Free Agency news - 2020

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
The Bears will likely lose out on the bidding war for Hooper to the Pack. Pace doesn't have the cap space to go toe to toe with them and any chance at Hooper taking a similarly competitive bid from the Bears will likely favor the Pack as he is going to look at the QB situation. Who would he rather have throwing at him, Rodgers or Mitch and likely an eventual unknown replacement stepping in?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears will likely lose out on the bidding war for Hooper to the Pack. Pace doesn't have the cap space to go toe to toe with them and any chance at Hooper taking a similarly competitive bid from the Bears will likely favor the Pack as he is going to look at the QB situation. Who would he rather have throwing at him, Rodgers or Mitch and likely an eventual unknown replacement stepping in?
He’s going to sign with the bears bc of Matt fucking Nagy

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
He’s going to sign with the bears bc of Matt fucking Nagy
I hope you're right that he somehow values Nagy higher than I do at this point and maybe Nagy's leadership shows up better in person than watching from afar, but I can't imagine Nagy leading a bottom ranked offense in '19-'20 is going to be a big check mark in the "pros" column for Hooper when comparing offers.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Green Bay has less cap space than the Bears plus Bulaga and Martinez (and Tramon Williams perhaps) to sign and no obvious impact cuts to make. Not like they will just be able to get whoever they want.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Silver lining would be the Hooper signing pushing the Pack out of the Nick K sweepstakes?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Silver lining would be the Hooper signing pushing the Pack out of the Nick K sweepstakes?
Kwiatkowski sweepstakes? He is going to be like paying $20 for a school fundraiser lottery ticket when those kids come to your door and you forget to check the peep hole, then finding out you have won the grand prize of season tickets to the high school theater productions. Then you toss the prize in the garbage to save your Saturday nights and your wife finds them, drags them out and starts shopping for expensive dresses for the Spring season shows.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kwiatkowski sweepstakes? He is going to be like paying $20 for a school fundraiser lottery ticket when those kids come to your door and you forget to check the peep hole, then finding out you have won the grand prize of season tickets to the high school theater productions. Then you toss the prize in the garbage to save your Saturday nights and your wife finds them, drags them out and starts shopping for expensive dresses for the Spring season shows.
Hes a better option in 2020 than Danny and he will have other suitors. So yes ”sweepstakes“.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Other than Rodgers and more $$$ what does green bay have to offer Hooper? Imagine passing up an opportunity to club dub dance with lil tarik 6-8 times next year to play in green bay.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member