more, which is intriguing. So Noah is a keeper. Tyrus Thomas clearly showed spurt of progression. His attitude improved, and he started to shoot the ball in the shaded lane with consistency. I think all he needs to do is find some go-to moves like a sky hook or something. He certainly needs to inquire about a big man coach for this summer. Great thing about Tyrus is he already mastered a part of his game. His shot-blocking stands out.

that seems like a terrible idea

not signing gordon seems scary. Trading hinrich for a back up center seems like a bad idea. i'd rather have hinrich. A backcourt of Noah, Tyrus, and Pryzbilla sounds like it's an offensive nightmare. We might as well trade up to draft thabeet.

why would you rebuild around rose when you have quality players that you've already drafted? Why would you rebuild around noah and tyrus? this isn't a video game where these players are guaranteed to mature into great players. Noah has the body of pf. If he develops some strength, there might be some truth to what you said. Tyrus proved he's a bench player. A better version of the birdman. Great thing about tyrus is his lack of defense. his 'sucking' coach must be a master, because tyrus is a master at sucking.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
"J.A. don't like Gordon, sic 'em!" What the hell! Before you let the dogs out...

J.A. might be looking at the size of the backcourt and saying, no, wouldn't work. I wish we could find someone with Hinrich and Gordon's skills that would be great but unfortunately, no one is out there. So one will have to go, soon.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
[/quote]A backcourt of Noah, Tyrus, and Pryzbilla sounds like it's an offensive nightmare. [/quote]

Yeah it would be. Considering they're all FRONTcourt players.

But I do agree it's not a good idea. You don't start from scratch after you made the playoffs and pushed the defending champs to the brink of elimination. Rose stays, that's a given, obviously. Noah is a keeper, his play during the last 2 months of the regular season and the playoffs have finally shown everyone the type of player I knew he was coming out of Florida. Miller and Salmons are now an integral part of this team. Management said it at the beginning of the season, they were building a team around Rose, and wanted to find players who fit well around him. No one fit better with Rose than BG, so he needs to be resigned. Not having BG back will certainly hinder Rose's development because he's the only player other than Rose that consistently draws a double team.

This team is headed in the right direction. As much as I hate giving up on potential, I think Tyrus' ship has sailed here in Chicago. Maybe someday he will eventually get it, but his utter lack of consistency and hustle has sealed his fate. He will not be a Bull next year. I'd hate losing Kirk, because he embodies the spirit of this great city, and has made great strides in becoming a vocal leader for the team. But his trade value is high and could possibly bring us a big name frontcourt player in a package deal.

Adande was right. You don't keep both Kirk and BG. But you don't get rid of both of them either, and if you keep one, it's BG, no questions asked.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
It's clear that he meant that he wouldn't retain either of them on the team. He clearly, at the least, wants Gordon gone, as he is talking about Rose taking some of Gordon's shots next year.

I didn't go read anything else he wrote, but that's certainly not clear from what he said. The "Rose will take some of Gordon's shots" could imply Gordon will be the one staying, since if he's not here, then he won't have any shots to lose.

Either way, he clearly didn't say or imply that they should both go.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:

Good chance Evans is off the board already, and he's not going to come in and replace Hinrich or Gordon immediately. No one we can draft is going to do that in all honesty.

hfritz32

Liked Posts:
I dont think thats what he ment. Dont hate on J.A Adande, he is one of the best NBA guys espn has and is respected around the league. I believe he just meant one of them has to go which I agree with. You cant have them both and expect to get frontcourt help. He is not saying he would rather have Hinrich over Gordon he is just saying this team wont be going anywhere if they keep the same squad together

2ndcitydiehard

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:

Listen I understand that losing BG would suck but why do so many people on this board act like it'd be impossible to construct and offense that doesn't include him?

Yes, he is a unique player in his ability to shoot and make difficult shots and hit 3s. But if you look around the NBA hitting a high % of 3s is no longer quite the anommally it once was. I don't say that to peg Gordon as only a 3pt shooter but it's a huge part of what he adds to the team. The ability to stretch the defense and score with great efficency from behind the arc.

So why couldn't Rose take on more of the scoring load? Why couldn't they replace Ben with a cheaper SG who's better defensively and can still shoot 3's (Anthony Parker anyone?) and move more of a scoring load to Rose and a potential front-court player or a healthy Deng?

I am not saying it's easy or ideal but people need to stop acting like it's impossible.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
I would trade Hinrich and our 16th pick to Dallas for Josh Howard. That way, Bulls will be in a position to resign Gordon with Howard coming off the books in 2010. We could make Howard our sixth man.

2ndcitydiehard

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
I would trade Hinrich and our 16th pick to Dallas for Josh Howard. That way, Bulls will be in a position to resign Gordon with Howard coming off the books in 2010. We could make Howard our sixth man.

I am pretty sure Dallas can get more than that for Howard. And more importantly if Cuban is insistent on keeping the Mavs relevant through the end of Dirk's time with the team they can't afford to get that little for him.