Fresh start: draft day/ weekend thread

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Adam Hoge
Adam Hoge – Verified account ‏@AdamHoge

Noted when I scouted new #Bears LB Leonard Floyd: the dude was lining up against WRs in the slot and mirroring them step-for-step.

Makes senses, Fangio likes to disguise coverages, players who can play multiple roles.

His versatility was one of the things I liked most and it keeps him from being a situational pass rusher. He's the 2nd best coverage LB in this draft behind Jack.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Wouldn't be surprised if the Bears trade down tomorrow and recoup that pick.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Can you imagine how the Hamster between The Hawk's ears feels? I would have looked for the nearest ear canal and jumped ship ages ago.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Chris Jones or Jonathan Bullard please. That front 7 will look awfully strong with one of those two guys added upfront.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Dodd, Billings, Reed, Robinson, Jones, Bulllard, Ward or Bell and Thompson at safety

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chris Jones or Jonathan Bullard please. That front 7 will look awfully strong with one of those two guys added upfront.

I like that thought but would add Dodd to that lest more as an End in a 3-4.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Get me Derrick Henry please! This guy will be a force in the NFL. 6'3 250 4.5 40speed...heisman winner....You have an easy answer for goalline, 3 & 1, 4 & 1, and clock control situations. GET HIM! This dude will own teams in the 4th quarter!

I just do not see this guy being "a force" in the NFL.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I think bears go Hunter Henry although I like Miller their is no real depth after we weally need two TE's that can block

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I really think the Bears take Dline here, there is still a handful of them left with "1st round" grades on them.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Cleveland is going to set the record for the most draft picks ever!

Luke

Liked Posts:

About what we figured.

Pace joked that Fox had been “pounding the table” for the Bears to draft more edge rushers to help the Bears get off the field on third down.

“Vic likes this guy a lot, as well as [outside linebackers coach] Clint Hurtt,” Pace said. “So both those guys are excellent coaches. It just gives me a lot of confidence when you bring someone like this in the building for them to further develop the player. In addition, this player has the right attitude and mindset for that. He’s hungry, he’s high energy. He plays with a lot of enthusiasm and passion. I think that all comes together.”

Mitchapalooza

About what we figured.

Pace joked that Fox had been “pounding the table” for the Bears to draft more edge rushers to help the Bears get off the field on third down.

“Vic likes this guy a lot, as well as [outside linebackers coach] Clint Hurtt,” Pace said. “So both those guys are excellent coaches. It just gives me a lot of confidence when you bring someone like this in the building for them to further develop the player. In addition, this player has the right attitude and mindset for that. He’s hungry, he’s high energy. He plays with a lot of enthusiasm and passion. I think that all comes together.”

listening to Floyd he sounded like a humble guy that was ready to just get to work. I don't think he had any character issues either so that's nice.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Dr. James Andrews told Jack he won't need microfracture surgery.

I know nothing of knee surgeries or any of that, but if Jack played at 220-225 (played his career 220-240 he said) and played a more of a hybrid SS role would that be less stress on his knee since its less weight on his knee?

Luke

Liked Posts:
listening to Floyd he sounded like a humble guy that was ready to just get to work. I don't think he had any character issues either so that's nice.

I'm one of the few who liked the pick and I like the way Pace went and got him.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Back to the main draft day thread..

From another thread, apparently McShay mentioned the Bears are trying to trade up for Cook.