HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Math is witchcraft for a cretin like DB70.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am sure they manage the cap in excel or some comparable program.

Luke

Liked Posts:
the abacus must be on the blink

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
ProFootballTalk reports the Jaguars are "exploring their quarterback options" in free agency.

The Jaguars have Blake Bortles under control through 2019, but his fifth-year option is guaranteed for injury only. Assuming he can pass a physical, Jacksonville can shed his entire $19 million salary to make a run at a free agent. The Jaguars have been linked to Kirk Cousins and may view Sam Bradford, Case Keenum, and Teddy Bridgewater as upgrades on Bortles. There should be more clarity on Jacksonville's quarterback situation after next week's Combine.

I hear M.Glennon is out there to be traded for. Someone call Coughlin.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It really is simple math.

You can learn this stuff instead of staring in awe of what every team does as being some sort of magic. They have entire sites devoted to learning the salary cap and the rules and restrictions.

That isn't where you go to get your false info from like when you posted that Landry had 14 fumbles or where you got your info about how there's no way Landry can work in the Nagy offense is it? Wait a minute......is that where you took your couch GM classes? LOL

Mitchapalooza

Dabears70, no offense but are you really trying to say the teams know more about the cap than fans? afaik it's public knowledge and simple math. It's not hard to figure out.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Dabears70, no offense but are you really trying to say the teams know more about the cap than fans? afaik it's public knowledge and simple math. It's not hard to figure out.

I was more trying to make the point about how teams have more ways to create cap space and how if Miami wanted to keep Landry that they could find ways to do that even though Windy and a few others don't think they could if they wanted to. Windy said there's only two ways for them to do it with one cutting Suh and the only other way would be to restructure every other player on the team besides Suh. I disagree that that's the only two ways and when fans try acting like they know more about these things then they really do it's annoying. These teams create money all the time that fans didn't think they could. Nobody thought the Bears would of been able to sign Jared Allen but they did, that's just one small example but i remember how everyone was shocked when that signing was announced but all they did was move some money around to create, i think it was like $7 or $10 mil but whatever it was it was done pretty easily.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would talk to Miami to see what they want for Landry. If they want too much, pass.

Re-sign Fuller. Sign Trumaine Johnson.

Get another WR, like Wilson. I liked Inman, so re-sign him. In fact, we should load up on WRs for camp and make it a big competition. I don't care if we waste money in the process - we need the best set of receivers possible for Trubisky for Year 2. Draft one or two as well.

Keep loading up on the OL, make improvements.

TE needs depth. Cut Sims, get someone else like Burton, who I liked. I feel like we are a few key pieces from being 8-8, and a few game-changing players from being playoffs. I think you can get those guys, particularly in the LB and DL positions in the draft.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Is the entire NFL CBA public knowledge? If it isn't then NFL teams would have to know more than fans. But I don't know if 100% of the rules and regulations are available for public consumption?

Mitchapalooza

I was more trying to make the point about how teams have more ways to create cap space and how if Miami wanted to keep Landry that they could find ways to do that even though Windy and a few others don't think they could if they wanted to. Windy said there's only two ways for them to do it with one cutting Suh and the only other way would be to restructure every other player on the team besides Suh. I disagree that that's the only two ways and when fans try acting like they know more about these things then they really do it's annoying. These teams create money all the time that fans didn't think they could. Nobody thought the Bears would of been able to sign Jared Allen but they did, that's just one small example but i remember how everyone was shocked when that signing was announced but all they did was move some money around to create, i think it was like $7 or $10 mil but whatever it was it was done pretty easily.

gotcha, all good.

Is the entire NFL CBA public knowledge? If it isn't then NFL teams would have to know more than fans. But I don't know if 100% of the rules and regulations are available for public consumption?

yeah I worded that poorly. I mean obviously a team would know more since it's their team but I meant the public knowledge cap stuff. my fault.

Mitchapalooza

btw is it still unknown what the Rams gave up for Peters? been a day now, I thought it'd leak.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Windy and DaBears70, you gotta stop with this nerd fight, it's getting embarrassing for both of you.

We know Windy thinks he's the Cap guru, and we also know DaBears70 thinks Pace can do no wrong, it's all right.

:beer:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think the obvious point is that it would be difficult for Miami to make it work and by difficult I mean, they would have to sacrifice in other areas. I don't think anyone is saying there is literally just two ways to create cap space. I think they are saying they don't think it would be worth it for Miami which is why even their beat reporters think the plan is for Miami to trade Landry.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, the Bills "were trying to get involved last year" in a trade for Martavis Bryant.

We assume this happened around the trade deadline when Bryant voiced his desire to leave Pittsburgh when he lost his starting job to JuJu Smith-Schuster. Fowler believes teams came to the Steelers offering a fourth-rounder, but it wasn't enough in Pittsburgh's eyes. Fowler, however, does think a second- or high third-rounder could get the deal done this offseason. Bryant's contract expires after 2018, and he isn't expected to accept a long-term deal with the Steelers due to his desire to be a No. 1 receiver. That obviously isn't happening with the Steelers.
Related: Bills

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Steelers are high thinking they are gonna get a 2nd/high 3rd for Bryant. Jimmy G only got a 2nd, and he is a stud. Bryant is a headcase likely to be suspended again. Unless he can be had for free (UFA), no team should offer more than a 6th for a guy who will bolt to the highest bidder next offseason anyway.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would talk to Miami to see what they want for Landry. If they want too much, pass.

Re-sign Fuller. Sign Trumaine Johnson.

Get another WR, like Wilson. I liked Inman, so re-sign him. In fact, we should load up on WRs for camp and make it a big competition. I don't care if we waste money in the process - we need the best set of receivers possible for Trubisky for Year 2. Draft one or two as well.

Keep loading up on the OL, make improvements.

TE needs depth. Cut Sims, get someone else like Burton, who I liked. I feel like we are a few key pieces from being 8-8, and a few game-changing players from being playoffs. I think you can get those guys, particularly in the LB and DL positions in the draft.

You know how much of our cap it would take to sign both K.Fuller and T.Johnson? I'm thinking somewhere around $25 mil to get both. It would be great to have to top CB's in our secondary to go with A.Amos and E.Jackson but not sure Pace would spend that much. I can see him signing one and then getting a R.Melvin or that type for the other side. E.Donatell has done very well with whatever CB's we've had so i trust he'll get the best out of whoever we have back there.

I'm starting to really like the idea of signing a S.Richardson or getting M.Wilkerson to go with Goldman and Hicks in the middle. Fangio likes having guys that can get to the QB on the inside and it's not only about getting that pressure from our OLB's on the outside. We could just bring L.Houston back and bring in a J.Attoachu or another OLB like him that we can get at a good price or on a prove yourself deal, then draft one in the early rounds.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the obvious point is that it would be difficult for Miami to make it work and by difficult I mean, they would have to sacrifice in other areas. I don't think anyone is saying there is literally just two ways to create cap space. I think they are saying they don't think it would be worth it for Miami which is why even their beat reporters think the plan is for Miami to trade Landry.

I agree and also have said that i think they tagged him to trade him but Windy made it pretty clear what he thinks are the only two ways they could clear the money to keep him if need be. I never said it wouldn't be easy or if they were ever planning on keeping him. Either way it should be interesting to see who's in on him and who ponies up enough to get him. Have a feeling it's not gonna be Chicago or Baltimore and ends up being like a Buffalo or Clev or San Fran or a team that's not even being talked about yet.