LB Michael Wilhoite [Fangio]
S Donte Whitner [Fangio]
S Dahson Goldson [Fangio]
S Rafael Bush [Pace]
CB Kayvon Webster [Fox]

Rumored Connections

CB A.J Bouye
S Tony Jefferson

Kayvon Webster is an intriguing CB option if we miss out on Bouye/Gilmore. Former 3rd round pick, had a decent rookie season with limited playing time, but has been buried behind DEN's talented secondary ever since. Maybe there's something there, price should be fairly low.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
For the money? Yeah probably. But something about me really loves the potential of Goldman at DE rather than NT. I think it'll make one of the best players on the team more productive and can potentially allow him to stay healthier getting away from the double-team maulers on the inside.

I made the point about keeping Goldman healthier by getting a 2 down NT a while ago. There are a few solid ones in FA: Poe, Brandon Williams, Bennie Logan, and I think Johnathan Hankins as well.

Add in Guy, Odrick, Baker, and DL is one of the only FA positions where the Bears can probably get pretty good value for a starter.

Chris

Liked Posts:
Think the players available in FA should fill a few needs! There is a real chance that the Bears can really improve their secondary and get a replacement WR that could offer more production at a lower price than Jeffrey, someone like Kendall Wright (Based on his yards under Loggains - who's lucky to be retained IMO).

The more I think about it the more id try get a QB in the draft, maybe by trading down, don't think any QB's are worth 3rd overall, either via a trade or in the draft.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Offseaon moves FA edition

Notable Cuts
Cutler
Royal(e with cheese)
Houston
Unrein
Porter

D.j swearinger - can play either Safety spot plays with a nasty attitude hits like a truck and is always near the ball had a great coverage rating will be 26 beginning of season. Est 7 mill a year

Calais Campbell - something tells me he'll play as long as the julius peppers james harrisons of our generation so signing him to a 4 year deal would be a great move for the bears front 3 and he is coming into his prime based off his play last season. Est 12.5 mill a year

Lawrence Guy - top 10 run defender from all dline positions and a rotational guy he'll replace unrein had a 4.5 sack season as such player so worth the pickup even if 5 mill a year sounds likes too much. Est 4.5 mill a year

AJ Bouye - our starting #1 CB with CB #2 having a very competitive outlook, held like glue coverage skills and makes acrobatic plays on the ball man coverage is his forte.#2 spot will have Hall, Fuller, Banks, a draft pick perhaps our nickle dime and depth is taken care of. Est 13 mill a year

Kenny stills - deep threat young improved as a wr last season avg ypr has been consistently high his whole career. 7.5mill a year.

Pierre garcon - a reliable vet known for his route running skills reminds me of a poormans steve smith doesnt go down easy makes an effort on every catch has a very good catch to target ratio, was seen ripping a cheese head in half on the sidelines. smells like bears spirit to me. Est 9 mill a year

Swing tackle - TBD

53.5-55(leeway) mill currently used ^^ out of 80+ mill( could leave us with money for a QB and draft picks)

Possible signings
duron harmon FS playmaker with limited snaps i can't tell if its his forced snap count that has allowed him to have great success turning the ball over when he is on thr field or how great of a player he really is but is definitely worth a look.

Kyle Juszczyk FB with good hands and plays with passion watching him score that TD in the last game of the season made me say "we need to sign this guy" great blocker too.

Gerald Hodges ilb upgrade to depth decent player.

Jack doyle TE looks like a solid possession TE runs good routes and showed up well in the redzone for Luck.

Logan Ryan CB inside-outside CB he could be our mirror CB solid in all areas competitive guy grades above avg plays press and man. Will solidify our secondary.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I made the point about keeping Goldman healthier by getting a 2 down NT a while ago. There are a few solid ones in FA: Poe, Brandon Williams, Bennie Logan, and I think Johnathan Hankins as well.

Add in Guy, Odrick, Baker, and DL is one of the only FA positions where the Bears can probably get pretty good value for a starter.

I prefer the rotational guy to be a great run blocker(especially since he'll be playing a swappable position) since bullard should be our pass rush dline threat thats why i think lawrence Guy who is coming into his prime and one of the best vs the run to be the best choice.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Think the players available in FA should fill a few needs! There is a real chance that the Bears can really improve their secondary and get a replacement WR that could offer more production at a lower price than Jeffrey, someone like Kendall Wright (Based on his yards under Loggains - who's lucky to be retained IMO).

