Free Agency: GAME ON! (Post Bears Signings Here)

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 33s

Bears have agreed to terms with S Ryan Mundy on a two-year contract, team announced.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
So you got 1 with Hardin and 3 to be determined's (spell check)

Shea-Mac is undetermined in your mind? I would gladly take a 5th round pick for him, screw that, 6th round pick 2017.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team is going in the wrong direction. I promise you the Bears will never play a playoff game while Emery is the GM. The only way for this team is down.

Sigged for quality

Nick80

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 33s

Bears have agreed to terms with S Ryan Mundy on a two-year contract, team announced.

6-10 next year then?

:troll:

:rimshot:

tumblr_m5kokx3pwE1ryt9dxo1_250.gif

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Frey was either a 6th or 7th round pick which makes him a really good draft pick.

he won't even see the field if/when we get a legit nickel.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its Cliff Fucking Stein. Get it right fucker.

Reactions: WCL

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I 100% agree with you on this.

I swear it's Phillip Daniels 2.0. He won't get more than 5-7 sacks a season and everyone sings praises of how big of a signing this is. AWESOME for the run D. But last I checked the Bears still don't have a damn pass rushing DE. God damn it pisses me off they aren't hitting up Allen. Yeah, I get it I've talked about him too much. But often does a guy with double digits sacks pretty much every year come on the market? He has another solid 2 years in him. Shit, the Bears should be all ove Demarcus Ware too.

This move wasn't supposed to fill the rush need. It gives the Bears flexibility on defense. The Bears will likely still add some pass rush for outside of Houston.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@kfishbain: Favorite Ryan Mundy stat: He hasn't missed a game in 5 NFL seasons. Ranked by @PFF as 37th best safety in 2013.

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
Meh, I didn't see much talent there. He is filler, decent late-round value but not a talent that underscores Phil's drafting prowess.

Filler? He got a good amount of PT last year and played great. He was one of the few brights spots this past year for the defense.

Sentinel

Liked Posts:
he won't even see the field if/when we get a legit nickel.

Frey played the nickel well and was in his second year.

Jesus christ you guys are a bunch of idiots. "Why aren't our rookies all becoming elite players in week 2 of the preseason? Emery's head is mine!"

He's a late pick, we're not expecting him to be a stud. We're expecting him to be a nickel corner, which he has shown flashes of being able to do.

How to run a franchise for dummies:

Step 1 : Draft players
STEP 2: DEVELOP DRAFTED PLAYERS
Step 3 : Overpay free agents at positions you couldn't address in the draft

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is a solid SS that will be more consistent, durable and physical than Major Wright.

The move is not going to light anyone on fire, but it will cost them very little and keep them connected to Melton and Tillman.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
@kfishbain: Favorite Ryan Mundy stat: He hasn't missed a game in 5 NFL seasons. Ranked by @PFF as 37th best safety in 2013.

Meh.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Actually that's a pretty good comparison. He probably will be Daniels 2.0
Yep. Daniels-6' 5 300. Houston-6'3 300. Both are power rushers. Both use bull rush as primary move. Both move to DT on 3rd downs. Both excellent against run and good for 5-7 sacks a season.

It's a decent pickup but the Bears are seriously lacking in the actual pass rush department . They need a consistent speed pass rusher and this move won't help that level at all, but it'll help the run. I think the run D could have been fixed with guys like Vance walker and pat sims.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

That right there makes it a nice move for the Bears.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Frey played the nickel well and was in his second year.

Jesus christ you guys are a bunch of idiots. "Why aren't our rookies all becoming elite players in week 2 of the preseason? Emery's head is mine!"

He's a late pick, we're not expecting him to be a stud. We're expecting him to be a nickel corner, which he has shown flashes of being able to do.

How to run a franchise for dummies:

Step 1 : Draft players
STEP 2: DEVELOP DRAFTED PLAYERS
Step 3 : Overpay free agents at positions you couldn't address in the draft

Hey newbie, STFU, your post is fucktarded and the straw-man arguments don't work here. Wait, nvm, actually they seem to work all the time.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Filler? He got a good amount of PT last year and played great. He was one of the few brights spots this past year for the defense.

Good point, what would our defense have been last year without his contributions of zero INTs and zero passes defended?

chitownbears88

CSS Resident Curtis Enis
Liked Posts:
Hey newbie, STFU, your post is fucktarded and the straw-man arguments don't work here. Wait, nvm, actually they seem to work all the time.

Did he fit a need? Yes. Was he a value pick? Yes.

He was a 6th round pick for fuck sake. What do you want from him?