2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Which is why I lead with don’t cut Sitton unless you are sure you can get Nelson. Even given that, the chances of Long and Sitton staying healthy all season are remote; Long may not even be ready for the season opener. I am not advocating Nelson, Sitton, Whitehair and Long. But, from what I have read about Nelson is that he as close to a sure thing in the draft. Can you have too much talent on the o-line? Again, not my first choice in round 1 necessarily but hard to argue with, too.

Nope!!! With injuries and who knows how much more mileage you will get out of Sitton and even Long

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I'd cut him. No reason to keep him for a season only to get rid of him next year which will undoubtedly happen. The new offense needs continuity on the line as it is being installed. Going one season with Sitton only to have to find his replacement next offseason is pointless.

My guess is that the Bears would be able to cut him and resign him at a lower price if push came to shove. Sitton is gonna be 32. Unless he wants to chase a ring, he's unlikely to get more than a 1 year deal with another team option in 2019.

The other reason you get rid of him is because it's unlikely Long will be around after next year as well. Bears should not want to be in a situation where they have to find two new guards at once.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Why cut him when Pace should have more cap than he can spend.
Shouldn’t prevent drafting Nelson either. You can virtually guarantee one of the online will get hurt. I’ve never seen a starting 5 on the OLine stay together very long during the season.
Long could probably play any position other than C.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd cut him. No reason to keep him for a season only to get rid of him next year which will undoubtedly happen. The new offense needs continuity on the line as it is being installed. Going one season with Sitton only to have to find his replacement next offseason is pointless.

My guess is that the Bears would be able to cut him and resign him at a lower price if push came to shove. Sitton is gonna be 32. Unless he wants to chase a ring, he's unlikely to get more than a 1 year deal with another team option in 2019.

The other reason you get rid of him is because it's unlikely Long will be around after next year as well. Bears should not want to be in a situation where they have to find two new guards at once.

We can't fix every problem in one year WR and OLB are bigger needs.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I’ve never seen a starting 5 on the OLine stay together very long during the season.

Unless you are 4 years old or just became a football fan, you saw the Bears OL of

Bushrod, Slauson, Garza, Long, Mills start all 16 games in 2013.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Good point. Should have said rarely.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Sure of what, not argu8ng, just don’t know. If you cut Sitton you now make OG a need and draft one, which is o.k but you had better be sure you have the right guy. Miss on on some one and now OG is an issue. That is what I am trying to get across.

You can’t be sure of drafting Nelson. You said you wouldn’t cut Sitton unless you were sure you could get Nelson. We don’t have the 1st pick in the draft... so that’s impossible to know if we can get Nelson.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when Sitton fell into the Bears lap, it was lucky. Bears had a hole at guard and little oline depth. Sitton can still play and wants to play, says he feels good, gotta keep him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You don't cut him unless you know you have a replacement in FA lined up that you like. Norwell is the only FA guard that is on sittons level, so unless you can get him its a downgrade.

I've never been for grabbing nelson at #8, too many needs and you can find a serviceable guard in round 4. Will he be all pro like nelson? Nope, but can he make a pro bowl? Theres a chance.

We need 2x WR, OLB, possibly DE, maybe a CB and a RT and an ILB waaaaaaaaaaaay before we need guard.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Cutting Sitton without a sure replacement puts Trubisky's health at much greater risk. No real need to cut him this year anyway.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Sitton was 4th round and made multiple pro bowls, a guard at 8 is a waste in general(1 in the last 17 years) let alone the numerous needs.

AussieBear

The Theme of the Offseason

Do NOT create more holes, fix the ones that exist.

the theme of pace.. create holes on offense to fix?

wr, te fer example..

so creating holes at guard.. no problems fer da pace..

AussieBear

id rather pick up sittion sign another OG and cut long while drafting sittiuuns replacement for 2019 in rds 3-5.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't you pick up his option? Offensive line depth is important. Even if we do draft a guard in the draft. He's still performing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Bears fans continue to baffle me with their stupidity.

Plenty of cap space already, and you have a talented, known commodity on the offensive line, and some here just want to get rid of him for no valid reason and a back up plan of maybe a draft pick......

Go back to your madden games, kids.

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep Sitton, if it just so happen that Nelson is still on the board in the first round when the Bears pick at 8 you still draft him and he can be groomed to take over when sitton is gone.

The bears can get the wr's and olb's in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, that's of course if the bears don't decide to trade down with a team wanting to move up to get a qb etc....

msadows

Liked Posts:
Keep Sitton, if it just so happen that Nelson is still on the board in the first round when the Bears pick at 8 you still draft him and he can be groomed to take over when sitton is gone.

The bears can get the wr's and olb's in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, that's of course if the bears don't decide to trade down with a team wanting to move up to get a qb etc....

The bears can get pro bowl guards in the 2nd and 3rd rounds too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imo, it’d be foolish to have Q. Nelson, Sitton, Long and Whitehair on the roster. You can’t play them all.

Did you just say we'll have too many good players. =)Nelson was recruited as a T and could probably play RT as well or better than Massie. If not him, somebody else could. Rotate him into Sitton's spot in a year. They'll find a way to use him if drafted. I'm not crazy about a G in one but they'd work it out.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears tried to trade him last year.....they got no takers......I think he is going to get cut.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears tried to trade him last year.....they got no takers......I think he is going to get cut.

Link? With an already thin OL depth chart they would trade a proven vet starter?