The more I think about it the more id try get a QB in the draft, maybe by trading down, don't think any QB's are worth 3rd overall, either via a trade or in the draft.

Pick up an extra 2nd rounder draft pat mahomes use both our 2nd round picks on a TE/CB or OLB/CB.
Go straight BPA from the 3nd round down.

Chris

Liked Posts:
Pick up an extra 2nd rounder draft pat mahomes use both our 2nd round picks on a TE/CB or OLB/CB.
Go straight BPA from the 3nd round down.
This Mahomes is a real interest, he's at the top of my QB's at present, how high do you think he'll rise? The draft is stacked with TE and CB so having 2 second round picks would be nice!

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
This Mahomes is a real interest, he's at the top of my QB's at present, how high do you think he'll rise? The draft is stacked with TE and CB so having 2 second round picks would be nice!

If he interviews well he could go top 6 id trade back to the titans or jets and pick up a 2nd round pick and draft mahomes with our first pick.
Id love for antonio garcia to drop into the fourth round for us. ^ with my FA offseason would be an insane turn around.

Chris

Liked Posts:
If he interviews well he could go top 6 id trade back to the titans or jets and pick up a 2nd round pick and draft mahomes with our first pick.
Id love for antonio garcia to drop into the third round for us. ^ with my FA offseason would be an insane turn around.
I think your list of FA's shows that this off season is a real opportunity for the bears. We lost a fair few close games last year and with adding experience we could hopefully turn the tide.

There are good options in positions of need, but we need Pace to move quickly, something he's not done the last two years, he's seemed 'nervous' FA is more important to Pace than the draft this year.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I think your list of FA's shows that this off season is a real opportunity for the bears. We lost a fair few close games last year and with adding experience we could hopefully turn the tide.

There are good options in positions of need, but we need Pace to move quickly, something he's not done the last two years, he's seemed 'nervous' FA is more important to Pace than the draft this year.

We could realistically land 3-4 of those guys. We'll end up picking up a WR CB Safety and Dlinemen.

Chris

Liked Posts:
We could realistically land 3-4 of those guys. We'll end up picking up a WR CB Safety and Dlinemen.
Thoughts on Kenny Britt? Good size and a veteran for a young QB? I'd like either Bouye or Gilmore at CB and Jefferson at S, with Jefferson my number one target.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Jefferson is overrated not a typical safety we have enough ss's and i dont think fangio utilizes too many safety linebacker hybrids isnt very good in coverage kenny britt could fill a outside WR role for us id still prefer garcon but wouldn't be a bad option. Bouye is my guy i dont like gilmore tbh for a few reasons.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I think where Mahomes goes in this draft could become a surprise and we could see him go around the middle of the 1st round.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thoughts on Kenny Britt? Good size and a veteran for a young QB? I'd like either Bouye or Gilmore at CB and Jefferson at S, with Jefferson my number one target.

I sure do hope we can get one of AJ Bouye or S.Gilmore which will be hard with so many other teams wanting them as well that have plenty of money to spend. I had T.Johnson as my top CB to get but now he's got the franchise tag. K.Britt scares me because he waited until his contract year to have his best year by far so i'd hate to give him a multi year contract and him feel safe and not play the way he did last year.

Chris

Liked Posts:
I sure do hope we can get one of AJ Bouye or S.Gilmore which will be hard with so many other teams wanting them as well that have plenty of money to spend. I had T.Johnson as my top CB to get but now he's got the franchise tag. K.Britt scares me because he waited until his contract year to have his best year by far so i'd hate to give him a multi year contract and him feel safe and not play the way he did last year.
Signing one of the top free agents is something Pace will have to do tho! I'd be pissed if we were quiet again first few days and add second string players again. Drafted well Pace IMO but free agency he has been too 'tepid'

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the Bears need to pick a top DB and do/pay whatever neccassery to get them.

After that hit the 2nd tier and stock up on 3-4 guys.

With so much money and so many teams looking I don't think it is realistic to land 3 top end guys regardless of the money. If you want Bouye ensure you get him even if the contracts gets ridiculed.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Alshon is likely gone.
2. Garoppolo is not being traded
3. John Fox opens mouth
4. Glennon interest

Worst start to rumour season ever?

When it is announced they are keeping Cutler, it will officially be defcon 1