Free Agency Rumors and Signings [Entire NFL]

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
My original point was not to discredit Fournette as a prospect or suggest Guice was a superior one, rather to show that there numerous backs that can perform at a high level and taking one in the top 10 is a waste of resources.
disagree because it really all boils down to team philosophy. Every team values certain positions differently. I'm not suggesting Pace should take LF even though he will most likely be BPA at 3. What I am saying is when certain teams see hall of fame potential in a player positional value can get thrown right out the window.

Using hindsight, you'd draft a Hall fame player every time regardless of pick or position outside of special teams.

Completely agree with your statement about finding potential great Backs later on but there's a difference between great and legendary. He and Cook will both likely be gone in the top 10. 4 backs likely go top 20.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i brought up zeke because in REALITY zeke was mentioned in the mvp conversation at one point, led the league in rushing and led his team to the playoffs while playing in a run first offense..

see thats the reality of it.. in your hypothetical.. the cowboys could have had howard, ramsey and dak. maybe, maybe not..

if the cowboys take ramsey instead.. the whole entire draft changes after that very pick. ppls boards shift.. zeke could have been a bear for all you know (couldve hurt his shins training)... howard may go earlier or later.. he may have gotten lost on another roster as a 3rd option and never realized his rookie campaign. ramsey could have been coached and used differently in dal and struggled. dak may have ended up elsewhere as well.. never reaching the field... still sitting on the bench in new orleans or somewhere. cowboys could have missed the playoffs

youre saying a top ten rb inst worth it.. but in reality.. the very past season showed that it is.

Bears got just as good production out of a 5th rounder.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
DJ can play FS.. FS is a bigger need than SS imo...Primarily a ballhawk FS..however, theres always room for a Eric Berry at SS... other than that, a FS should be the target imo.. IDK if DJ is a ballhawk...i dont watch him, just know of him..... but he did have 3 ints last yr. and has 6 in his career...

amos, bush, houston-carson, jones-quartey can battle it out for SS.. they could add another young ss to the mix... but it would kind of impede the development of bush, carson, quartey.. but like i said... eric berry trumps all that...

I agree and have been saying all along that FS is the bigger need for us which is one of the reasons i would want M.Hooker at 3 over J.Adams. I think if the plan is to go with one of A.Amos or D.Bush at SS then we need to get a stud for FS and i don't see DJ Swearinger as a stud FS. We need to get two game changers for our secondary with one at FS and one at CB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
going by ints last year.. dj was three times better than amos....

but to your statement... why? he has paired with both the honey badger and jefferson...

aside from amos.. are you opposed to developing the other three youngins? who knows what jumps year two could bring for bush or carson.. and another year for quartey.. giving up on bush and carson afta one season is basically just giving away draft picks..

what other 'FS' option ya got thats not a rookie?

The list for free agent FS's isn't all that great and is much better for SS.

E.Berry
D.Harmon
M.Hyde
J.Addae
DJ Swearinger
B.Church

I'm still for drafting M.Hooker at 3 though and there's always guys that should be there in the 2nd round with B.Baker topping that list.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I agree and have been saying all along that FS is the bigger need for us which is one of the reasons i would want M.Hooker at 3 over J.Adams. I think if the plan is to go with one of A.Amos or D.Bush at SS then we need to get a stud for FS and i don't see DJ Swearinger as a stud FS. We need to get two game changers for our secondary with one at FS and one at CB.

Adams can play FS no problem. He is a lot like Berry in that they can play both with ease and that is something Fangio has desired in his safeties.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
pats got 5 rings with a 6th rd QB.. good players can be had in every rd.. what dont jyas get..

17 years ago.

Can you name another good late round QB that is not over 35 years old.

Teams don't let them fall anymore because they know they have to have them.

AussieBear

17 years ago.

Can you name another good late round QB that is not over 35 years old.

Teams don't let them fall anymore because they know they have to have them.

they do and will continue to let qbs fall... wilson, dak being the most recent i can recall at the moment... just woke.. coffee sippin memory..

there will always be reasons why.. wilsons too small.. daks dui and the tebow connection (was still a 2-3 before the dui)
the reasons qbs will always get passed on.. ppls need to search for the prototypes of the time...the search of perfection.. biased perceptions..... juss bad straight up evaluations.. etc etc

who knows what motivates rookies coming in...who knows who they are really....etc etc etc. theyve all been trained to give basically the same pc answers to teams...

thats why good players can be had in every round

AussieBear

im sure hooker could be had in a trade down.... i wouldnt be mad with a trade down to 6-12 to grab hooker... but he carries that same tribusky ??? mark.... only starting one year..

