Free Agency news

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Mewhort back to the Colts at $1.5mil, 1 year.

That seems like a risk worth taking for the Bears.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Nelson is prime Kyle Long on Steroids.

Baldinger sounds like he wants to have "sexual relations" with Nelson.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quarterbacks love them some o-line.

MOAR BEEF BLOK!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

Kyle

Verified account

@Ky1eLong

yall racist we racist they racist fuck it, lets be honest none of yall wanna be friends lol. i only have teammates

What the......

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think people need to stop acting like they know what kind of player Cam is yet. He's played one year for us and that's without teams having any game tape to watch with him. The 2nd year for receivers is where you find out what they really are IMO cause teams now do have tape to watch of that player to know what he likes to do and how he plays. I'm as big a Meredith fan as anyone cause he was a good UDFA find for R.Pace and played very well for us but there's no way to know how good or bad he will be when he's back to good health and that's if he is back to 100% health with that serious injury he went through. I know some like to play Mr Cleo on here but until we see him playing again it's hard to know what he'll be.

You literally just told Les Grossman that Meredith is a good route runner that can go up and get it and is similar to Robinson yet you're telling everyone else to stop acting like they know what type of player Meredith is??? I guess you're the only one who knows huh?

Hammer

Liked Posts:
I was trying to find context to that tweet but Twitter and I don't exactly mesh.

Just hope he didn't start doing drugs again :smug2:

Btw. considering this WR thing, all of you are complicating thing waaaaay too much, Bears will pick up Meredith's deal, draft another wideout in 4th round and that's it considering the WR unit (Robinson, Meredith, Gabriel, 4th round rookie, White, Bellamy).

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Luke

Liked Posts:
Nelson will NOT fall to us, if he does it's a no brainer then

I think there's a strong possibility that Nelson will be there at 8 if four quarterbacks and Barkley go in the top five. Indy takes Chubb, Bucs go best db.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You literally just told Les Grossman that Meredith is a good route runner that can go up and get it and is similar to Robinson yet you're telling everyone else to stop acting like they know what type of player Meredith is??? I guess you're the only one who knows huh?

I know what he did for us in 2016 but have no idea what he'll be when he comes back from this injury and when other teams have tape on him. Do you get it now or do you need time to let that settle in your brain first? Let me know if you do? If i did say i know what he'll be for us next year or beyond then can you please show me where because i don't remember it?

LITERALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Thank you

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
NFL Update

@MySportsUpdate
3m3 minutes ago

The 49ers, Cardinals and Chargers are proposing a rule that west coast teams have no more than three 10:00am games on their schedule. (So when a west coast teams travels to east or central time zones, they’d only be allowed 3 games a season starting at 1 EST/10 PST).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know what he did for us in 2016 but have no idea what he'll be when he comes back from this injury and when other teams have tape on him. Do you get it now or do you need time to let that settle in your brain first? Let me know if you do? If i did say i know what he'll be for us next year or beyond then can you please show me where because i don't remember it?

LITERALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Thank you

It is one thing to say you know what he did for us in the past but you went beyond that and claimed to know the specific skills and attributes he currently possess despite then telling everyone else we must wait and see what he becomes. If we need to wait and see then so do you since again you don't know how he will recover from the injury or how teams will gameplan for him now that they have tape.

I have to say that i disagree with this. Meredith is not a better route runner then A.Rob but is a good route runner and Meredith can go up and get it.

I see those two as being pretty damn similar.

Perhaps we should go over past vs present tense. The bold is you saying that Meredith is currently a good route running who can go up and get it. But once again you don't know that. You know what he once was before the injury and before teams had tape on him. So if you are going to browbeat other people about not knowing what Cam currently is post injury and post teams having tape on him then the above post should have been in past not present tense. Since it is in present tense you are doing the very thing you chastise others about by making claims about who Meredith currently is despite not knowing about his recovery or how he will perform in the future.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo
35s35 seconds ago

Lions are signing former Titans DT Sylvester Williams, source confirms @CameronWolfe report. Detroit addressing their DL needs.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo
35s35 seconds ago

Lions are signing former Titans DT Sylvester Williams, source confirms @CameronWolfe report. Detroit addressing their DL needs.

Here comes the second wave of signings...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
NFL Update

@MySportsUpdate
3m3 minutes ago

The 49ers, Cardinals and Chargers are proposing a rule that west coast teams have no more than three 10:00am games on their schedule. (So when a west coast teams travels to east or central time zones, they’d only be allowed 3 games a season starting at 1 EST/10 PST).

Don't have a problem with that. There is science behind it that the body of these athletes isn't ready for game play far outside of the time its accustomed to be playing.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meredith is not worth more then 5M period. IMHO his fair market value is 3.5M. I just don’t see him getting that many targets in this offense.

ARob will get 125-150 targets and Gabriel will be the 2nd most targeted. Then either Cohen, Burton, or Shaheen should get the 3rd most targets.

Which leaves Meredith, White, one of the three that is nit the 3rd most targeted to fight for targets.

Meredith is likely to be the 4th or 5th most targeted receiver. If he gets 50 targets that would be good. NO WAY is that production worth 5M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabriel will not get anywhere near the targets that Meredith will.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Meredith is off to Baltimore.

I don’t seem their broke asses as a real threat.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said he was a jump ball WR. I very clearly said he can go up and get it. If you watch his game tape from the 2016 season you'll see how he's really good at high pointing the ball which is actually a drill they use at the combine. I'm not saying he's A.Jefferies or J.Jones and goes up and takes it away from the defender but don't really think A.Rob is either even though i'm sure both could win some jump balls every now and again. Either way i still see them as somewhat similar receivers and still disagree with you saying Meredith is a better route runner then A.Rob is. Meredith runs good routes but A.Rob is better at route running.

A Rob is like Alshon, neither get any separation, but they consistently win the contested balls. They are always open even though they are never really that open.

Last edited: