Friday practice updates: Kruger back, Crawford likely still out

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Was some news to discuss from today's skate.

The lines:

Ladd-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Mashinter (for Kane)
Fleischmann-Teuvo-Panik
Desjardins-Kruger-Shaw

Kane was just getting a few days off, no need for panic there. Interesting to see that Dale Wiese was the one benched with Kruger returning to his usual 4C spot. That fourth line was damn good in the playoffs last year. Third line intriguing as well, given that TT and Fleischman have paired well and Panik has been playing well recently.

Also, this news from Mark Potash is a bit disconcerting:

The Hawks embark tomorrow on a 4-game road trip. After that, it's only four games (and about two weeks) until the playoffs start. If this Crawford injury lingers at all .... shit.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Weiss the odd man out eh?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
No, he means stephan Weiss, the guy the hawks picked up that had the great year centering Fleschmann and versteeg that's why he had such great chemistry with Fleshchmann :smug2:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, he means stephan Weiss, the guy the hawks picked up that had the great year centering Fleschmann and versteeg that's why he had such great chemistry with Fleshchmann :smug2:
Seems legit

#bandwagonerscantspell

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This shit just got for reals...

:tiptoe:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Neither can the person who originally corrected you...but hopefully that was some sort of sarcasm/joke...
thatsthejoke.jpg

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Have to believe that Weise will find a spot once Panik messes up. I like Panik's north/south game but he doesn't seem to have the highest hockey IQ in certain situations and I have to believe that Q will get Weise back in once that shows up. All and all, four pretty solid lines on paper - just need everyone to show up and come together heading into the playoffs.

Kruger (not Krueger) is confirmed to be in tomorrow. Line rushes in practice indicated that much but it was confirmed after.

Happy to see that Mashinter isn't in the lineup as of late and have to figure he is the #14 forward at this point. I'll give it to him that he played better than I expected but he still isn't the type of 4th line forward that seems to work for the Blackhawks and he just didn't help the team enough.