Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Mitchapalooza

Mike GarafoloVerified account
‏@MikeGarafolo
Take two on that deal for Texans OL Jeff Allen: four years, $28m, $14m in the first year. Misread a text. My bad on that.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Jesus. $14 mil upfront? What the hell is going on? No wonder Pace wants no part of this. It's insane.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Look at what Osweiller got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Danny Trevathan
‏@Grindin_59
Uhh ohhh ��lol

Mitchapalooza

Danny Trevathan ‏@Grindin_59 2m2 minutes ago
Uhh ohhh ��lol

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Not that I want Pace to go out and overspend on FAs, but I'm getting the feeling the good FAs are avoiding the Bears like a plague since they know they are in full rebuild mode. Cutler is gone after this season which also puts a giant question mark on the direction the team will be going. Most FAs are going to consider the stability of the franchise in their decisions. Bears simply have none right now.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
To have as many holes to fill and as much cap to spend as we do, if Pace comes out of FA with only 1 solid long term solution.....disappointing.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is. And has been since he got here. It's a long term plan for success that does not include dramatically over spending for average to above average football players. Have some patience. He's not going to overspend, he'll make his offers, and if they don't want to take them, he'll play the secondary market.

While I am with you for the most part, should have a player or two locked up by now, specially a guy like Allen who didn't get over paid...I mean its one thing if he just doesn't want to come to Bears, Pace obviously cant make him... or any other player come... but hope they aren't being so stubborn to think they are 'too good' to over pay even a little for somebody if it that's what it takes to get a deal done.

Given his track record last year he did a lot of work in the secondary market, and how well did that pay off? Jenkins? Acho? Ducasse {cringe} ..... besides those secondary guys and maybe Porter, McPhee looks like the only real worth while signing last off season.

Sam Acho LB Signed/Unrest FA - One-year contract (through 2015) 4/1
Jacquizz Rodgers RB Signed/Unrest FA - One-year contract (through 2015) 3/31
Alan Ball CB Signed/Unrest FA - One-year contract (through 2015) 3/27
Ray McDonald DE Signed - One-year contract (through 2015) 3/27
Mason Foster LB Signed/Unrest FA - One-year contract (through 2015) 3/25
Jarvis Jenkins DE Signed/Unrest FA - One-year contract (through 2015) 3/24
Dante Rosario TE Re-Signed/Unrest FA - One-year contract (through 2015) 3/19
Thomas Gafford C Signed/Unrest FA - One-year contract (through 2015) 3/18
Vladimir Ducasse G Signed/Unrest FA - One-year contract (through 2015) 3/16
Eddie Royal WR Signed/Unrest FA - Three-year contract (through 2017) 3/11
Antrel Rolle S Signed/Unrest FA - Three-year contract (through 2017) 3/11
Pernell McPhee LB Signed/Unrest FA - Five-year contract (through 2019) 3/11

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Might as well go all in on Olivier Vernon, fuck it. Give him whatever he wants, I think he's worth it. Just get our RG/CB in the draft.