Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That's not good for CHI maybe, now SF would be looking at QB in the draft.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Allen worries me a little bit. Knowing Andy Reid he knows how important the OL is and is committed to the position group. From my Philly days it wasn't often they let an OL walk in free agency that went on to have a great career with another team.

It just never happened.

I'm not trying to ruin your FA time, just to temper the expectations.

For what it's worth, Allen was ranked 7th overall at Guard by PFF. Pass Blocking was 77.4 and run blocking 88.8.

I agree, but they choose to keep other player over Allen. Hear me out. If Andy Reid, a former OL and offensvie guy, had limited cap space why would he choose to resign Tamba Hali over Allen? My conclusion is that Reid had to pick one and went with Hali because he's the better player.

Even if that were true, Pass Rushers are generally a more valuable position than OG so the fact he chose Hali over Allen doesn't mean Allen sucks. It just means that Reid is smart enough to value a pass rusher more than an OG. Hali for what it's worth was the 11th rated edge defender per PFF so a comparable player or better at a higher premium position.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thoughts on Russell Okung? I believe he's going to be a FA.

Peppers said one time he was going to eat that fool. He then proceeded to eat him. But that was when Peppers cared in Chicago

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
God I hope the Broncos don't jump back in on Trevathan.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:

mush.jpg
[/url] screen capture freeware[/IMG]

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Kaepernick's salary hits are right around 15-16m a year right?

They'd still need Osweiler's money for Kaepernick unless they want to go full crazy mode and bank on RG3 for cheaper.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not too worried yet....., specially with Brock gone, their win now window looks like it may have just closed, where as the Bears could be viewed as just starting to open. Plus I would assume Bears would still offer more $$$.

Ya figure that if his heart was in DEN he wouldn't have been talking about possibly coming to the Bears at the Super bowl.

#Fingerscrossed

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

They'd still need Osweiler's money for Kaepernick unless they want to go full crazy mode and bank on RG3 for cheaper.

No NFL team is looking at RGIII as a starter. He's been on the market for two days and there is zero interest in him.

Mitchapalooza

No NFL team is looking at RGIII as a starter. He's been on the market for two days and there is zero interest in him.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 14m14 minutes ago
With Brock Osweiler off to Houston, RGIII is on Broncos' list of replacement quarterbacks, per source. Could be visiting Denver.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This year, it's around $16 mil. About $2.5M of that looks like prorated bonus money, so that wouldn't hit Denver's cap.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
The #Eagles signing G Brandon Brooks to a 5-year, $40M, source said.

Jeff Allen to Bears?