Friday the 13th Mock Off Season

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No for the 2nd on Hopkins. No on Sewell. Everything else I'm ok with.

That's his price point too many teams will overpay for his ability and Bears can't miss out again on not giving Fields a real weapon to help him develop.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
An expensive 30+ year old wr for a 2nd (hey look, two 2nd Poles trades for two wr)
And then you draft defense/defense in the 1st round

What could go wrong.

Maybe wait to see who's officially in the draft AND who actually becomes a FA....still not sure Payne actually hits the market

Hopkins will still be elite for at least three more years and will be crucial to Fields development you can't ignore this position even if they did mess up with Claypool.

They are best player available. I'd rather get impact players than draft a bum at a much needed position.

Not going BPA is what would go terribly wrong.

Payne is going to be expensive but he's the top DT I'd also love Hargrave, DreMont Jones.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
That's his price point too many teams will overpay for his ability and Bears can't miss out again on not giving Fields a real weapon to help him develop.
Then it’s not worth paying. No.
Free Agency

* Bears trade 2023 first round pick (#1) to the Seahawks for 2023 first round pick (#5), 2023 first round pick (#20), 2023 second round pick

* Bears trade 2023 second round pick to the Arizona Cardinals for WR DeAndre Hopkins

Bears sign DeAndre Hopkins

Getting a first-round pick back for Hopkins is absolutely out of the question. Especially considering the Bears would still be on the hook for his huge contract other young QB's have benefitted a lot from elite WR's and Bears can't miss out on this opportunity even if it is a two or three year rental to develop Fields.

View attachment 25525
F to fuck no.
Bears sign DT Da'Ron Payne to 5 years 100 million

25 year old Daron Payne might be the number one defensive lineman the Chicago Bears should pursue, and it’s probably not even close. Payne has only missed one game for Washington and has been a consistent problem for opposing offensive lines throughout his career.

View attachment 25526

Bears sign DE Yannick Ngakoue to 4 years 60 million

Ngakoue hasn't find a home in the NFL he's played for the Vikings, Jaguars, Raiders, Colts, and the Ravens. He excels at one thing and that's getting the QB he can't do much else but Eberflus is smart enough to game plan on what he does best.

View attachment 25527

Draft

Seahawks draft QB Bryce Young
Texans draft QB CJ Stroud
Cardinals draft DE Will Anderson Jr
Colts draft QB Will Levis

1 [5] DT Jalen Carter [Georgia] 6'3 300lbs

View attachment 25528
Of course.
1 [20] LB Noah Sewell [Oregon] 6'2 253lbs

Brother of Lions tackle Penei Sowell.

View attachment 25529
No. Too high. I don’t see it.
2 [56] C Luke Wypler [Ohio State] 6'3 300lbs

Justin Fields college center.

View attachment 25530
No way. There are a lot of OL here that are better. We don’t need a rookie to start at C. That’s doom.
Too high for him. I like the kid. I really do, but rumor is that he will run a 4.6 or higher. He will fall. So, you can mock him later than this.
4 [103] RB Mohamed Ibrahim [Minnesota] 5'10 210lbs

View attachment 25532

4 [134] G Mason Brooks [Ole Miss] 6'6 315lbs

View attachment 25533

5 [136] TE Noah Gindorff [North Dakota] 6'6 329lbs

View attachment 25534
I saw him play a bit this year. He’s a good Y. We need a U.
Round 5 #148: S Ronnie Hickham, Ohio State
Round 5 #159: CB Tykee Smith, Georgia
Round 7 #220: DE Derek Parish, Houston

Bust

Liked Posts:

Friday the 13th Mock Off Season​

Free Agency . . .
sign Lamar Jackson
sign Jadeveon Clowney
sign DeAndre Hopkins

Trade Fields for 2 1st round picks
Trade the #1 pick to the Colts

Bears are set for the next 2 seasons with 1st round picks but also have the ability to win now.

11-6 season boyz DO IT!

greg23

Liked Posts:
Hopkins will still be elite for at least three more years and will be crucial to Fields development you can't ignore this position even if they did mess up with Claypool.

They are best player available. I'd rather get impact players than draft a bum at a much needed position.

Not going BPA is what would go terribly wrong.

Payne is going to be expensive but he's the top DT I'd also love Hargrave, DreMont Jones.
As I said when he made the Claypool trade....the Bears 2nd would have been better used picking a rookie (wr or not) or used for a better wr than Claypool in a trade in the off season (Hopkins, ayuik, etc)

Poles isn't giving up that high a pick for a 30+ year old wr with a no trafe clause that will want an extention/more money

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
The part of this mock I like is trading with Seattle for the 5. We get the most value moving to 5 and it is true we can likely still get Carter at 5. The ideal scenario is trading back and getting Anderson, but I just don’t see a path to that. So trading with Indy or Seattle if they are interested could end in getting Carter assuming the 3 Qbs are taken in top 4 picks.

I think everyone here agrees Payne is worth giving massive deal to, we have to hope that he is not tagged, but he likely will be.

The trade he proposes for Hopkins would be fine with me if it’s our second rounder, not the one presumably acquired from Seattle, but I think a 3rd can get it done anyway.

Coming out of the offseason with Payne, Carter, Hopkins, and some extra picks would be great.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As I said when he made the Claypool trade....the Bears 2nd would have been better used picking a rookie (wr or not) or used for a better wr than Claypool in a trade in the off season (Hopkins, ayuik, etc)

Poles isn't giving up that high a pick for a 30+ year old wr with a no trafe clause that will want an extention/more money

It wouldn't be option number one but he can't ignore the glaring problem at WR and pretend it doesn't exist.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The part of this mock I like is trading with Seattle for the 5. We get the most value moving to 5 and it is true we can likely still get Carter at 5. The ideal scenario is trading back and getting Anderson, but I just don’t see a path to that. So trading with Indy or Seattle if they are interested could end in getting Carter assuming the 3 Qbs are taken in top 4 picks.

I think everyone here agrees Payne is worth giving massive deal to, we have to hope that he is not tagged, but he likely will be.

The trade he proposes for Hopkins would be fine with me if it’s our second rounder, not the one presumably acquired from Seattle, but I think a 3rd can get it done anyway.

Coming out of the offseason with Payne, Carter, Hopkins, and some extra picks would be great.

I think Chase Young is the bigger priority to extend over DaRon Payne, they likely can't keep both unless they choose to move on from Jonathan Allen since his guaranteed money is up. I'd love Jonathan Allen just as much. Allen and Payne's relationship seems to be having some troubles they had a fight a couple season ago.

Third would be ideal but I see a playoff needy team willing to give up the farm for Hopkins.