From Olin......look at this play from Mitch

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I mean Mitch's sophomore year pretty much showed he's definitely capable of throwing for 4k yards and ~30 TDs.

I don't think many people expected Mitch to be this bad after his 2018 season which was obviously flawed but showed improvement form 2017.
Did he show that? 25% of his TD production came in one game vs the worst pass d in the league. We’ve seen for a stretch that dates back to last season that unless he gets set up with great field position, he’s damn near incapable of driving a team down the field for a TD

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean Mitch's sophomore year pretty much showed he's definitely capable of throwing for 4k yards and ~30 TDs

Did it though?

I saw the same limitations last year in throwing the ball, but he was excelling at running with the ball to compensate and make him a far more interesting quarterback. That version of Trubisky never really came back after last season's injury and the offense has only gotten worse since.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
What is Olin supposed to be showing here? That Mitch can complete a 16 yard pass to an open receiver, or that his hip was hurt? Because I don't see the point of showing the former, and this isn't a good example of the latter. I guess he kind of limps at the end but the GIF ends too soon so you don't get a good view of that.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Mitch is not a Blaine Gabbert total bust.

He is a QB that needs to be supported by a lot on offense, which sucks for a 2nd overall pick. That is a huge disappointment for what the Bears invested and what was available. But it is our reality.

We have 2 options, get a new QB or build the offense up around the current one.

Jay Cutler #2 about to happen.

the Bears back in the day bent over backwards for Jay and I sense the Bears doing same with Mitch.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
If you look at all the successful QB's in the last 15 or so years, its hard to find one that struggled like this in year 3. The famous early struggling QB turn great is Drew Brees. He had a bad year 3 and thats why they drafted Rivers., but that was only his 2nd season starting so not really the same.

Alex Smith had a rough start, in and out due to performance and injury, then went to KC and had some success but Alex Smith was not prolific. He was a 20TD, 3500 yard passer, game manager QB in KC. You can see what that offense really does with a good QB.

Stafford and Goff struggled first year starting then improved. Otherwise, Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, Brady, Luck, Dak, Rodgers, Ryan , Carr, Wentz.. now Jackson. All good year 1. Can't find any great QB's that were totally inept in their 3rd year, so chances he can be saved are highly unlikely.

Some are comparing him to Bortles. His third year was 4400 yards, 35TDs so Trubisky isn't remotely close. Others say Tannehill but Tannehill was 4000 yards ,27TD, 12INT in his 3rd season and followe that up with another 4000 yard season with a 2 to 1 ratio. So yeah.. umm Trubisky isn't even as good as these guys.

Trubisky's career right now. Bad year 1, slightly better year 2 on good defensive team that made playoffs. Then year 3 took a big step back.

Most likely career track = Christian Ponder

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What is Olin supposed to be showing here? That Mitch can complete a 16 yard pass to an open receiver, or that his hip was hurt? Because I don't see the point of showing the former, and this isn't a good example of the latter. I guess he kind of limps at the end but the GIF ends too soon so you don't get a good view of that.

Robinson was the 2nd read.

He got to him quickly and at got the throw there at the right time.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you look at all the successful QB's in the last 15 or so years, its hard to find one that struggled like this in year 3. The famous early struggling QB turn great is Drew Brees. He had a bad year 3 and thats why they drafted Rivers., but that was only his 2nd season starting so not really the same.

Alex Smith had a rough start, in and out due to performance and injury, then went to KC and had some success but Alex Smith was not prolific. He was a 20TD, 3500 yard passer, game manager QB in KC. You can see what that offense really does with a good QB.

Stafford and Goff struggled first year starting then improved. Otherwise, Wilson, Mahomes, Watson, Brady, Luck, Dak, Rodgers, Ryan , Carr, Wentz.. now Jackson. All good year 1. Can't find any great QB's that were totally inept in their 3rd year, so chances he can be saved are highly unlikely.

Some are comparing him to Bortles. His third year was 4400 yards, 35TDs so Trubisky isn't remotely close. Others say Tannehill but Tannehill was 4000 yards ,27TD, 12INT in his 3rd season and followe that up with another 4000 yard season with a 2 to 1 ratio. So yeah.. umm Trubisky isn't even as good as these guys.

Trubisky's career right now. Bad year 1, slightly better year 2 on good defensive team that made playoffs. Then year 3 took a big step back.

Most likely career track = Christian Ponder

This is true. We are betting against the odds.

But Pace has so much invested my guess is he is going to ride this thing out a little longer.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys are brutal. I am pretty sure that the purpose here that Olin was pointing out that you can tell from the way Trubisky threw the ball that he was clearly hurt. That was it. Then you go into that anybody can make this throw, and then go on to ripping him to shreds, where there are already over a thousand threads doing that. To sit here going from thread to thread , regardless of the topic, saying the same shit over and over again is insanely impossible to read and unbearable.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Robinson was the 2nd read.

He got to him quickly and at got the throw there at the right time.

I might be missing your point here, but the pass was to Miller #17. It was a good pass, but i'm grasping at straws for why Olin needs to show 1 good intermediate pass while mentioning the hip in the tweet. Trubisky needs to show he can have multiple games where he has 10 of those.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He's showing that Trubisky is observed favoring his hip and not throwing with his body. He also kinda walks funny after the throw. The GIF is strictly about the injury and those doubting that it existed (where have you been, the talk of town is that it was a fake injury...)

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Mitch is not a Blaine Gabbert total bust.
What does that even mean? I'm thinking it will take an extra 2-3 years and an extra $20-40M to figure out he's not good enough? Isn't that worse?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What does that even mean? I'm thinking it will take an extra 2-3 years and an extra $20-40M to figure out he's not good enough? Isn't that worse?

No, it means that historically you have to be total fucking disaster and show nothing, not even close to Mitch's 2018, for a team to bail on a top 10 pick before even year 5.

The investment is so high that they try and force it.

Some, here is looking at you Jacksonville, are stupid enough to extend them. Most ride it into the 5th year option.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To sit here going from thread to thread , regardless of the topic, saying the same shit over and over again is insanely impossible to read and unbearable.
This whole site's narrative of this season is a bigger joke than the Bears performance on the field.

While I very much agree with these fine posts....come on. Did you really not expect any less than this?

Every Sunday just comes with a larger can of kerosene too. You should see some of the threads I spared you all from.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
No, it means that historically you have to be total fucking disaster and show nothing, not even close to Mitch's 2018, for a team to bail on a top 10 pick before even year 5.

The investment is so high that they try and force it.

Some, here is looking at you Jacksonville, are stupid enough to extend them. Most ride it into the 5th year option.
I look at it differently.

There's a minimum level of performance you need to have by the end of year 3. It doesn't matter how close or far you are from that minimum. Anything beneath the line will probably fail, so it's easier to move on then to pretend it's closer to working out.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I look at it differently.

There's a minimum level of performance you need to have by the end of year 3. It doesn't matter how close or far you are from that minimum. Anything beneath the line will probably fail, so it's easier to move on then to pretend it's closer to working out.

NFL Teams do not see it that way.

It is rare for a top 10 pick who has played even below average football not to start games in year 4. You need to absolutely hot garbage for your entire career as a top 10 pick not to get starts in year 4.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I didn't think Mitch looked bad until the 4th quarter. That's not to say he looked great, but he didn't look bad... That raised more concerns about Nagy's scheme.. If a QB playing average to above average results in that, something is wrong.