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Its funny same threads every single year about this time. The game is won in the trenches

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Its funny same threads every single year about this time. The game is won in the trenches

Do you know why the trenches are there? To either pressure the QB or protect him. No QB? Well then who gives a fuck about the trenches.

The Cowboys had the best O line in football in 2015, but their QB got hurt. 4-12, thank you trenches!

Last edited:

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Julius Thomas - TE - Jaguars
Citing league sources, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports the Dolphins are working to finalize a trade sending Branden Albert to the Jaguars in exchange for Julius Thomas.
The Miami Herald reported this late in the week, but the Sun-Sentinel got credit for the story on multiple media outlets today. The Sun-Sentinel hasn't (accurately) broken an NFL story in years. Either way, it's clear the Albert-for-Thomas deal has legs and at this point seems inevitable. Officially, no deal can be consummated until the start of the new league year on March 9.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Tony Romo - QB - Cowboys
According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, Tony Romo is willing to "massage" his contract in order to facilitate a trade.
This flexibility is critical if Dallas is going to get trade compensation. Romo must be willing to restructure his contract for any deal to get done, and if he wasn't it's entirely possible Romo would already have been released. The Cowboys should have a better idea of what they may be able to get for Romo when NFL teams convene at the Combine, which begins on Tuesday, February 28.

Tony Romo - QB - Cowboys
MMQB's Albert Breer expects the Cowboys to "do right" by Tony Romo.
That means either trading Romo to a team of his choosing or releasing him and letting him test the market. This belief is shared by a number of Cowboys staffers. Romo is expected to meet with owner Jerry Jones before or during the Combine. Arizona, Denver, Houston, and Kansas City are Romo's preferred landing spots.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Julius Thomas - TE - Jaguars
Citing league sources, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports the Dolphins are working to finalize a trade sending Branden Albert to the Jaguars in exchange for Julius Thomas.
The Miami Herald reported this late in the week, but the Sun-Sentinel got credit for the story on multiple media outlets today. The Sun-Sentinel hasn't (accurately) broken an NFL story in years. Either way, it's clear the Albert-for-Thomas deal has legs and at this point seems inevitable. Officially, no deal can be consummated until the start of the new league year on March 9.

Tony Romo - QB - Cowboys
According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, Tony Romo is willing to "massage" his contract in order to facilitate a trade.
This flexibility is critical if Dallas is going to get trade compensation. Romo must be willing to restructure his contract for any deal to get done, and if he wasn't it's entirely possible Romo would already have been released. The Cowboys should have a better idea of what they may be able to get for Romo when NFL teams convene at the Combine, which begins on Tuesday, February 28.

Tony Romo - QB - Cowboys
MMQB's Albert Breer expects the Cowboys to "do right" by Tony Romo.
That means either trading Romo to a team of his choosing or releasing him and letting him test the market. This belief is shared by a number of Cowboys staffers. Romo is expected to meet with owner Jerry Jones before or during the Combine. Arizona, Denver, Houston, and Kansas City are Romo's preferred landing spots.

Smokey updating! Well played man. If Romo makes his contract new team friendly, there is no way Jones trades him to the Texans.

Branden Albert is not a great LT, Started 16 games in one season out of nine. 32 year old good, never great LT.

Julius Thomas is a good TE, 24 TD's in two seasons a while back.

Thomas is 4 years younger so I guess that's cool.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
The Ravens aren't expected to re-sign OT Ricky Wagner. - Jeff Zrebiec, Baltimore Sun

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
The Bills plan on "chugging along" with a Nick Foles-type backup in 2017 and then starting over. - Ty Dunne, NFL Reporter

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
The Patriots are expected to get a second-round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo. - Ben Volin, Boston Globe
Charlie Campbell reported at the Senior Bowl that the Texans thought the Patriots' asking price for Garoppolo was too high, and other teams apparently think the same thing. Right now, the favorite to land Garoppolo would be the 49ers, who would surrender the 34th-overall pick, but New England will have lots of suitors as long as it doesn't expect a first-rounder in return. -Walter

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
"People who know" Kirk Cousins say that Cousins doesn't want to be with the Redskins anymore. - Jason Reid, ESPN